Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Dive Into the Vibe - Aquatica Video Footage

Hope that you enjoy these videos of SeaWorld's Aquatica and it's rides. Only two weeks sinse it's splashy debut, the park is swimming in popularity. Albeit, this is more of a family park than a thrill park. The colorful blend of scenic landscapes, innovative rides and wildlife is a stellar spectacle.

Rhythmic Overview of Sldes, Other Aquatic Arreactions, Ocean Animals, and Exotic Birds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=ZFZoLASIy0A

A Second Look At An Overview of the Aquatica
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=kZ57YAia53c

Bowling (water slide style) Into A Tube-tacular Tunnel of Fishies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=QJK8l1fx86U

Aquatica's Beauties - Cormorant Dolphins Swimming In Their Reef Lagoon and Around the Underwater Tube Section of a the Waterslide Signature Attraction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=-Y6fbp1SNcA

Finale
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=IEIUPMSFilM

In response to Kevin Yee's question as to whether Aquatica will "sink or swim" as a viable park, I say it is starting off quite nicely. I can't wait to visit! Give it time, and SeaWorld's newest, wettest land adventure will breakaway into unchartered thrills and adventures. Give the park a chance, and watch it not only live up to it's initial hype - but propel itself fathoms beyond!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Dive Into the Vibe - Aquatica Video Footage

So, have you been to Aqautica since it opened? The buzz around town is lukewarm at best. I have skipped visiting so far because of the negative reviews I have heard. Apparently, the artwork for the park did not represent the finished product as well. My friend who went was not impressed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally I loved it! I was able to go with a group of friends, and it was a blast! Even though it was cold we were running from slide to slide, just having a blast!

Come summer time it will be pretty awesome laying on the white sand beach, and waving for a drink boy to come over and give me a nice adult beverage!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Cool.

I happened to be driving by that area yesterday and the parking lot seemed packed and you could see long lines for the slides from the road. I sure hope this is becoming a popular and succesful venue to the folks at Sea World. Will have to check it out soon.

Blog Entries

After reading Kevin's reviews of the water parks I realized what it was I didn't like about the park. Yes, the foliage is not nearly as dense as the concept art showed, but that will grow in. What's really been bothering me are the plain stairs and slides. What I love about the Disney parks is how well the slides and stairs are themed to be part of the environment. Thats what was bothering me all along. There's nothing they can do to change that, and truthfully it probably doesn't matter to enough people for them to have spent the major money to have done it, but that's the thing that bothers me in all the pictures. I love the immersiveness of the Disney parks, thats the one thing you miss in the aquatica pictures, the immersiveness of being in another environment.

Although I will say that I'm sure once you get there and get involved in just having fun that it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal.

I think it looks awesome...It is defo on our list of things to do when we get there

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    So, have you been to Aqautica since it opened? The buzz around town is lukewarm at best. I have skipped visiting so far because of the negative reviews I have heard. Apparently, the artwork for the park did not represent the finished product as well. My friend who went was not impressed.
    Like other parks that are outside of California (where I reside), I plan to make a major sweep of them next year. Normally, I agree with and thoroughly enjoy Kevin's reports. I honestly think that he became tired of giving positive reviews - and Aquatica is his sacraficial dolphin (or lamb as you may) for appearing to look more objective or balanced.

Judging by the current photos and video footage, the park looks like it offers some exciting rides, and intriguing interactive sea life and exotic birds.

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    Personally I loved it! I was able to go with a group of friends, and it was a blast! Even though it was cold we were running from slide to slide, just having a blast!

Come summer time it will be pretty awesome laying on the white sand beach, and waving for a drink boy to come over and give me a nice adult beverage!
    I can't wait, Eric!

Cool.

I happened to be driving by that area yesterday and the parking lot seemed packed and you could see long lines for the slides from the road. I sure hope this is becoming a popular and succesful venue to the folks at Sea World. Will have to check it out soon.
    As I'm crazy about water parks, Aquatica and the Disney represent heaven to me! Glad that it's popular, and that you're gonna check it out, TDLFAN. Will be anxious to hear your opinion of it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    After reading Kevin's reviews of the water parks I realized what it was I didn't like about the park. Yes, the foliage is not nearly as dense as the concept art showed, but that will grow in. What's really been bothering me are the plain stairs and slides. What I love about the Disney parks is how well the slides and stairs are themed to be part of the environment. Thats what was bothering me all along. There's nothing they can do to change that, and truthfully it probably doesn't matter to enough people for them to have spent the major money to have done it, but that's the thing that bothers me in all the pictures. I love the immersiveness of the Disney parks, thats the one thing you miss in the aquatica pictures, the immersiveness of being in another environment.

Although I will say that I'm sure once you get there and get involved in just having fun that it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal.
    Slide wise, I'm glad that Aquatica has a different look than Disney waterparks. As for the foliage, you are correct in your assetion that the flora will grow in and become as dense as it appeared in the concept artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by tracestar View Post
    I think it looks awesome...It is defo on our list of things to do when we get there
    The tubular Dolphin slide is going to be out of this world, tracestar!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Like other parks that are outside of California (where I reside), I plan to make a major sweep of them next year.
    Oh good! The MK sure needs some sweeping and upkeeping lately.

Normally, I agree with and thoroughly enjoy Kevin's reports. I honestly think that he became tired of giving positive reviews - and Aquatica is his sacraficial dolphin (or lamb as you may) for appearing to look more objective or balanced.
    I am not talking about Kevin's report. The many people I know who have been there tell me not to make a special trip there. Maybe because they know I hold these very expensive parks to a high degree of quality that only the international Disney parks uphold?

Judging by the current photos and video footage, the park looks like it offers some exciting rides, and intriguing interactive sea life and exotic birds.
    No doubt. I always wanted to be flushed down a toilet bowl in a tube. HA![/quote]

The tubular Dolphin slide is going to be out of this world, tracestar!
    That particular ride seems to be the most disappointing one, based on the consensus of most people who ride it. They want to see dolphins while in the tube, but the actual experience does not match the expectations. I think that Atlantis in Nassau did this much better, where guests actually float slowly thru an acrylic tube underwater and can appreciate the sea creatures at a better pace.

Blog Entries

That particular ride seems to be the most disappointing one, based on the consensus of most people who ride it. They want to see dolphins while in the tube, but the actual experience does not match the expectations. I think that Atlantis in Nassau did this much better, where guests actually float slowly thru an acrylic tube underwater and can appreciate the sea creatures at a better pace.
    Now there's a water park I desperately want to visit one day. Oh to be rich and able to afford places like that.

I agree about the dolphin slide, it sounded so great in concept but it just fails in execution. You're going so fast, there's so much water flying in your face, and the transition from dark to bright so abrupt that you don't see anything except for bright light as you go through the dolphin section. As a slide, its supposedly the weakest for fun as well. The dolphins are beautiful, but that slide completely underdelivers and I don't know if there's anything Aquatica can do to fix it.

• Banned User

Now there's a water park I desperately want to visit one day. Oh to be rich and able to afford places like that.
    I did the Atlantis resort as a side tour during my Disney Cruise Line trip. It was an inexpensive visit. Now... TDR_Fan has probably stayed in the Poseidon Suite since he is the millionaire kid in this board..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I agree about the dolphin slide, it sounded so great in concept but it just fails in execution. You're going so fast, there's so much water flying in your face, and the transition from dark to bright so abrupt that you don't see anything except for bright light as you go through the dolphin section. As a slide, its supposedly the weakest for fun as well. The dolphins are beautiful, but that slide completely underdelivers and I don't know if there's anything Aquatica can do to fix it.
    The Dolphin slide is a bit jarring, and the first time you ride you won't see a thing, but that is the reason you ride this 3 or more times. As you get used to the dark to light transition, you figure our how to hold your head and where to look.

I do agree that the slide should have been build differently so that you could naturally ssee and observe the dolphins, but alas it is what it is, and once you get used to it, it ROCKS!

• Banned User

That sounds like a lot of trouble. They messed up. They need to fix and improve. Being "what it is" is not enough.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

That sounds like a lot of trouble. They messed up. They need to fix and improve. Being "what it is" is not enough.
    I think this will be one of the first things to get improved (as they do listen to guest feedback and it has been consistent so far). But I would not expect anything for a year or two.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oh good! The MK sure needs some sweeping and upkeeping lately..
    One sweeping and upkeeping kinda dude at your service!

I am not talking about Kevin's report. The many people I know who have been there tell me not to make a special trip there. Maybe because they know I hold these very expensive parks to a high degree of quality that only the international Disney parks uphold?.
    You're even listed in High Standards and Poor's dictionary.

No doubt. I always wanted to be flushed down a toilet bowl in a tube. HA!
    Half the fun is knowing that a sewer and seagals are waiting for you at the other end.

The ocean critter slides at Aquatica and Atlantis both sound fun, for two separate and distinct reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast