View Poll Results: Which Jurassic Park ride is better?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal Studios Hollywood

18 75.00%
  • Islands of Adventure

6 25.00%

Juraissic Park the Ride (USH v. IOA)

I have only been to Universal Hollywood, so, is the Jurassic Park ride better at USH or IOA. Or, is one as bad as the other. I mean, half of the show effects at USH on Jurassic park, weren't working when i went last week.

Re: Juraissic Park the Ride (USH v. IOA)

I'd give USH the edge since it has a more dramatic beginning where your boat ascends a nice size hill, makes a left turn, then proceeds through the main "gate." I don't remember Florida's version having as dramatic/elaborate first few minutes. When they built the USF version, they didn't need to elevate parts of the ride, so the first lift was cut out. However, I think it adds some suspense.

I can't remember any other differences between the two, although I'm sure there are many.

• Banned User

I been on both!! (YAY!!!) and i say the better one even thought it is 1 foot shorter than florida's is Hollywoods.. it just has more going on... the car falling off the cliff... (the animatronics working.. LOL) and a few other things...

• ...or just Tonny

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    I'd give USH the edge since it has a more dramatic beginning where your boat ascends a nice size hill, makes a left turn, then proceeds through the main "gate." I don't remember Florida's version having as dramatic/elaborate first few minutes. When they built the USF version, they didn't need to elevate parts of the ride, so the first lift was cut out. However, I think it adds some suspense.

I can't remember any other differences between the two, although I'm sure there are many.
    Uh, Orlando's version also has the lift-turn-doors, right? At least it did when I was there. And the doors were more real, not half-sized like in HWood.
    I really liked the falling car in HWood, but I hated all the animatronics not working. And all the water fountain in the lagoon were pretty...pointless. I like Orlando's version better, especiall with the setting in the entire themed land and *working* animatronics.
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Uh, Orlando's version also has the lift-turn-doors, right? At least it did when I was there. And the doors were more real, not half-sized like in HWood.
    I really liked the falling car in HWood, but I hated all the animatronics not working. And all the water fountain in the lagoon were pretty...pointless. I like Orlando's version better, especiall with the setting in the entire themed land and *working* animatronics.
    both attractions have problems with things not working.. the only thing not working i noticed was the doors open in hollywoods.. thought IOA's also has that problem from time to time.. and animatronics taken on a rolling rehab and no replacements.. so suddenly your jolted off course by nnothing...

• Minion

The thing is, Hollywoods has had the same problems since the ride opened. You would think at some point they would getting around to making them work!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I've seen more things missing from Orlando's version, during my visits.

Plus, Orlando has the stupid raptor cage instead of the falling jeep...

ioa dues have the boats go up a ramp of about 8-10 feet at the beginning

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Okkay, I hated Jurrasic Park when I was younger. The ride freaked me out so bad that I started crying before we'd even gotten to the velociraptors (well I was little and it was cold and rainging and I didn't like the big scry dinosaurs).
    I rode it again at Islands of Adventure a few years later and the whole thing was different and not nearly as freaky as I remembered.
    Two weeks ago we went to USH and rode it and I can see why I was so much more distressed on that one. It could have been that half the AAs weren't working at Islands, but it might aslo be that there wasn't a huge T-rex coming at me from my right (that the part that freaked me the most).

I think I'm rambling now ;-)