•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Adventure Island - July 5th, 2008

The girls and I went to Adventure Island (Tampa, FL) for the day, I was surprised at the level of crowds considering it was a holiday weekend, they really weren't as large as I expected.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

It's a nice water park, has a lot of variety, depending on what kind of water park goer you are.

The entrance turnstiles have the finger reader, which causes a jam sometimes but again, the crowds weren't bad that day so it was manageable.

They have lockers available to rent right at the entrance as well as a centralized location in the park. The front area has a nice view of a fountain.

What should we do first?

We decided on the lazy river, they call it the Rambling Bayou, it was a nice way to get wet but start the visit off right!

They have different levels of slides from the youngest to the most thrill seeking visitor.

My girls favored the cliff jump, they went back many times. LOL

The theming isn't bland but it's not over the top either, comfortable and what you'd expect from a water park.

They have a wave pool that runs about every 8 minutes and they play Top 20 music in the background. Nothing vulgar though, it was all Pop friendly. LOL

Everglides kept breaking down, so we missed it that day, looked like fun though.

Gulf Scream was wedgie producing fun but not for the faint hearted.

Caribbean Corkscrew is an attraction that is NOT for the claustrophobic.

My girls favorite play area was Splash Attack, it has this bucket that fills up with 1,000 gallons of water and pours it on people below every few minutes. It's a great way to cool off, very quickly. LOL

My girls favorite attraction however, was Rip Tide, you lay on your stomach using a mat and you fly through these enclosed tunnels and race to the end. The girls loved competing on this one.

You can always tell that the kids had fun because at the end of the day, when your driving home, you look back and see this...

The End
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 07-08-2008 at 09:47 AM.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Adventure Island - July 5th, 2008

Looks like an awesome day! Thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

Caribbean Corkscrew is an attraction that is NOT for the claustrophobic.

You ain't lyin' about that. I can't do this one at all because I literally can't breathe while I'm in the tube. Not a fun feeling.

Looks like you all had a fun day. I haven't been there in a few years. It's included in my Busch pass, but I'd just rather go across the street and ride a coaster.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

What wonderful pictures. Your girls are too cute, but somehow I must have missed the pictures of you .

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    What wonderful pictures. Your girls are too cute, but somehow I must have missed the pictures of you .
    LOL You know what they say, the person that takes the photos are never in any pictures.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

That looks like a really nice water park. Like you said, nicely themed, but not over the top. Thanks for the picts!