• "I Break Things"

A Knott's evening 6-22

I know several MC's are likely saying "didn't we see you at Disneyland that day?" The answer is yes. We were at the parks, we decided to leave early, and we were on the way home when I made a detour to Knott's (we live 5 minutes away by street). By this time it was later in the evening, a lot cooler, and hardly any lines in Camp Snoopy. First up the Red Baron

Round 2...

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: A Knott's evening 6-22

#'S 3 and 4 were asleep, so only the older 2 rode the planes. After that we headed over to Ghosttown Grill. Along the way I stopped at the Geode Shop and bought a rock. I actually felt a little guilty doing this. I used to hang out at this very shop when I was in College. If I wasn't on Jungle I could be found either in school, or at this shop with a couple close friends.

It was because of all these visits that I met Fred. For anyone who doesn't know, Fred was the rock cutter at Knott's for a VERY long time, recently retiring a year or so ago. Fred also taught me the "marshmallow" trick. Let's say usually I am able to either pick a hollow, or pick a mudball (one full of ash and mud but no actual rock... I have several). I have several amazing specimens in my collection, and a couple that I left at my old High School. Anyhow back on topic. A gentleman in front of me opted for a $66 "guaranteed hollow". It was hollow, and not a bad pick overall. I was next and the attendant explained that it would likely be solid. I smiled and replied "$10, I can risk it!" let's say it was hollow

That very bright shiny spot is a HUGE crystal in the center. It also has a lot of other amazing little gems including amythest, smoky quartz, and other odds and ends. Overall definitely worth the $10, and a bigger hollow then the $66 one. The other gentleman seemed slightly annoyed, and almost immediately bought another rock. I just walked away... in the back of my mind I was saying "Thank you Fred". If you know what to listen for you will know when the blade hits the hollow... I knew it was a hollow within a few moments of the cut... I realized how big when I saw how fast the saw cut it! I was honestly SHOCKED at this hollow.

With rock in hand we went to Ghosttown Grill. While my rock was stunning, the service was HORRIBLE. So much so that we almost had to get our own drinks, watched another party get their own straws, watched several parties just plop down in a seat. In the entire time we were there no one checked on us, no refills, it was as if the servers didn't care. For their efforts we left no tip, as no effort was exhibited and even the illusion of service was missing. I know this is not normal, as I have always previously had extremely positive experiences there.

• "I Break Things"

Well at least the food was good... back to Camp Snoopy for some Huff n Puff

Now the first time around our littlest two were still asleep so only the older 2 got to go. By the time they made it around #3 woke up.

• "I Break Things"

The beauty of being there at night... short lines and cooler temps. We hadn't had a chance to fly in the balloons previously because of huge lines. That night we rode them twice without ever getting off.

All and all a wonderful evening. As we left we noticed the helichopters circling the park. No one at the gate knew why (or at least wouldn't say why). When we got home we discovered that the Sky Cabin had gotten stuck about 50ft above the platform and Buena Park FD had to rescue everyone. As luck would have it, we traded a fireman's rescue for bad service... had we not been eating we would have been on that ride!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Ok time for cocoa

Another great trip report.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Sock Puppet

I experienced horribly poor service on two separate visits several years ago.
    One problem was very much like you experienced at Ghost Town Grill. All my email to customer service accomplished is that these issues were supposedly being passed on to management. Maybe so, but it seems that the food service problems have never been fixed.