• Banned User

Dallas/Fort Worth cheerleading trip

Here's part one of the trip, the adventure from Memphis to Dallas/Fort Worth. We got hit with a light snowstorm on the way and terrible DFW drivers. Here's some pictures of our trip.

If you're ever in the DFW area up around Matlock Road, I highly suggest eating at Mercardo Juarez. Great Mexican food at a reasonable price.

I know the snow might be light for you guys but driving in it was terrible for me. I only hit a slick spot once, outside of Little Rock. I am deathly afraid of driving in snow and ice, but God guided us through it. We made it here in a little over 8 hours, with 2 gas stops, 2 food stops and 2 restroom breaks, not bad considering the weather.

Anyways, that's it for the trip here, I'll put up more pictures after the competition in done and we're home on Monday. This is her last one for the season so we're hoping for the best.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth cheerleading trip

Good Luck in the competition!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

I can sum up this trip in 2 small parts. 1)Tons of mexicans and 2)slow/terrible drivers.

Hope nobody is offended by the mexican statement, as I am half mexican, but it's really no fun trying to get directions when you're lost and they don't speak English well enough for me to understand. I finally found a white couple that was from Dallas and 15 minutes later we were back at our hotel.

I hate the layout of the highways here and the people here drive so slowly. They would be eaten alive by Memphis drivers.

So far we're in 5th place out of 6 teams but there's only half a point difference between all 6 teams so it's extremely close. Plus we're working with a routine that is only a month old, so it's cool.

• Senior Minion

I'll be in the DFW area on Thursday, but have gone often enough to have experienced their driving. Last time my friend remarked how fast we arrived at a campsite, and I told him I was doing 90 all the way there - he said I was lucky to not be pulled over.

I really enjoyed seeing these pictures, makes me wish I was already there.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

You were right up the road from me. I was kind of impressed with how everyone was driving on Thursday, actually. Much better than normal when we have any sort of weather, including rain.

Anyway, I hope the rest of the competition went well!

Now I want Mercado Juarez. I could go there and just eat tortillas with butter on them. Mmmm!
    Last edited by All Aglow; 03-09-2008 at 05:39 PM.

• Banned User

Yeah, I was pretty much doing about 90 the whole way home, with the exception of when I had to do 70 40 miles til Texarkana because a state pooper was shooting ahead and waiting for speeders. We made it back in 8.5 hours, pretty good for having 2 food stops, 2 gas stops and 4 bathroom stops. I drank 4 of those big Rockstar energy drinks, so that helped.

• Banned User