Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Fear Factor LIVE to American Gladiators LIVE????

Does anybody think NBC Universal would ever think about redoing their Fear Factor LIVE theme park shows into a new American Gladiators LIVE theme park show?? How are the ratings? I only watched an episode and it was just okay. They don't even make anymore Fear Factor episodes... they stopped doing that the same year the attraction opened I think. And BTW, I never really liked the FFL.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Fear Factor LIVE to American Gladiators LIVE????

They'd probably consider it. The first episode had decent ratings.

Blog Entries

They'd have to really tone it down. I think the liability would be way too high.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    They'd probably consider it. The first episode had decent ratings.
    "decent" ratings? It was actually the highest rated show of the season of ANY network. Of course... this was before American Idol showed up so I don't know how that did.

As for the show itself, what would be best is if there was an actual Gladiator stadium where park visitors could watch an entire episode played before their very eyes... live.

The problem is, the actual show doesn't work like that. Each episode is filmed across several days and then edited together to look like it all happened within an hour.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

This would be an awesome idea! Espcially since they could use this as people's audition tapes!

That was what FFL was supposed to do!

So whomever one AG-LIVE would have an audition tape automatically sent to AG-TV...

would be some great synergy... esp in USH since the show is filmed there on their lot!

woot woot! But they could bring AG-TV to USO every now and then just take over a soundstage or two!

Oh the marketing potentials! I get all excited about this kind of idea!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• This space for rent

I'm all for anything to replace FFL. I'd really like to see the WWWWSS return though.

I love the idea of AG, but I really can't see an AG show working in the park/s, via the liability issues like kcnole said. Also unless they're already working on it, by the time they get a AG theme park show out, I think the tv show itself will be sinking/or already sunk, pretty much like FF itself was by the time FFL got here.

I still would like to see a SNL produtcion type show in the old Murder She Wrote/ Herc & Xena theater, it would be a lot cheaper to produce and staff than FFL or AG I would think.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

In all honesty you wouldn't have to change a lot with FFL to AG. And there is a ton of Liability with FFL too!

I competed once, and I had to sing a BUNCH of forms! Just think you are hanging 4 stories up,

You are hanging and tossing squids, then climbing a wall, then a suspended car.

There is a lot that could go wrong.

AG you could use a lot of the mose basic stunts and in all honesty you could probably run it cheaper than the current FFL.

Blog Entries

I just really wish they'd bring something back similar to the old stunt show they had there. That show rocked and I miss it so much.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I just really wish they'd bring something back similar to the old stunt show they had there. That show rocked and I miss it so much.
    I understand what you are saying, however FFL has a high satisfaction rating with guests.

Interactive shows is really where it is at. We will see if Disney follows suit with the rumored 'American Idol' or singing contest show at DHS.

But complete interaction is what theme parks ideally are all about. An immersive experience. So I think shows where you sit, watch, and clap are really a thing of the past, in some aspects.

When I did fear factor, I was up against people who had tried at every show to get in, and people who had come every day on their vacation a couple times and tried to get in.

So that being said, I think a current on television show like AG would do extremly well!

I don't think a conversion would be that expensive or time consuming, think of it as an overlay.

So bring it on UO! I will audtion to be an AMERICAN GLADIATOR!

That would so rock! I love American Gladiators. Though it's ironic since Disney once gave Hulk Hogan ticker tape parade.

According to TMZ, you need experiance in several fields including weapons training to be a Gladiator on the next season.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am now hoping against hope that this is on the magical drawing boards of Universal Creative, and that we can see this show very soon at the Universal Parks! woot woot!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
    That would so rock! I love American Gladiators. Though it's ironic since Disney once gave Hulk Hogan ticker tape parade.

According to TMZ, you need experiance in several fields including weapons training to be a Gladiator on the next season.
    Hulk Hogan ticker tape parade?? Do tell.

There's been some interesting news surrounding the new Gladiators. I wonder if NBCU knew that and this is all a ploy to get more viewers.

Fear Factor Live popular?? I don't know about that. They recently retooled their show script in the summer, I think for the most part, better. This is like the 3rd change. But I still see a bunch of people leave when they start with the bug smoothie.

That "show" has been there for almost 3 years, I want it kicked out. The only merchandise I was kind of interested in for Fear Factor was the chug bucket, haha. But alas, I didn't get it.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I read all about it in Eric's book, Controversy Creates Ca$H. The then head of the WCW managed to convince Disney to allow them to tape their shows there. At first Disney was very nervous. But Eric did surveys, and the response was positive so they were allowed to continue. Jesse Ventura did interviews at Epcot.

When Eric was able to convince Hulk Hogan to join the WCW, Disney was thrilled and threw a ticker tape parade!!!
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

I want FFL replaced with "Law & Order: The Show." Otherwise, it could be a "Bring It On" show. I remember the stadium used to hold cheerleader performances all the time.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I want FFL replaced with "Law & Order: The Show." Otherwise, it could be a "Bring It On" show. I remember the stadium used to hold cheerleader performances all the time.
    Are you joking about a "Law & Order show"?? I always though it would be sort of possible to theme Universal's cheerleader events as "Bring It On" or have pie eating contests themed as "American Pie" . Even though these flicks are a bit more adult, they still tie into Universal's brand.

-Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast