• Never give in.

Ashley goes to Great Wolf Lodge 2/8-2/9

It all began when a married couple takes two hooligans (aka me and my friend Elizabeth) on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge...

...Well, my birthday is in three days so my parents thought it would be a good idea to take me on a weekend trip to the Great Wolf Lodge.

after a 3 hour drive, we arrived.

Farther distance shot...with my mom and dad walking ahead of us... LOL

some views of the side of the entrance.

PICS OF THE LOBBY:

yea..he's mine LOL

front view of when you walk into the waterpark.

side view and some water slides

wave pool

LEAVING :

me

Elizabeth

outside on the bench.

EXTRA PIC OF MY DOG:

THE END

♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Minion

Re: Ashley goes to Great Wolf Lodge 2/8-2/9

Looks like fun! I'm glad you hooligans had a good time and kept out of trouble. (Or did you?) lol
    I want my cake back!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you for the photos. I've been curious about Great Wolf Lodge. I think there are a few of them. The pictures make it look sort of small and very crowded. What did you think of the place?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

First of all, Ashley, Thanks for sharing the photographs from your trip.

When my grandson was younger we took him to the Great Wolf Lodge that is located in the Wisconsin Dells area. The resort was perfect for my grandson when we first took him there. We have since found a new resort that we love even better called the Wilderness. It is amazing. I love the fact that their standard room has 2 queen beds, and a sofa bed. Makes it easy for Sean to invite a friend. They have now opened Glacier Canyon Lodge, and their rooms are even better. The Wilderness has a great location, and a lot of activities. Water stuff, nice restaurants.

Back to the Great Wolf. It is a nice place. However, the waterpark, at the one we were at was quite small. My grandson loved the swimming, and the game room. They only had one restaurant. Not too much other stuff to do, unless you left, and did Dells stuff, which could get pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2008 at 11:26 AM.

• World Traveler

Very cool trip report! Thanks.

• Directly directed

I'm apparently out of the loop as I've never heard of the Great Wolf Lodge but it inspired me to go and look it up. So which one did you go to? And was it everything you'd hope it would be? Thanks for sharing!

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Thank you for the photos. I've been curious about Great Wolf Lodge. I think there are a few of them. The pictures make it look sort of small and very crowded. What did you think of the place?
    Overall, I would say it was OK . The waterpark was a little on the small side but the lobby was pretty big, not saying it's huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    First of all, Ashley, Thanks for sharing the photographs from your trip.

When my grandson was younger we took him to the Great Wolf Lodge that is located in the Wisconsin Dells area. The resort was perfect for my grandson when we first took him there. We have since found a new resort that we love even better called the Wilderness. It is amazing. I love the fact that their standard room has 2 queen beds, and a sofa bed. Makes it easy for Sean to invite a friend. They have now opened Glacier Canyon Lodge, and their rooms are even better. The Wilderness has a great location, and a lot of activities. Water stuff, nice restaurants.

Back to the Great Wolf. It is a nice place. However, the waterpark, at the one we were at was quite small. My grandson loved the swimming, and the game room. They only had one restaurant. Not too much other stuff to do, unless you left, and did Dells stuff, which could get pretty expensive.
    Yeah, pretty much the same here. The waterpark was a little small and there was only one resturant and the food in it wasn't exactly what you would expect from a place like this. As far as stuff to do...eh, not much. Most of the time my friend and I were in the arcade or playing MagiQuest(EXPENSIVE) which got kind of boring after a while because we knew where everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I'm apparently out of the loop as I've never heard of the Great Wolf Lodge but it inspired me to go and look it up. So which one did you go to? And was it everything you'd hope it would be? Thanks for sharing!
    We went to the one in Williamsburg, VA since it's only about three hours away. I wouldn't say it was everything I hoped it would be. Like I said, I expected the waterpark to be bigger then it was. The food was pretty...well I would describe it as I don't know how long that food sits out there and it's not that good... Back to the waterpark, there is not much to do in terms of waterslides. A lot of it is swimming (lazy river, wave pool, kiddie pool with kiddie slides). I think there were about 3 raft slides open. The best one is definitely the Howlin Tornado. Overall, I would say if this place was graded...I would give it a B+. In my opinion of course. It's hard to tell until you check it out yourself.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Purple Crates ♥

Great report Ashley! Will have to try that place out sometime!

There is one right next to Kings Island in Ohio.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello