• Addicted to MC since '08

Knotts Sky Cabin Stuck...AGAIN!

DIRECTLY FROM SCREAMSCAPE.COM:

Park News - (7/7/08) While I can’t find anything on the news about it yet a Screamscape reader tells us that the Sky Cabin became stuck once again, this time close to half way up requiring the use of the Anheheim Fire Department’s Long Reach Ladder Truck to rescue the trapped guests. If you can find a news link to this story, let me know.
    In other news we’ve heard that Knott’s Berry Farm may be reviving an old plan to build a tunnel around the lower portion of Silver Bullet’s track at the Cobra Roll in response to the accident at Six Flags over Georgia. The idea has been tossed around for years however as a solution to cut down the noise for the nearby stage show but the new accident has revived the idea once again and we may see it go in sooner than later now. While I always question knee-jerk reactions like this, I just can’t complain about how much fun adding a couple of tunnels to the bottom half of a Cobra Roll would be on this already fantastic and underrated ride.

I wonder what is going to happen to the Sky Cabin after all this. And it sounds cool for tunnels ons silver bullet. That would be a neat addition.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-07-2008 at 05:33 PM.

• Minion

Re: Knotts Sky Cabin Stuck...AGAIN!

Tunnels would really help make Silver Bullet a much more unique coaster. Top Gun: The Jet Coaster (a.k.a. Flightdeck) at Carowinds is also a B and M invert and one of the best. It features a tunnel with mist in it, something that would be really cool on Silver Bullet.

Silver Bullet is already one of the best inverted coasters in California, possibly the best on the West Coast. Tunnels would definately add to the experience, for both thrilling and safety reasons. Batman at Magic Mountain would be cool with tunnels also, to prevent the same accident at SFOG to happen here.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Silver Bullet is already one of the best inverted coasters in California, possibly the best on the West Coast. Tunnels would definately add to the experience, for both thrilling and safety reasons. Batman at Magic Mountain would be cool with tunnels also, to prevent the same accident at SFOG to happen here.
    Silver Bullet is likely the best inverted coaster on the West Coast, even though it is the only one I have officially riden, I can tell that Great America's Top Gun (Flight Deck) looks very small compared to Carowinds and Magic Mountain's Batman: The Ride is found all over the world, I myself have riden three version of it. One Batman: The Ride I rode was called Great White at Sea World San Antonio, it was the exact same ride as B:TR only with different theming.

IMO, Top Gun...errr...Flight Deck is the best Inverted in CA. Good powerful G forces, and the ending around the lake is the best! It is much shorter than Batman or Silver Bullet, but that does not bug me.

I am confused, how would a tunnel help prevent the same accident from happening at Batman or Silver Bullet? I do not remember Silver Bullet getting that close to the ground. As for Batman, it does get close, but I still do not see how a tunnel would prevent someone from climbing a fence and getting hit.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    IMO, Top Gun...errr...Flight Deck is the best Inverted in CA. Good powerful G forces, and the ending around the lake is the best! It is much shorter than Batman or Silver Bullet, but that does not bug me.

I agree. Flight Deck at CGA is just as good as Silver Bullet IMO, and is definitely underappreciated.

As for staying on topic, I hope Knotts gets this fixed asap, it's the second mishap in weeks.

I posted an update about the Sky Cabin tonight on AroundDisney.

The ride did get stuck again last week, but workers found the problem and it's fixed and back up running.
    Last edited by sonyanews; 07-07-2008 at 09:34 PM.

I am confused, how would a tunnel help prevent the same accident from happening at Batman or Silver Bullet? I do not remember Silver Bullet getting that close to the ground. As for Batman, it does get close, but I still do not see how a tunnel would prevent someone from climbing a fence and getting hit.
    I don't exactly know how it would help Silver Bullet other than just being a precaution, but for Batman, it could help. The areas where the train goes into digouts after the corkscrerws could be covered, as well as after each loop. Those are the only places the ride gets near enough to the ground to hit someone. If they were covered up, it could prevent people from approaching the fast train from straight on. I need to draw some sort of photo to show how it could be done to prevent accidents like the one at SFOG. Hmm....

Ok, Here is the link to the OC Register page that talks about the Sky Tower Getting Stuck...Again!

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/

• Circle of Ancients

While I agree that the Tunnels would indeed be cool, I don't see how they would prevent people from hopping the fence and then going into the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    While I agree that the Tunnels would indeed be cool, I don't see how they would prevent people from hopping the fence and then going into the tunnel.

Exactly! If 2 fences and signs would not keep a person out, why would 2 fences, signs, and a tunnel?

• Circle of Ancients

Exactly! If 2 fences and signs would not keep a person out, why would 2 fences, signs, and a tunnel?
    It's just going to guarantee it's going to be REALLY messy.

Firework explodes ON your hand ... ouch.

Firework explodes IN your hand ... no more hand.