• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Huge plans for old Wax Museum/Knotts berry farm areas

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...city-developer
    never seen universal city walk ,but DTD makes me get a small feeling of how this will be.plus a TV station too?
    All I know is with all this might being built, it will cause alot more traffic,given the 3 dinner theaters,2 museums and 2 theme parks and small vintage shops that still reside there

Re: Huge plans for old Wax Museum/Knotts berry farm areas

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...city-developer
    never seen universal city walk ,but DTD makes me get a small feeling of how this will be.plus a TV station too?
    All I know is with all this might being built, it will cause alot more traffic,given the 3 dinner theaters,2 museums and 2 theme parks and small vintage shops that still reside there
    Hi DisneyFan28,

For some reason each time I click on the link to read the article, it quickly says there's an error. Any chance you can copy and past the article so I (and maybe others) can read it?

Or heck, maybe I'm the only one who can't get into the OC Register.

Thanks a bunch!

Patrick

•   
    • I <3 o

it works for me

here patrick
    Big plans ahead for old Movieland Wax Museum site

Buena Park to begin exclusive negotiations with television studio that will include an entertainment complex.

By SERENA MARIA DANIELS
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
    Comments 10| Recommend 13

BUENA PARK – The city is in negotiations with a developer that intends to build a television station and entertainment complex in place of the old Movieland Wax Museum, a space that has been vacant for years.
    The city is expected to go into a 120-day agreement with ZCity Buena Park Real Estate of San Juan Capistrano in the next month to negotiate exclusively with the developer.
    As part of the agreement, ZCity would make a $100,000 deposit on the property, and, if negotiations are successful, eventually pay no less than $8.85 million to a city agency for the property, according to a city staff report.

ZCity representatives referred questions to a New York City-based public relations firm, which did not immediately return phone calls.
    The developer has submitted artist renderings of the proposed entertainment complex to the city.
    "I got to see them in color, and it was exciting," Councilman Art Brown said.
    The entertainment venue – expected to make over part of the city's E-Zone or Entertainment Zone on Beach Boulevard - would be at least 48,000 square feet.
    It would have the look and feel of Universal Studio's City Walk or Downtown Disney, complete with the studio facilities, retail and restaurant space, and a full-service, sit-down restaurant similar to a Cheesecake Factory, according to city documents.
    The Movieland lot has remained vacant since 2005, when the 60,000-square-foot museum closed for poor attendance.
    Now, a Starbucks and Po Folks Restaurant remain. If negotiations are successful, those leases could be bought out, city records say.
    In January 2007, after plans to build a Best Buy and fast-food restaurants fell through, the city's Redevelopment Agency made an $8.6 million purchase to control development on the lot.
    "We're hoping to get something there to kick off the whole redevelopment of that whole street," Mayor Jim Dow said.
    If the entertainment complex is a go, construction could begin as early as October and be complete by July 2009, city records say.
    The city and ZCity are expected to agree to a confidentiality agreement, to prevent details from being leaked until negotiations are complete.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Circle of Ancients

It's not really close enough to Knott's to be considered part of it. There is a strip mall, McD's an Outback and I believe a Claim Jumper in between Knott's and that. Plus you have to cross Beach to get there.

Now if they could somehow incorporate all of that into this plan, they may have something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    it works for me

here patrick
    Thanks, Adelade!!

It sounds like a great idea and something Buena Park could use! Let's cross our fingers and hope it actually goes through!

But keep Po Folks there, dammit!!

Wow everyones doing the Citywalk thing these days, guess they just want to copy Universal

I mean DLR kinda has it on both sides (DTD and GardenWalk), I almost wonder how much upscale shopping can California take?

I wonder which style they'll go for, the article says Citywalk or DTD and they're both pretty different, Citywalk feels more grand and kinda trendy? DTD is more laid back and kinda parkish

to me i think Citywalk is a bit more impressive for size and because it's got two stories

but all in all I got to wonder if Knotts can really support this kinda thing? (I mean it is the draw right? go to Knotts stay for some shopping? even if Knotts doesn't really own it)

Since I don't get much chance much, can I take this opportunity to say how much I'm still pissed that they closed MWM. I loved how so much of it was the same from when I was a boy, and how much history it had (I know that was also a problem).

Nothing they do can replace what they lost. Ahhhhhhh ppssssstttt