Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Golden State of Mind

Transformers: The Ride

Rumor! Rumor! Rumor! A Transformers ride is said to be in the works for sometime after the second movie is released. Not many details are known yet, but those of you expecting a big roller coaster may be let down. BUT Indy fans can get excited. Now its being considered a dark ride, and Disney fans know all about dark rides, but the only question is where is it going. i doubt Disney will get it. It seems to me that the obvious choice would be Universal, especially since everybody on MC knows about rides pretty much before they have even been thought of.

Here's the article with more info!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...4194&Itemid=99
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: Transformers: The Ride

I don't see this going into USF anytime soon, as they already have enough on their plate. Possibly one of the other Universal parks though.

• Banned User

That would be soo cool!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    Rumor! Rumor! Rumor! A Transformers ride is said to be in the works for sometime after the second movie is released. Not many details are known yet, but those of you expecting a big roller coaster may be let down. BUT Indy fans can get excited. Now its being considered a dark ride, and Disney fans know all about dark rides, but the only question is where is it going. i doubt Disney will get it. It seems to me that the obvious choice would be Universal, especially since everybody on MC knows about rides pretty much before they have even been thought of.

Here's the article with more info!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...4194&Itemid=99

I don't know, Disney has alot ties to Hasbro.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Golden State of Mind

Dreamworks and Universal are pretty close right? So i couldnt really see it going anywhere else. But we'll see.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

The problem with Universal is, as has been said, the Orlando resort has enough going on now that this probably wouldn't be feasible for them until after Harry Potter and Project Rumble or whatever the new coaster is are done, and Hollywood simply doesn't have the room for a new dark ride. I don't know the rights issues, but I could see Disney doing this maybe in the Hollywood Studios (the only place it would even remotely fit in).
    Personally, I hated the movie so I'm not too excited regardless; but who knows, it might make a better ride than a film.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• keh!

i'm wondering if the attraction vehicle will transform during the ride, crushing the guests within the gears. yay!

• Minion

I hated the movie, so I hope that Disney doesn't get the ride. I would hate to think of a robot peeing on a guy, an akward mastrabation joke, poor storytelling, and crappy camerawork while at a Disney park. I would be okay with Universal getting it though.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I hated the movie, so I hope that Disney doesn't get the ride. I would hate to think of a robot peeing on a guy, an akward mastrabation joke, poor storytelling, and crappy camerawork while at a Disney park. I would be okay with Universal getting it though.
    exactly. ugh, terrible movie.

^^^^ It could be exciting, you car can soar over the massive plot holes defying death and logic!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

As soon as I rode Spider-Man at Islands of Adventure, the first thing that came to mind was "wow... this ride would totally rock if it were set to Transformers!" Love the movie or not, the ride doesn't need to be done by Michael Bay!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• keh!

nothing should be done by michael bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    nothing should be done by michael bay.
    Michael Bay can direct the Walt Disney biopic.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Michael Bay can direct the Walt Disney biopic.
    Now you're talking. It could have pointless action sequences, bad one liners, gratuitously frenetic editing, shaky cam action, and...and...Nicolas Cage could play Walt Disney! Yeah, that's the ticket. He'll twitch and have a bad Graceland impostor accent, and he'll speak the end of every sentence louder than the beginning for no apparent reason, and it'll all have lots and lots of spinny camera shots!

But seriously, it wouldn't surprise me of this is just a blue sky rumor or wishful thinking on the part of Hasbro. The truth is, if Disney and Universal are too busy or uninterested to pick this up, there really is no one else who will. Maybe Six Flags could do a crappy stunt show, I guess.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Now you're talking. It could have pointless action sequences, bad one liners, gratuitously frenetic editing, shaky cam action, and...and...Nicolas Cage could play Walt Disney! Yeah, that's the ticket. He'll twitch and have a bad Graceland impostor accent, and he'll speak the end of every sentence louder than the beginning for no apparent reason, and it'll all have lots and lots of spinny camera shots!

But seriously, it wouldn't surprise me of this is just a blue sky rumor or wishful thinking on the part of Hasbro. The truth is, if Disney and Universal are too busy or uninterested to pick this up, there really is no one else who will. Maybe Six Flags could do a crappy stunt show, I guess.
    Transformers has a huge fanbase, so it would draw alot of crowds. I say get Tony Baxter on this project A.S.P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast