• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool SFDK-New locker policy-a few pics

Crossed the bridge to 6 Flags Marine Kingdom Discovery World in Vallejo, and a noticeable change is no loose items being allowed on the platforms for Roar, Kong or Medusa. There is someone stationed at the entries, apparently to keep these items out, and send people to the new $1 lockers. My observation on Medusa was that the platform storage boxes are still there, and it didn't seem to be a problem leaving hats or sandals; in fact, I saw someone hand a worker their hat. However, when some girls left their bags in the back by the exit to the platform, the restraints were opened, it was "off the train" and they had to remove them to either the lockers or a non-rider.

I'm not too interested in the rides here beyond the coasters, but if you spend some time with the animals, you usually see one or 2 cool things. In our case, it was at the tiger enclosure. Two were lounging in back with a trainer nearby. One was pacing along the front, mostly on one side where another trainer was talking with the people looking, there were only a few of us; it was between shows. Suddenly the white tiger got up, with purpose, went to the pacer and they were rearing up with growls and swats. The trainers convinced them to stop right away, no chance to get out the camera it was so quick, but one couldn't help but think of the SF zoo, and make a check of the fence height.

There's a big saw fish in the shark tank that's almost always lying waaaaaay in back hard to see, but he was right by the glass. The flash makes him look like something Capt. Nemo would command.

There were some butterflies that didn't look specifically familiar; seemed to be more than in the past. This type they've had a while.

We missed the giraffe feeding time, the best value of all the various animal feeding options IMHO since you can do it for a long time, but we did see them enjoying a vegie-sicle.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Lackey

Re: SFDK-New locker policy-a few pics

Great shots!

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Minion

I love the Giraffe pic!
    I want my cake back!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Tiger kitty wanted to play!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    Crossed the bridge to 6 Flags Marine Kingdom Discovery World in Vallejo, and a noticeable change is no loose items being allowed on the platforms for Roar, Kong or Medusa. There is someone stationed at the entries, apparently to keep these items out, and send people to the new $1 lockers. My observation on Medusa was that the platform storage boxes are still there, and it didn't seem to be a problem leaving hats or sandals; in fact, I saw someone hand a worker their hat. However, when some girls left their bags in the back by the exit to the platform, the restraints were opened, it was "off the train" and they had to remove them to either the lockers or a non-rider.
    This became Six Flags policy last year. It was relaxed towards the end of the 2007 season, but apparently has come back with a vengeance this year. Nice to see Six Flags enforce rules, but this may be a bit much. At least they did away with the No Re-Entry policy.