Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

The Clinkerbelle's ride the new Simpsons Ride (Pictures and other USH stuff)

I was a big fan of Back to the Future, but over the past few years it wasn't as great. I am also a HUGE fan of the Simpsons so was very much looking forward to the ride.

The Good:

The Queue is very well done. It's still mostly outside, mostly switch-backs but they have TV screens that show the Simpsons (with some new animation for the ride) and ride signs for other "Krustyland" attractions.

The inside queue when you get lined up in your groups is also well done. They have some animations with characters like Apu, Patty and Selma, Groundskeeper Willy, etc. The pre-ride video is also well done.

The ride is very fun. There are nods to back to the future (more than one) and some Disney bashing, but not as much as I would have thought.

The Bad:

I have to admit, there was more bad than I thought there would be.

The queue part just before you go into the building. If you remember the Back to the Future queue, it's the same set up. You go through the regular (nicely done) queue and then you get sent upstairs, downstairs or straight ahead. Because of the set up of the ride, this is where you spend the most time. There is absolutely NOTHING here to look at. There are 2 TV's there, but you can't see them. They weren't even on Saturday when we were there.

On our 2nd ride, we were standing there for about 30 minutes with absolutely nothing to do, nothing to look at but a wall. They should release people slower into one of the 3 areas and keep you in the nicer queue with stuff to watch.

The TV's in the queue are all in pretty bad spots and are not seen all that much.

The little room before the ride, when you first get in there is no music, nothing happening on the TV or anything until the safety spiel starts.

While the ride is fun, I got quite nauseous on our 2nd ride, this has NEVER happened to me on a ride of this kind before.

Overall, I give the attraction a 3 out of 5. It's an improvement on Back to the Future, it will be a good thing for the park, but I can't see us making another special trip to the park just to ride it. It doesn't really offer anything new, we've seen it all before. And from what I've seen from the Universal Orlando Queue/Exit, it's nicer than Hollywoods, which really, is no surprise.

Some Pictures:

The new outside of the building, nicely done.

Love the height checker:

Some of the outside theming, this is part of the overflow queue which wasn't being used in the morning.

Krusty's Uvula, which you can use as a punching bag

Some Signage for other Krustyland attractions and shows

My favorite:

A couple more Krustyland entrances

This is where the line splits off to the 3 different levels.

This was my one MAJOR dig, you sit here in this spot for AT LEAST 20 minutes with nothing to look at but this sign:

You see where the TV's are. Even if they were on, you couldn't see them

This is what the sign says, it is funny enough, but not enough to keep you entertained considering the other part of the queue (which we went through in about 5 minutes) had to look at.

Once you get inside, this is the new waiting area. The characters kind of interact with each other.

The "Information" booth

Closed attractions for the day:

The TV changes and shows different things:

The video where Krusty picks the Simpsons, and Bart picks you to be the first on Krusty's new ride.

Spoiler
    And of course, shows Sideshow Bob escaping, on the loose and sneaking into the park.

Then you go in the other waiting room, where they do another safety video and the ride. The exit is nothing different from Back to the Future except they have booths where you can email your picture ... for $5.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-28-2008 at 06:27 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Sir Clinksalot's Thoughts on the new Simpsons Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It doesn't really offer anything new, we've seen it all before.
    That's been my take the on ride (from afar). Nice to have an aging attraction overhauled so you don't have a festering wound in the park, but doesn't seem to be anything to actually pull you to the park
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The Clinkerbelle's ride the new Simpsons Ride (Pictures and other USH stuff)

We also rode the tram, it was FREEZING!!

My 3 favorite people in the world

They were building some sets for the new "Land of the Lost" movie

Cars

Kablooie

Dino Guts

Flood

I'm really looking forward to the new Hulk, hopefully they get it right this time

For the first time on our most recent trips, we got to go down Wisteria Lane

And then we left.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: The Clinkerbelle's ride the new Simpsons Ride (Pictures and other USH stuff)

great pics!
    the designing of the simpsons ride outside area looks cool

Blog Entries

I must say that the outside of the simpsons ride at USH looks more cohesive in theme than the Orlando version, but fortunately for those of us in Orlando, we didn't have the tv placement problem that you had. There was not one moment of the 40 minutes I waited in line to ride that I ever felt bored. I was laughing the entire time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Sir Clinks, thanks for a terrific photo review of the new Simpsons Ride! A lot of the details in the queue are really funny. Although, I agree that would be boring to be stuck in one of the places with nothing to look at. I doubt I'll make it to USH anytime soon, so it was nice to live vicariously through your pictures. Thanks again for taking the time to post all these photos!

• Senior Minion

I've been waiting for somebody to review this and am glad to this up with pictures. I'll be going in the next few weeks, and at least now know where the dead spots will be in the queue ... thank goodness for iPod's!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks for the pictures and the detail in the pictures. Aaron is getting annual passes for his BDay so I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the pictures. The exterior looks hilarious!!!

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report and great pictures!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Par excellence, so to speak, on the TR and photos, Sir Clinks. I'm not even a Simpsons fan (blasphemy, I know)....but I still enjoyed your report.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

The Simpsons was a fun ride, however it did make me queasy and I couldn't ride it again.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• For You!

Great pictures - I have yet to get to Universal Studios.

Your family are just a bunch of cuties.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Great TR! I haven't been to USH since I was a kid, so the only time I see it is through your pics. Thanks!
    <o>

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    There are nods to back to the future (more than one)
    Please tell!
    Put it in a spoiler box if nessasary

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast