• Senior Minion

Thumbs up Hyatt Place - Arlington, Texas

If you ever get the urge to visit Six Flags in Texas, and want to stay nearby the Hyatt Place in Arlington is very nice! It is close enough to the park where you can walk to the park (and skip the $15 parking), or use the trolley service. There are also various restaurants in the area to eat at as well (Denny's, Humperdink's, Steak and Ale, Jack In The Box).

They offer the usual continental breakfast, and there is also fruit available in the lobby during the day - during my stay there were lots of green, yummy apples. It also has a very casual check in counter, fitness center (treadmills and bikes only), pool (no lifegaurd on duty though), and best of all ... free wireless in EVERY room!!! Also, if you need extra ports there is a port "heaven" on the side of where the TV is located so you can plug in video game consoles, or your laptop as well.

Best of all, it is just a few minutes drive from the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport so you can relax soon after your flight!

My favorite part of the room was this 42" HDTV with a swivel base - so you can relax on the full size couch with rolling foot rest (which I see I didn't take a pic of) or your comfy king size bed.

Here is the view from the bed, where you can also see the vanity. The alcove to the left, and behind the TV area is the closet. While rather small I wasn't there for long so I didn't have much clothes. But, there is an extra blanket, full size ironing board, and iron in there as well. Oh, and I ended up bringing my own hair dryer, but there was a very nice full size hair dryer in one of the vanity drawers too!

Here you can see the view upon entering the room. I really liked the half wall that seperated the seating area from the bed. Plus, you can see the port "heaven" I was talking about previously ... along with an edge of the very comfy sofa. Oh, and notice yet another extra blanket tucked in the end table too.

Towards the left of the entrance is a little wet bar and desk area (which is handy right next to the port "heaven"). I loved having the fridge to store my snacks so I didn't have to keep buying food all the time.

Here is the bathroom, which I felt was a pretty good size and stocked with plenty of nice large towels. The water pressure was great as well.

Finally the bed! It was very comfy with plenty of pillows - just the way I like it!

I was on the third floor, and this was the wonderful view from my room. In the lower left you can see a small body of water where you can walk around for some exercise outside. Plus, as you can see Six Flags isn't that far from this location - and there is no outside noise heard inside the room I was in either.

Overall I loved the Hyatt Place, Arlington. The staff was friendly and answered any questions I had - always ready to help out. I also enjoyed the casual atmosphere of the check-in counter as well. I've checked out the Hyatt Place site and it seems most of their hotels are along the same line, but being that I stayed at this one I'm looking forward to staying there again soon!
    Last edited by TikiRoomLiz; 03-18-2008 at 09:43 PM.

• Goofy

Re: Hyatt Place, Arlington

Nice pictures liz. Im glad you had a great time. the view to six flags looks very nice. Thank you tikiroom liz for sharing.

I can see why you want to go back there again.

• Circle of Ancients

Beautiful Hotel and I loved your view. Was there anything good in the bar section?

Nice pictures Liz.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Hyatt Place - Arlington, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Finally the bed! It was very comfy with plenty of pillows - just the way I like it!

Hey Liz, is that thing on the left side dresser where you put your quarter into?

I kid, I kid...

• love my friends

Loved it Liz.. so glaD YOU had a great time

Friends for life

•   
    • Kerplookee

Was the bed bouncy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks Liz. We've been thinking of making another trip to TX to do Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World and of course Schlitterbahn again. This hotel will be on our list to be sure.