Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Where will Harry Potter theme park short films be shot?

Warner Bros. has affirmed in Leaky Cauldron that there are no films currently in production for Wizarding World. Nevertheless, the studio didn't aay that attraction frilms will not be shot. In fact, I would venture to say that it is a foregone conclusion that the production will occur, if it hasn't already.

Anybody with ideas as to when and where the films would take place? Keep in mind that the targeted opening of the theme park within a theme park is late 2009.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Where will Harry Potter theme park short films be shot?

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...ter-theme-park

um....they already said no, it's not gonna happen...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...ter-theme-park

um....they already said no, it's not gonna happen...
    They said they are not shooting films for the Potter park now. Unless this park is going to be made on the cheap, i can't imagine it opening without a single attraction that utilizes film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    They said they are not shooting films for the Potter park now. Unless this park is going to be made on the cheap, i can't imagine it opening without a single attraction that utilizes film.
    I don't see why not. There aren't likely to be more than four new attractions, and I'm being generous with four. Some people think there's only going to be one new ride -- the Kuka arm ride -- the redressed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn coasters, and perhaps a stage show.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
    I don't see why not. There aren't likely to be more than four new attractions, and I'm being generous with four. Some people think there's only going to be one new ride -- the Kuka arm ride -- the redressed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn coasters, and perhaps a stage show.
    Doubt that four rides (counting re-themed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn coasters will be all there is ride-wise to Wizarding World. Besides, there are plenty of non-rides (in the traditional sense) that utilize interactive (including 3-D) films. Anyone that thinks people are going to make a mad rush to a ride-less, attraction.less theme park - well you should reapraise that line of thinking.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Well first of all, it isn't a theme park. It's just an island within IOA. And there will be only two new rides at most. Universal is banking on a large attendance simply because it's Harry Potter.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Well first of all, it isn't a theme park. It's just an island within IOA. And there will be only two new rides at most. Universal is banking on a large attendance simply because it's Harry Potter.
    Wizarding World not exactly being promoted as a theme park - rather a theme park within a themepark.(indicating smallness in comparison with IOA as a whole. At the same time, it is loosely being referred to as an Island. Universal has not really committed to one reference over the other. So, we are left to conclude that it is a small scale theme park and one of IOA's Islands (or lands).

Apart from the future retheming of Dueling Dragons and the Flying Unicorn, Universal has remained tight lipped as to the number of attractions and what they will be. I'm not saying that you, JtnOrl, are wrong about the scope of the rides and attractions - no more than i am claiming to be absolutely right that their will be more thab one or two.

I am merely affirming my hope that there will be more than a couple of rides and that logic dictates that there will be other attractions as well - at least one or two that include film elements incorporated into their technological special effects media. The current unknowns render any conclusive argument futile and moot.

How great it would be if at least one person would hazard to guess where and/or when Universal would shoot film footage for the parks attraction(s) - or if they think the footage has already been completed (and Universal's remaing quiet about it). Perhaps,there will be no film production at all. I'm not ruling that out as a possibility. I'm just saying "what if"? - simply because it's a fun thing to contimplate. Due to the fact that I am not a know it all, I am genuinely interested in the opinions of those who haven't rendered film production for the mini-theme park / island a vikrtual impossibility.

I think the reason they've been using the "theme park within a theme park" term is the simple fact that Potter fans, the demographic they're targeting, may not be theme park savvy or understand what they mean by an "island." And although it may be false advertising, going about it this way makes it sound more enticing than it would otherwise.

In reality, they simply don't have enough space to add more than a few large attractions. This is why they're redoing Lost Continent instead of building from scratch. It will probably be one of the more attraction-heavy islands, but it won't take on a life of it's own. It's just a piece of the larger puzzle known as IOA.

As for attraction films, I have a feeling they'll be using a few. I'm not sure I like this idea though, since IOA is supposed to be based around literature and not film.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Where will Harry Potter theme park short films be shot?

I think the reason they've been using the "theme park within a theme park" term is the simple fact that Potter fans, the demographic they're targeting, may not be theme park savvy or understand what they mean by an "island." And although it may be false advertising, going about it this way makes it sound more enticing than it would otherwise.
    This is nothing compared to what California's Gt. America has been doing since they added some water slides and a wave pool a few year's back. They pushed their season passes as good for 3 parks-CGA, Gilroy Gardens and Boomerang Bay (the water area in GA). That would be like DL's AP giving access to 3 parks-DCA, DL and Toontown.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Anybody with ideas as to when and where the films would take place? Keep in mind that the targeted opening of the theme park within a theme park is late 2009.
    My guess would be that they would use the standing sets at Leavseden Studios in England.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Just this guy......

The amusement park is still several years away from being open so there is no rush to film anything for it. I would guess that if they were to use some of the actors, they would shoot it at the same time they shoot the next film.

Quote:Ride Warrior: Doubt that four rides (counting re-themed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn coasters will be all there is ride-wise to Wizarding World. Besides, there are plenty of non-rides (in the traditional sense) that utilize interactive (including 3-D) films. Anyone that thinks people are going to make a mad rush to a ride-less, attraction.less theme park - well you should reapraise that line of thinking. Quote:Ride Warrior

i say make a toy story midway mania ride but call it Harry Potter's Wizard Mania! But instead of using spring action shooters use wands that have different spells (ex. float feathers using wingardium leviosa (sp?), control things using imperio, etc.) the last round could have a lot of voldemorts pop up and you use advada kedavra! In the queue would be a giant anamatronic character (probably hagrid) who would be with fang and aragog and talk about the ride and offer you stale biscuts and tea in his cottage!

Just Kidding BTW~

^ That's not far off from one of the concepts I've seen, actually...

• Iron-Clad Allie

In reality, they simply don't have enough space to add more than a few large attractions. This is why they're redoing Lost Continent instead of building from scratch. It will probably be one of the more attraction-heavy islands, but it won't take on a life of it's own. It's just a piece of the larger puzzle known as IOA.

As for attraction films, I have a feeling they'll be using a few. I'm not sure I like this idea though, since IOA is supposed to be based around literature and not film.
    This description is a bit of a letdown, and, if true, most certainly will fail to be a big draw in the U.S. - not to mention the international market. Let's hope that Universal packs more highly themed attractions into the area than what you are predicting, JtnOrl.

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    This is nothing compared to what California's Gt. America has been doing since they added some water slides and a wave pool a few year's back. They pushed their season passes as good for 3 parks-CGA, Gilroy Gardens and Boomerang Bay (the water area in GA). That would be like DL's AP giving access to 3 parks-DCA, DL and Toontown.

A bientot.
    I'm from NorCal. Sounds like they were despaerate to push the two parks. Even more strange, Gilroy Gardens belongs to the City of Gilroy - and not Cedar Faire (the parent company og Great Amrica).

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    My guess would be that they would use the standing sets at Leavseden Studios in England.
    This actually would make sense, as J.K. Rowling resides in England - and Universal/Warner have reached out to her for input and approval every step along the way.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The amusement park is still several years away from being open so there is no rush to film anything for it. I would guess that if they were to use some of the actors, they would shoot it at the same time they shoot the next film.
    Another good point. Each of the key actors are likely shooting other films currently, and busy with other aspects of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by nnic View Post
    Quote:Ride Warrior: Doubt that four rides (counting re-themed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn coasters will be all there is ride-wise to Wizarding World. Besides, there are plenty of non-rides (in the traditional sense) that utilize interactive (including 3-D) films. Anyone that thinks people are going to make a mad rush to a ride-less, attraction.less theme park - well you should reapraise that line of thinking. Quote:Ride Warrior

i say make a toy story midway mania ride but call it Harry Potter's Wizard Mania! But instead of using spring action shooters use wands that have different spells (ex. float feathers using wingardium leviosa (sp?), control things using imperio, etc.) the last round could have a lot of voldemorts pop up and you use advada kedavra! In the queue would be a giant anamatronic character (probably hagrid) who would be with fang and aragog and talk about the ride and offer you stale biscuts and tea in his cottage!

Just Kidding BTW~
    Nothing personal, but Harry Potter's Wizard Mania would SUCK so much! You don't want to know what I would do with my wand. Let's just say that it would loosen up a certain region of the the creative genious in charge of the project - in a very non-magical way.

^ That's not far off from one of the concepts I've seen, actually...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast