• The line's too long...

Legoland Land of Adventure TR 3/11

Went on 3/11 to Legoland to check out the new Land of Adventure. My guess that the park would not be crowded on a Tuesday turned out to be true; I think because the park is usually closed on Tuesday and many people are accustomed to not going on a Tuesday.
    In any case, we arrived at about 11AM (I can never make the 10AM opening, it's just too early, wish the park opened at 11 and closed at 6) and headed straight for the Land of Adventure. First the theming is excellent, just a terrific job. The Lego camel and rider were fantastic. It was uncrowded so we immediately went on the new Lost Kingdom dark ride which only had four people on line before us. At that time it was so uncrowded we went on Lost Kingdom twice since there was no line when we were supposed to get off. I've been on Ghostblasters at Castle Park and knew that Lost Kingdom was by the same company, Sally Corp., so I had an idea what to expect. It is a fun dark ride where the riders shoot the targets to make stuff happen. I was so busy shooting the first time that I didn't bother to follow the story. The scenes were well done, especially the final treasure room scene, but there were no spectacular money rooms that give one a sense of awe a la Disney style. The floor track could have been plussed up as it's just one uniform color. A floor design would have made the ride more immersive. The spike wall that comes toward the cars was a disappointment as it barely moved toward the vehicle, there was no sense of danger even from a kiddie perspective. Despite these shortcomings the ride was fun and I'm always happy to see a good, new dark ride with a unique theme so Lost Kingdom certainly gets a thumbs up!
    Next, we headed to the Beetle Bounce, a kiddie bounce ride that one would see at many amusement parks. The theming makes this one better with a nice view of the land from the top of the ride. My kids had a lot of fun on it and went on it about seven times so a big thumbs up for the Beetle Bounce from those who count most to Legoland, the kids.
    Then we headed over to Cargo Ace, and we had another winner on our hands. I was worried this one would be too much like Flight Squardron (which looks and sounds like it's on its last mechanical legs), but it was much better. The theming was cute and the planes fly straight until they take a wide turn at the corners. The kids liked this one a lot.
    Finally we headed over to Pharoah's Revenge, which was a very interesting play area. There are two levels with the top having air guns that shoot foam balls at the bottom area where hapless parents and kids try to dodge the balls. There are also some machines on the bottom that can be loaded with foam balls to shoot up into the air. It's a unique setup that I've never seen before. My four year old did not like it because he is very sensitive to loud noises, and the air guns made loud popping sounds. My two year had no problem with the sound and enjoyed playing on the bottom of the structure even if he was getting bombarded with foam balls from above. It was a cool play structure even though I wish it were less noisy.
    There's supposed to be one more addition, called Thunder's Quest to be added as a pay extra attraction for the summer but I didn't see any sign of its construction yet.
    In all, the Land of Adventure was a very fun addition to the park that we'll be visiting again. With Pirate Shores a couple years ago, the park has really come a long way the past few years and if you haven't checked it out in a while and you have a young family, then you should.
    The rest of the day was a typically fun day at Legoland. For the first time, my family won a round at the Funtown Fire Academy. That's a great ride that I wish Legoland would make more of... kind of like a challenge on Survivor.
    I had a bizarre incident at Fool Scoops, the Dreyer's ice cream shop in Castle Hill. We usually get a milk shake there but was told that they were not allowed to make milk shakes today by the management but sundaes and other menu items were fine. I had to check my calendar to see if it were April Fool's in Fool Scoops. But the guy behind the counter seemed serious... that was just weird....
    The Fun Town Market was, as usual, not serving their incredibly delicious churros with chocolate sauce because it was a weekday... I don't understand why the park has this amazing food item that they will only serve on weekends. In all the park has great food, much better than Disneyland.
    Looking forward to the Sea Life aquarium in the summer, and hopefully the next big project at Legoland will be a family water park, they'd make a ton of money with that one.
    But to recap the main point: the new addition to Legoland, the Land of Adventure, gets a big thumbs up for fun! The park keeps heading in the right direction so it's no wonder its attendance rate is fast rising.

Blog Entries

Re: Legoland Land of Adventure TR 3/11

If they make a water park I just hope they don't make the slides out of legos. That could hurt sliding down. Ok, awful joke.

If you go again can you get pictures of the new area and ride. I'm really interested to see how this turned out.

• The line's too long...

I'll probably be going again next week and will take pics to post if no one else has by then.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    If they make a water park I just hope they don't make the slides out of legos. That could hurt sliding down. Ok, awful joke.
    They may be making a water park area - other than the Pirate area. A while back on the LL site I took a survey on what I thought about water parks. This was after the Pirate area opened up and they saw how big of a hit it was.