Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Snoopy's Big Bow Wow on Ice

Keep in mind the intention was not to go to Knott's specifically for one show. To give a brief back story, I had promised my son I would take him on Bumper Cars. The original plan was to visit the park with only my son so that my daughters, who are not tall enough, would not feel bad. That plan didn't work out, and the whole family trekked over to Knott's. Plan B was for my wife and the girls to play in the arcade (small, confined, easy to manage unlike Camp Snoopy) while my son and I went on Bumper Cars. As we stood in line for Bumper Cars I happened to look up and see a crowd exiting the theater above. I immediately got my son out of line, walked over to a doorman in front of the handicap entrance, and verified that there was one more show. It only took a moment to balance the options, my son and I headed back to the arcade to get the rest of the family and we were off to a show... or at least waiting for one.

and waiting...

still waiting...

I love this shot
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: Snoopy's Big Bow Wow on Ice

Finally the doors open and off we go. I knew we were in the front, and may get decent seats, I didn't realize we would be front and center. Being the "good Daddy" that I am I finally broke down and bought the kids light swords

• "I Break Things"

Those black stairs in the background are for Snoopy, who walks down the center isle and then takes to the rink. The opening act is a classic

Which got a little one's attention

Then Snoopy walked all the way up to the edge

Which really got this little one's attention.

• "I Break Things"

Next up a tropical number

Baby loved the music in this one

And a preview of the amazing talent and skill present in this show

At this point the kids were beside themselves

• "I Break Things"

Then a school number

Not bad, but the kids liked the tropical number a lot better

• "I Break Things"

Followed by a Circus act

Snoopy even sported some flair, and skated through a pretend hoop of fire...

This pair actually came down from above using the "curtain trapeze"

Yes he is actually swinging her by her ankles

Nice ending number

• Ok time for cocoa

So, did everyone like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

•   
    • My liver hurts!

Looks AWESOME!!!
    So I take it no Bumper Cars that day??
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• "I Break Things"

The next number was a play on Charlie Brown's attempt to kick a football (where Lucy always picks it up at the last minute and Charlie Brown falls over)... fun number

And the big finale was a tribute to the 60's... really really a lot of fun...

I was very impressed. I am not an ice skating person, so for all I know they could have made a hundred mistakes and I never would have known the difference. This show was a combination of ice skating, and ice dancing, complete with the various spins, lifts, and jumps one expects in standard competition. It is an experience... and we had a wonderful time.

Due to the location of the theater, the shows that day per the doorman were about half full, and the 7:30 we hit was only about 1/3 full. I am not sure if it will be able to draw in the crowds, but it is definitely worth the wait for anyone who enjoys ice skating.

• "I Break Things"

Not to TR this (the majority of the visit was dedicated to this show, even if that was not the original intent) but here is the rest of the evening.

After a wonderful show we decided to finally ride the Denver & Rio Grande, which I literally have not been on in YEARS. This proved to be a very crowded train, and we ended up in one of the stock cars.

A lady was giving a tour over the PA when the bandits walked through and scared everyone pretty good. Sadly I expected more out of them, one looked at me (holding all of the frightened kids with baby strapped to my chest) and replied "no use he's broke! This is my daughter making sure they are gone

• "I Break Things"

Now I promised my son a ride on Bumper Cars, and it has always been instilled in me to keep my promise. The only reason we did not ride this right after the show, was that the show crowd flooded the line. I actually explained this to him as we walked past and boarded the train. Now that some time had passed, my wife took the girls to the arcade and I took my son to Bumper Cars

self shot

Looking at all the cars

A Fishbulb shot

Because he is not tall enough, I had to drive, but he was tall enough to be a passenger

And I let him grab the wheel before we took off.

I do not want to put a damper on this report, but the cars are a LOT slower then they used to be. Also I think they changed the car design slightly, I honestly do not remember the lap bar.

• "I Break Things"

I snapped a couple quick shots in the arcade, the girls loved the car ride... even without a quarter in it...

And my wife tried a shooting gallery game... not the best form but she hit a target (I am not allowed to reveal her score).

I shot twice, perfect score both times, and took up the challenge to clear the bottom row before the targets could pop back up... I was only able to down 3 in the time it took the first one to raise back up though. And so ended a wonderful evening. We hope to make both the Birdcage and the Stunt Show at some point. We saw a bit of the Indian Dance... and I have to say that has drastically changed from what it was.

Blog Entries

Looks like a fun little show, but the shots of that theater make it look absolutely dirty and awful. Imagine the outcry of one of Disney's locations ever looked that bad.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Do I understand correctly....The BirdCage Theater is still open? Wolfette and I are going today...would love to see that again!

Sounds like you had a blast, thanks for sharing your day/evening with us!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Finally the doors open and off we go. I knew we were in the front, and may get decent seats, I didn't realize we would be front and center. Being the "good Daddy" that I am I finally broke down and bought the kids light swords
    OK. It's Knotts so I'll forgive you. But don't even THINK of doing this at Disneyland!

And Wolfy, I do know they have shows at the Birdcage Theatre during Chrustmas (they rotate -- I know one of them is the Gift Of The Magi). So I would think they also have showd during the summer although I have no idea.

Speaking of the Birdcage, Steve Martin also worked there in addition to the Magic Shop at DL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast