• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Went to Universal today

Went to Universal today

the tram tour treated the fire as a special added event and drove around it and talked about it as if it was just another part of the tour.....

They are already clearing away the debris.... my guess is in 8 to 12 weeks you wont know there was a fire......

The courthouse and its square along with the left side row of building is completely intact (tho with the ugly ghost whisperer cladding on it still) oddly the plants, trees and grass of the square were still green and untouched (unless they already replaced these for a shoot) everything else in the NY are destroyed completely except for the one ugly brown bldng that is the front for stage 747 .... the four walls of the Kong bldng are still standing intact but the roof and eveything inside are completely gone.....

I dont know what they plan but if they bring back a kong attraction I hope it is all new with a more advanced animatronic and based on the latest peter jackson film...

Also the pond and sea parting was closed off because you could see that the lake level was about a foot lower than usual as the firefighters drained water from it for the fire....

also by chance the earthquake attraction was closed due to scheduled maintenance.... oops some bad luck planning there!

I do have pix but ill post those tomorrow as its late and i dont feel well at all....

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Went to Universal today

I went to Universal yesterday (Thursday) and Earthquake was back open. The Tram guide said it was the first day it's been open in a month due to refurbishment. I'm betting they rushed to get it back open due to the fire and King Kong gone, since a few of the effects were not working (fire from the truck, electricity bolt from the huge transformer) but that is just my guess.

On a different note, I loved the Simpsons ride! Did it 2 times in a row! They just need to brighten the projection in the big dome though. It's quite dim.