Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ..but you can call me Pam

Re: A Less Than Happy Trip To Knott's Berry Farm

What is the price of a one day ticket to Knott's?

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by 071755 View Post
    What is the price of a one day ticket to Knott's?
    According to the Knott's website.

Adults $43.00 or $29.99 with any Pepsi product

Kids: $19.99
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

When I was little (a million years ago) my DD used to pick me and sis up for our Sat. visitation time. He lived rather far away so we couldn't go to his house very often. Sometimes he took us to KBF. We used to park across Beach in a dirt parking lot that had chickens running around in it! Then there was a underground tunnel that you would walk through and come up the other side of Beach. Is that still there? Sometimes we would just wander around out front. There were a lot of shops and of course the chicken restaurant. I also remember watching them make their own candy. You went down a row of outside windows that ran along down their assembly line. I don't think that I want to go back again. It sounds like I would be very dissapointed.
    Last edited by 7.17.55; 05-24-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Doy

• Circle of Ancients

You can get a coupon at Burger King right now that will give you an adult ticket for $29.99.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Hey Jon, former haunt monster here. I miss chasing people in the dark and Moutain Dew mixed with boysenberry punch with a pixie stix spike for the night. Awww good times.

Really when it comes to Knott's I go twice a year and that's only for Haunt.

As for all the food options, boysenberry punch and boysenberry turnover only matter to me. I can get these at the Market Place..Yes I'm an addict.

I also miss really Bear-y Tales and the Soap Box Racers.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I haven't been to Knott's since 1985 and it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.
    My last trip was almost as long ago. I think I went to the Haunt in 1992 or 1993. Never since.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by 071755 View Post
    We used to park across Harbor in a dirt parking lot that had chickens running around in it! Then there was a underground tunnel that you would walk through and come up the other side of Harbor. Is that still there?
    Yep, the tunnel is still there, but it's Beach Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_A_Mortis View Post

As for all the food options, boysenberry punch and boysenberry turnover only matter to me. I can get these at the Market Place..Yes I'm an addict.

I also miss really Bear-y Tales and the Soap Box Racers.
    Don't forget the Boysenberry sherbet at the ice cream place (also outside the park)
    I miss those and Kingdom of the Dinosaurs and Henry's Auto Livery that used to be on the corner of Beach and Crescent. Cars that weren't on a track but had rails on the outside of the track to keep you in.
    Mike

• Goofy

I feel so sad for knotts. I hope one day things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Yep, the tunnel is still there, but it's Beach Blvd.

I knew that!! Thanks!

• Top Chef

For Christmas of 2006 I asked for a Knotts Pass for my husband and I from my parents because I had missed going. When I was young, I would go all the time. When they got rid of soap box racers (my favorite ride) I stopped going. Well For Christmas we got our passes, and we got them a week before Christmas so we could enjoy the Christmas decor. Christmas decor? OMG it was pathetic. It was then I found out Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was gone, and they had turned it into a laser tag thing that you had to pay for. Not only that, but they also had another ride where the haunted shack use to be, that again you had to pay to get on. I was kinda ticked off when I saw that because I thought, I paid to get in, now I have to pay to play too?! We didn't go back until Oct 2007 to check out the Halloween Haunt decorations which again were pathetic compared to early years. I went one last time in Dec 2007 to see Christmas and left 1 hour later to go to Disneyland and get in the holiday spirit. So 3 visits the whole time I had my pass, and each time the park was DEAD. It was truly sad. Knott's never had magic like Disney, but they had their own kind, and it was all gone. My fun days as a kid there...no more. I could really care less about ever going again.

working there for almost 20 years...i really could never be that bad on knotts.....i was happy cedar fair took over because the knotts family wouldnt have maintain that park very long if they did.... i always said in the late 80s this park needs to drop the family atmosphere and go with coasters

unfortunately tho they did drop the ball on certain things

one reason they do the loading like that is that they run two trains, there isnt a line and then the ride looks unpopular or u have to deal with guests who wanna ride again cause they dont see a line and once someone comes up, u have to get them off the ride so that the new people cane ride and arguments rise

the location of the new coaster wasnt a great place to put it and it also messed up loading in of sets to the theater because of it...and with knowledge of the speed of the ride, the inside words of certain ride developers there, and the video, this ride is just as exciting as jaguar....maybe my mind will change when i ride it but most likely it wont

i think the ebay thing for charities is a great thing they are doin

yes u may wait 30 min for a ride but u should still be able to do the whole park in 4-5 hrs which does fit between the 10a-6pm park times (which have always been that way on weekdays even fri since i can remember which is 1988)

i do wish the food was better...its been downhill for a while now...they have to get outside vendors now for the food to pick up

i heard they are bringing all wheels extreme back this summer at calico square which is a very smart thing to do. im sure ill visit knotts soon to see old friends and see how the park is doin

btw...the one who said they will buy an AP for haunt..u cant use ur AP for haunt..its a special event and u have to buy a ticket for that
    Snootch to the Nooch!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12