Thread: Clyde & Seamore

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Clyde & Seamore

I've just had a chance to watch the new Clyde & Seamore In Deep Deep Trouble show at SeaWorld San Diego,and I have to say Im really dissapointed at how this new show has turned out.For years I've been a huge fan of the Californian Sealion duo.However this latest version just seems to have taken all the elements that made it a fun and creative show,and just thown them in the trash.The storyline was complicated and weird,and the gags were not funny in the slightest.Also there've got rid of the walruses.Bring back Fools with Tools is what I say.

Anyone else got to watch this new show yet what are your thoughts ?

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Clyde & Seamore

Well all I can say on Clyde and Seamore is that I thoroughly prefer their show to Shamu's when I go to SeaWorld Orlando. It has humour, and is more intimate. I love them.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Is that the show where they're in a submarine searching for a mermaid? If it is, I agree that its not a very good show.

• I Hug My Tapirs

I have to agree, it's a pretty disappointing show. However, it is constantly being retooled. It's not even close to the same show that it was in the start (which, if you can believe it, was far worse). Also, there have been a number of effects lately that are broken, like the mermaid trap. It kind of kills it when you set up the elaborate trap and never use it.

As for the walrus, the walrus that was used in Fools With Tools died awhile back, and for a long time they didn't even have a walrus at the stadium. There is finally one there, though, and it has made a couple of show appearances as I understand it.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Deep, Deep Trouble is evolving and is much tighter than opening day. The preshow is more 'old school' and provides lots of laughs provided with the right "Cazador." The best "Cazador's" are those with great adlib abilities. Some of the trainers play their parts quite well while others are fairly dull. It's currently hit and miss. Some shows are quite good and others play pretty flat. Of all the recent changes, the most head scratching for me is the addition of 'techno' music during the water ballet with Clyde and the mermaid. Very odd! Haha.

The show will be around for awhile, so give it a chance.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Minion FOREVER!

Yup, definitely agree. This show has a lot more stuff going on that's too fast and
    misses the obvious stuff (mermaid trap not used, nothing bad happens to the
    bad guy except a boom, etc). The pre-show is kind of cute though. :-)
    Fools with Tools was much better.

When we went last month, the shows changed slightly even on the same day
    (My daughter loves Clyde and Seymore!). My wife thinks
    that it's because of sea lions refusing to do certain things.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    When we went last month, the shows changed slightly even on the same day
    (My daughter loves Clyde and Seymore!). My wife thinks
    that it's because of sea lions refusing to do certain things.
    That's very, very common. When the show first opened, the animals were hardly in it at all because the bad weather this winter set the construction back, and as a result, they had barely any time to train the animals on the set. They're slowly getting better at it, but as with any animal show, there's often issues of split animals (where the animal leaves the trainer suddenly) or uncooperative animals.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    I have to agree, it's a pretty disappointing show. However, it is constantly being retooled. It's not even close to the same show that it was in the start (which, if you can believe it, was far worse).
    Yea, that first show was the worst show I have seen to come out of SW entertainment, truely horrorable. Personly I think that they should of just brought back the old Haunted Mansion show from the early 80's, that was a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed
    Deep, Deep Trouble is evolving and is much tighter than opening day. The preshow is more 'old school' and provides lots of laughs provided with the right "Cazador." The best "Cazador's" are those with great adlib abilities. Some of the trainers play their parts quite well while others are fairly dull. It's currently hit and miss. Some shows are quite good and others play pretty flat. Of all the recent changes, the most head scratching for me is the addition of 'techno' music during the water ballet with Clyde and the mermaid. Very odd! Haha.
    There are some of the performers (human not animal) that are truely awful such as a certain Sam who should go back to Dolphins and a Cazador who thinks the part has a Texan accent.

BTW am I the only one who thinks the sub is just hidious in appearance, seriously AB is known for some excelent theming (most outsourced to companies such as Nassal though) and somehow Clyde and Seamore missed out. Hopefully Shamu doesn't get the same treatment.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

The art I've seen for Shamu '06 is pretty slick. Hopefully they will have adequete rehearsal time before the show debuts. That's what really did in DDT. The timeline for closure, construction and debut is pretty tight. Time will tell...
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

-Pete Townshend

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed
    The art I've seen for Shamu '06 is pretty slick. Hopefully they will have adequete rehearsal time before the show debuts. That's what really did in DDT. The timeline for closure, construction and debut is pretty tight. Time will tell...
    Agreed - the new Shamu stuff looks really cool. If the finished product lives up to the concept art, I'll be very impressed.

• CM for 4 years!

They got rid of Fools with Tools?!?! Sad times, I thought that show was soooo funny!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• CM for 4 years!

Saw the new Clyde and Seamore show, and it seemed pretty common that the sea lions refused to do the tricks that the trainers asked for. Our Cazador was hilarious! He was sort of like Will Ferrell in Anchorman, but topical. Unfortunately, Seamore's trainer (the sailor), was really bad at knowing the script, and the Cazador had to feed her her lines for half of the show.

Only the sea lions will do the tricks seamlessly, maybe the show will be better.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Without question, the show would play horribly flat if it weren't for most of the performer's playing Cazador. To be certain, some are stronger in some areas than others, but they help bring focus to a show with a (now) straight forward plot, but a lot of business to get the story finished in 20 minutes! It's neat to be able to see the show many different times and see both big plot moments and smaller character moments given different treatments. I know there's been some talk in having a trainer become Cazador so that there could be more interaction between the animals and the captain. Frankly I think this would be a mistake. As the show is currently written, Cazador provides most of the human comic relief and having trainers, act, improv and deal with the animals might be a bit much. Again, the show is in it's infancy - I'm sure everyone's sentimental favorite Spooky Kooky Castle didn't start out as the show we all remember. Give DDT some time... it will be around for awhile! And the light and the end of tunnel: Sea Lions Tonight returns next summer! Woot!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

-Pete Townshend