• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Cedar Fair, L.P. Announces Organizational Changes

SANDUSKY, OHIO, February 14, 2005 -- Cedar Fair, L.P. (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership which owns and operates seven amusement parks and five water parks, today announced several organizational changes within the Partnership, including the promotions of Jacob (Jack) Falfas to chief operating officer and Wayne Olcott to corporate vice president of accommodations.
    Jack Falfas, 53, will assume the newly created position of chief operating officer effective April 4, 2005, and will oversee operations at all of the Partnership’s parks. Falfas has been with Cedar Fair since 1976 and has served as vice president and general manager of West Coast Operations since 2000. From 1997 to 2000, he served as vice president and general manager of Knott’s Berry Farm.

Assuming Falfas’ position as vice president and general manager of West Coast Operations will be Gregg Picon, who has been with Cedar Fair since it acquired Knott’s Berry Farm in late 1997. Picon, 39, has been associated with Knott’s since 1981 and has spent the past four years as general manager of the Partnership’s Knott’s Soak City water park in Palm Springs, California.

Wayne Olcott, 56, will assume the newly created position of corporate vice president of accommodations effective April 4, 2005. He has been with Cedar Fair since 1999 and has served as vice president of accommodations at the Partnership’s flagship park, Cedar Point, since that time. In his new position, Olcott will have the additional responsibility of overseeing resort accommodations at the Partnership’s other parks.

“I am very pleased to announce the promotions of Jack Falfas, Wayne Olcott and Gregg Picon,” said Dick Kinzel, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Each has been associated with Cedar Fair for a number of years, and I know they are well prepared for the responsibilities and challenges they will face in their new roles.”

The Partnership also announced the upcoming retirements of Dan Keller, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point Resort, and Dick Collingwood, corporate vice president of administration. Keller, who has been with Cedar Fair for more than 30 years and has served as general manager of Cedar Point since 2000, is retiring effective March 11, 2005. Collingwood, who has also been with Cedar Fair for more than 30 years, will be retiring effective September 5, 2005. “I have worked closely with Dan and Dick over many years,” said Kinzel. “Their service and dedication to the company throughout their careers have been invaluable, and I wish them well in retirement.” The Partnership is currently finalizing transition plans for both positions and will make a formal announcement as to those plans in the near future.

Cedar Fair’s seven amusement parks are Cedar Point, located on Lake Erie between Cleveland and Toledo; Knott’s Berry Farm near Los Angeles in Buena Park, California; Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom near Allentown, Pennsylvania; Geauga Lake near Cleveland, Ohio; Valleyfair near Minneapolis/St. Paul; Worlds of Fun, located in Kansas City, Missouri; and Michigan’s Adventure near Muskegon, Michigan. The Partnership’s water parks are located near San Diego and in Palm Springs, California, and adjacent to Cedar Point, Knott’s Berry Farm and Worlds of Fun. Cedar Fair also owns and operates the Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark Resort in Sandusky, Ohio.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Congratulations to Jack!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2005/0...cle_410224.php

The board of the publicly traded amusement partnership created the new position of COO to oversee operations at its seven theme parks and five water parks.

"This is the chance of a lifetime," Falfas said Tuesday from his celebration dinner in Ohio. "I always said I liked my boss and that some day I'm going to be like him. The board gave me a shot at it.

"And the stock went up a buck-fifty today, so somebody thinks it's a good idea."

"My only regret is that I don't get to work day-in and day-out with the people I work with now," said Falfas, who has spent more than seven years in Buena Park. "I really love my staff. I love going to work with them. At least I'll get to see them a lot."
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Jack's going to have to get used to Sandusky winters again,BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• darkincite
    I'm sad to see Keller leave the park, he was an awesome GM to work under, and actually strove to make it a better place to work at! Let's hope the transition is smooth! My only concern is when Kinzel leaves the park AND chain in 2007, and how that will effect the company as a whole, as well as Cedar Point.

Not to sure who Jack Falfas is, and there wasn't anything about him in the company orientation, but I have my hopes up that he'll do an awesome job in his new position! Congrats!

Jack is a long time employee of Cedar Fair, his tenure dating back to before there was a Cedar Fair.I know, for he hired me for my first park job over thirty years ago. He literally started from the bottom up,from a ride host, to ride supervisor, to zone supervisor, eventually becoming the GM at CP before they transfered him to Knotts. Jack is a great guy, who really loves his work.