Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Neat Cedar Point website

• Shablagoo!

Re: Neat Cedar Point website

Thanks for the link. I like the section for the paddlewheel excursion.

• The line's too long...

In that huge park, is there is even one dark ride?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Well they do have a sort of Ghetto version of Space Mountain. haha But I love this park so much anyways.

• Shablagoo!

Nope but there are some wonderful roller coasters, carousels, water rides, some trains and classic flat rides. It's not Disney, it's an amusement park. I'd rather go to Cedar Point than California Adventure.

• Minion

Most amusement parks don't.

• Huh?

There used to be several. The last ones were imported from another park in the early 60s. When the piratey one left, they had none.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    There used to be several. The last ones were imported from another park in the early 60s. When the piratey one left, they had none.

Oh that, pirate ride was silly. Last time I was at Cedar Point, Mantis opened to the public. I spend most of my time at the point's once arch-rival, Kings Island. Too bad, Cedar Point doesn't have a dark ride like Phantom Theather or the Enchasted Voyage.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Oh that, pirate ride was silly. Last time I was at Cedar Point, Mantis opened to the public. I spend most of my time at the point's once arch-rival, Kings Island. Too bad, Cedar Point doesn't have a dark ride like Phantom Theather or the Enchasted Voyage.
    King's Island used to have Phantom Theather, but they put Scooby-doo in it's place a few years ago. I was sad to see it go.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• The line's too long...

How do they expect to attract families and not have dark rides? Flat rides you can get at any carnival for a fraction of the price, and kids today tire of the same warmed-over 'spin-in-a-circle' crap after trying a few anyway. No wonder Cedar Fair and Six Flags are seeing their stocks tank...

• Minion

How do they expect to attract families and not have dark rides? Flat rides you can get at any carnival for a fraction of the price, and kids today tire of the same warmed-over 'spin-in-a-circle' crap after trying a few anyway. No wonder Cedar Fair and Six Flags are seeing their stocks tank...
    I'm guessing you've never been to an amusement park outside of Southern California or Florida. The majority of parks in this country do not have dark rides and they still manage to attract families. As surprising as this might sound, there are people who would rather ride a roller coaster than watch singing dolls from a slow moving boat. Although not perfect, Cedar Fair has to be doing something right since combined attendance throughout their parks increased by nearly 3 million in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I'm guessing you've never been to an amusement park outside of Southern California or Florida. The majority of parks in this country do not have dark rides and they still manage to attract families. As surprising as this might sound, there are people who would rather ride a roller coaster than watch singing dolls from a slow moving boat. Although not perfect, Cedar Fair has to be doing something right since combined attendance throughout their parks increased by nearly 3 million in 2007.
    Cedar Point is the coaster capital of the world. they don't need dark rides but a Snoopy one wouldn't hurt.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    King's Island used to have Phantom Theather, but they put Scooby-doo in it's place a few years ago. I was sad to see it go.
    I know but it is a clone. I like the oringal dark rides before it plus the ride hardly works when I am there. Sometimes, the frightlights don't work or the scence will not work. Kings Island to repair this ride for the new year.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I'm not so sure about that... Kennywood has a bunch in Pennsylvania and Rye Playland in Westchester County, New York, has a few as well, including a classic Old Mill ride.
    If your park is coaster-centric then you're alienating the young and the old, and a huge chunk of the mild that doesn't do coasters, particularly ones with loops and high speed. Coasters only appeal to a very small niche of the general public, and they tend not to buy many souvenirs and other stuff in the park, unlike a Disney or Legoland park which are heavily themed for families. If building lots of coasters were the secret of success for parks then Cedar Fair and Six Flag's stocks would not be tanking. They say they now want to appeal to families yet they primarily have spin-in-a-circle puke rides with little or no theming. To not even invest in a Snoopy dark ride is evidence that they don't care about the lucrative family dollar and they'll continue to suffer financially because of it.

I'm not so sure about that... Kennywood has a bunch in Pennsylvania and Rye Playland in Westchester County, New York, has a few as well, including a classic Old Mill ride.
    If your park is coaster-centric then you're alienating the young and the old, and a huge chunk of the mild that doesn't do coasters, particularly ones with loops and high speed. Coasters only appeal to a very small niche of the general public, and they tend not to buy many souvenirs and other stuff in the park, unlike a Disney or Legoland park which are heavily themed for families. If building lots of coasters were the secret of success for parks then Cedar Fair and Six Flag's stocks would not be tanking. They say they now want to appeal to families yet they primarily have spin-in-a-circle puke rides with little or no theming. To not even invest in a Snoopy dark ride is evidence that they don't care about the lucrative family dollar and they'll continue to suffer financially because of it.
    Snoopy World should get a new dark ride next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast