Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Make it Cool

Re: TDLFAN rides "Disaster Studios" at Universal FLA

Does anyone else utterly LOATHE attractions anywhere that encourage the participants to SCREAM? I hate that. it's loud, annoying and not fun.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this then. I love the rides with great and amazing special effects, but there's something about Jaws (much like with the Jungle Cruise) that just makes me adore this attraction. I love it exactly like it is. It has a bit of a campiness about it, while still being quite entertaining. Again it depends on your skipper. I've had some rides that were awful and some that were some of the best theme park experiences I've ever had.
    Too true - Jaws is one of my fave attractions anywhere. And now I've had chance to ride it at night I love it even more.

I enjoy seeing people ride it for the first time - and if you get that sweet spot halfway on the left hand side, you can get pics like this -

I just wish I'd had chance to ride the original version where the shark grabs the boat and is blown up at the end.

The ever-reliable Wikipedia has this info listed for the 2008 rehab -

Universal will temporally close the ride again beginning January 28, 2008. It will reopen on February 8, 2008 with more fire effects (most of which were removed during the previous renovation), New paint added to the boats, New water effects which will completely soak guests, as well as a brand new, redesigned ending.
    Long live Jaws!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post

I just wish I'd had chance to ride the original version where the shark grabs the boat and is blown up at the end.

The ever-reliable Wikipedia has this info listed for the 2008 rehab -

Long live Jaws!
    mmmm WOW! Universal Studios is really stepping up! If they add new effects and a new ending.... I know I personally love this ride, and welcome updates and changes to it!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Blog Entries

Wikipedia is the only place I've heard anything about a new ending from. There's quite a few skippers over on IOACentral and none of them have mentioned anything about a new ending, but maybe they're just not allowed to or haven't heard. I wouldn't hold any hope out for a new ending just yet.

Didn't Jaws get shut down not to long go do the cost of the fire? If anyone has seen Jaws The Musical on youtube you know what I am talking about.

Disaster's grand opening was yesterday and Universal Studios held a fun press event to kick it off. Orlando Attractions Magazine was there with coverage of the whole thing. We've put a 10-minute video and a photo gallery online at http://www.attractionsmagazine.com featuring the whole opening ceremony, a bit of the pre-show and ride, and interviews with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and more.

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

Disaster! reminds me of the old Herc and Xena show. Volunteers were picked out to do different things and their efforts were edited together into the big finale.

Earthquake (and now Disaster!) was one of the remaining USF attractions where you could vounteer to be part of the show. USF used to have lots of shows where you could do that. Now it's really down to one (or two, if you could FFL).

Blog Entries

While you can't volunteer, they still use an audience member in the horror makeup show.

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

I rode Disaster! this weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's a vast improvement over Earthquake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12