Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Candidate

My ride on X2 (And the 1 1/2 hours I spent waiting for it to be fixed)

My ex got the little drummers passes for the preview of X2 yesterday and asked me to take them. After battling to get out of work early and braving two hours of Memorial Day traffic we arrived at the park and saw mostly empty trains cycling. Jessie caught sight of the fire effects and immediately jumped into overload mode.

We got a good spot and the tram was waiting at the stop. So far, so good. Check in for the special wristband went well. We were on our way. Walked up to the station and there was only a one cycle wait for the front row. This was going to be awesome!

The first sign of trouble was the fact that even though there was a train in the station, it wasn't being loaded. The next sign quickly came when one of the operators donned a safety vest and headed for the tracks. About 15 minutes later, the second (and fully loaded) train pulled into the station. At that point I knew it was going to be a while.

There was a flurry of activity, but nothing was ever said to the growing number of people on line. Suddenly, the trains on-board sound system came on, so we got to hear the entire audio. Interesting mix of music that included Frank Sinatra, Metallica, The Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine. As the wait lingered on, people left and we were now next in line. Empty trains cycled for a while, but occasionally one would get stuck on the lift hill. Finally, the air gates opened and we were loaded on.

It took a while, but eventually they got everyone checked and the seats tilted back. Then forward again. The back again. Then forward. The restraints released and they told us we'd have to get back in line.

A maintenance guy took apart one of the seats while another one checked something else and then walked away with a puzzled look on his face. The first guy finished and the seats tilted again. Then they came forward. Then back again. A few more cycles with empty trains. Then the sound system came on again, but this time it was a really weird voice that kept asking "are you in yet, the ceremony is about to begin." There was a female voice that kept on repeating X 2.

A few more empty cycles.

They finally loaded us on as the haunting voices continued. The seats tilted back and...

• The Candidate

Re: My ride on X2 (And the 1 1/2 hours I spent waiting for it to be fixed)

How was that for suspense? I'm in an Indiana Jones kind of mood! Anyway, back to the story...

We started to roll. A loud bell rang and the Frank Sinatra started, followed by a few more weird noises as we hit the lift hill to Enter Sandman. I realized at this point that it was my first time riding X since my laser surgery. What a view!

The dip after the lift was accompanied by a few more strange noises and then "Going Down" from Areosmith's Love In An Elevator. Facing straight down I was again reminded that I now have 20/20 vision. That is a long way down!

For most of the ride the song is Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. I felt the fire effect before seeing it and it was really intense. The fog effect was a little weak as it wasn't very thick. Seeing it later from Viper, it also has lights at night and looked a lot cooler. As you enter the station, the band changes to Rage Against the Machine, which was accompanied by a lot of fist pumping. Another weird voice came on and then you are released.

We were going to go on again, but they were only using one train for passengers. The second train always cycled empty. And then it broke down again. Wasn't the whole purpose of changing to X2 to decrease downtime?

The park was very empty and we quickly got on Viper, Deja Vu, The Riddler, Batman, Scream and Goliath (twice) in our remaining two hours at the park. All were walk ons. As we left, we passed a few people arriving for the camp out. Then as we pulled on to the freeway it started raining. I hope that at least the problems are fixed for those campers. I'd hate to think that they were sleeping in the rain for nothing!
    Last edited by DifrntDrmr; 05-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

Awesome! I really want to go ride X2. But I do agree with the fog being weak. I saw a video of it, and it just looked like someone was just doing one little squirt of a mist bottle or something.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• Goofy

is the ride scary?

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    is the ride scary?
    The actual ride is no different from the original X. To me the scariest part is when you are facing straight down, which is very similar to Tatsu. Otherwise, the thrill factor is no different than any other looping coaster.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just watched TPR's video of it and... I'd probably pee my pants on that coaster. But I still want to ride it!

• Goofy

thanks for information. how much are the prices to six flags? thanks for the information different dreamer.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr View Post
    I hope that at least the problems are fixed for those campers. I'd hate to think that they were sleeping in the rain for nothing!
    In no way did we sleep in the rain for nothing. The whole event was awesome! We had 90 minutes of ERT at night, and we had about 20 minutes of ERT before the GP was allowed to ride. The event participants were able to use their wristbands as an unlimited FlashPass all day long. It was awesome!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I just watched TPR's video of it and... I'd probably pee my pants on that coaster. But I still want to ride it!
    Remind me not to be seated behind you.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    thanks for information. how much are the prices to six flags? thanks for the information different dreamer.
    http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountai...ets/index.aspx

• Circle of Ancients

Was it smoother with the new trains? That was the biggest issue with the old trains.

• The Candidate

I thought it was smooth, but I had an inside seat and I hear that those were better to begin with.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I rode it last night and it was awesome!! what was the difference between X and X2??

• Circle of Ancients

Updates on X2:

New Trains
    New Sound on Trains
    New Paint Job
    New Fire Effects
    New Fog Effects
    New Signage

The ride portion is the same, but is supposed to be MUCH smoother with much higher capacity and reliability.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Updates on X2:

New Trains
    New Sound on Trains
    New Paint Job
    New Fire Effects
    New Fog Effects
    New Signage

The ride portion is the same, but is supposed to be MUCH smoother with much higher capacity and reliability.
    I believe the higher capacity is based on the reliability and the fact that they should have more than one train running at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast