• Senior Minion

Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

MASON, Ohio -- The names are changing, but the rides will remain the same.Kings Island announced new names Thursday for many of the park’s rides, to reflect its 2006 sale to Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. Many of the rides had been named for well-known films released by Paramount Studios, which had previously owned the Mason amusement park.
    Drop Zone will become Drop Tower, Top Gun will become Flight Deck, Italian Job will become Backlot Stunt Coaster, Faceoff will become Invertigo, Days of Thunder will become Thunder Alley and Tomb Raider will become the Crypt. Movie props and references will also be removed from the former Tomb Raider ride. In addition, Happy Days Diner will become Jukebox Diner and Paramount Theatre will become Kings Island Theatre. More changes are planned for the park and the names of its rides, an official said.
    I'm sorry, these are some of the dumbest names. Can't they think of anything better????
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.
    I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, I'm totally shocked they didn't rename Happy Days Diner "Coasters".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!
    Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
    That is very true. i was happy to see neither of those on the list. (even though I still have a vendetta against "Son of Beast")

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
    Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.
    Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.
    Plus it was kind of like a Disney park with the four lands, well five (lol) and central icon, the Eiffel Tower. Let see International Street, Coney Mall, Hanna-Barbera Land, Rivertown, and Wild Animal Safari. Then we got Oktoberfest, Action Zone, Nick Splat City, Waterworks. Finally Nick Universe ( formerly H-B Land & Nick Splat City) and Boomerang Bay (formerly Waterwork. A ton of celebrities work at this park Like Nick, what his name? lol married to Jessica Simpsons once and Carmen Electra. Oh the Brady Bunch and Patridge Family had TV episodes here as well.

My brother was planning on writing a book on the park but someone else is already doing one. There is alot of history and cool facts about Kings Island, what would make an interesting read.

• Pixiedust?

Wow, Flight Deck for Top Gun? I think that is officially the dumbest name I haver ever heard. I'm glad they aren't going to rename the Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, & Flight of Fear.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes