• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Question Currently at 6FMM?

Goint to ride the rails on Sunday, any closures I should be aware of? I know X will be down for the conversion, and not really interested in non-coasters. Thanks.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: Currently at 6FMM?

You can expect about 1/3 of the coasters to be down randomly. Ninja will probably be down due to weather. Expect many of the shops and eateries to be closed till about 11 or all day.

I went last year around this time and that's the experience I had. But the good news is that there are so few people in the park before noon, they often just let you stay on the coaster and go for another ride without having to get back in line. We did Goliath 3 times in a row because nobody was getting in line.

The negative is that once the crowds begin to accumulate around 2-3, the lines back up quickly because they only have one train going.

• Shablagoo!

I know Flashback is going to the great coaster park in the sky as well.

I was at SFMM on Monday (Christmas Eve) and was very pleasantly suprised. I was expecting low capacity on the coasters, but they were running at least two trains on every open coaster except for Batman and Gold Rusher. The longest line we waited in was about 15 minutes for Tatsu and the rest were less than 5 minutes (including Gold Rusher and Batman). The only coasters that were down were X, Viper (being painted) and Flashback (although that goes without saying). I'm not sure if Deja Vu was open, we didn't get back there, but even Superman was running. I believe that all of the flat rides were running except for the ones that are being removed for Thomas the Train (there is a fence around the old petting zoo and the Granny Grand Prix). At the entrance they listed Log Jammer as being closed, but it was actually open.

This is our first year in about 5 years to get a pass at MM and based on what I saw on Monday, I am looking forward to a nice year.

Blog Entries

I went yesterday and it was freezing and crowded! They opened at 10:30 and so we immediately went to Tatsu, which didn't even start testing until 10:35. The line for us should have been only 60 minutes, but ended up almost double that when they started having problems with the one station and so switched to single train operation. Around 1 the line for Goiiath was already 1 hour so we left.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Currently at 6FMM?

Thanks, everyone. Hopefully we have a day like Xmas Eve, and not like yesterday. Have already decided gloves will be coming. Guess I'll leave the option of springing for a flashpass open; I hate the charge, but it's offset by getting in with our Discovery Kingdom passes.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I know Flashback is going to the great coaster park in the sky as well.
    Yeah, it's been the world's bigest lawn ornament for a few years now. Time to put it out of it's misery.

They should have removed it and put the new Thomas town there instead of taking out another family ride to put it in.

Oh, but that would have made too much sense.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    They should have removed it and put the new Thomas town there instead of taking out another family ride to put it in.

Oh, but that would have made too much sense.
    I thought the same thing. Why take out Granny Gran Prix when it was one of the few good kiddie rides? If 6FMM wants to attract more families, they should keep the good kiddie rides as well as add more good ones; and take out one ore more of the spin-in-a-circle barf/boring rides instead.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    and take out one ore more of the spin-in-a-circle barf/boring rides instead.
    Circus Wheel just had its last day yesterday. It is going to be removed. Sierra Twist is going to be retired soon due to its high up keep cost. And Spin Out will also be gone soon.

Oh, and Viper is down as well; receiving a new coat of paint!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220 View Post
    Oh, and Viper is down as well; receiving a new coat of paint!
    That's a good thing!!!

If only the paint would make the thing not hurt so much.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Currently at 6FMM?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That's a good thing!!!

If only the paint would make the thing not hurt so much.
    Maybe about 250 coats on the inside of the harness?

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I thought the same thing. Why take out Granny Gran Prix when it was one of the few good kiddie rides? If 6FMM wants to attract more families, they should keep the good kiddie rides as well as add more good ones; and take out one ore more of the spin-in-a-circle barf/boring rides instead.
    I understand why the Mountain wants to attract families but they had such a fun time alienating them for many years I just don't think many people see the value compared to a Disneyland, Seaworld, or hell even Knotts.

The coasters are the only reason to really go there anymore and who even pays the full price for a ticket these days? I know everytime I've gone we've either gotten in free or our tickets were clost to that. Last time we (my girlfriend and I) went Tatsu was by far the best thing they had going -- that ride is insane! There is a section where I had no idea where I was, what exactly the ride was doing, and pretty much had no clue what in the world was happening to me. Excellent coaster!

My only complaints about the park is coaster capacity (only running one train), the food, and it always just looks torn up and dirty. Oh and I hate how no one is in the line to help split parties up. Every ride is just a giant free for all for just about any seat. Sigh. I really wish they upped the ante on their food options -- since it is about the equivalent to mall foodcourt.

Either way, going to the Mountain really makes someone appreciate the quality of Disney...thats more definitely for sure!
    Class of 2005...

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220 View Post
    Circus Wheel just had its last day yesterday. It is going to be removed. Sierra Twist is going to be retired soon due to its high up keep cost. And Spin Out will also be gone soon.
    Aww, how sad. Circus Wheel was the former Baile de las Flores, right? And Spin Out - same reason (cost of upkeep)? Are there 3 replacements in the works yet?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails