Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

• Some imagination, huh?

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2008

LOL! I loved the looks on the other people's faces. They're all, "Why the heck is that zombie dude pretending to hold a gun?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    There should be more of me in that video
    yeah, i wish i'd gotten some video of you just casually talking to us, then turning around real quick...yelling at someone..making them scream...then you picking right back up with the conversation...awesomness
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

I was a tad disappointed.Last night was the first time I visited Knott's scary farm and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be,but it was fun to get my blood pumping ahaha.We decided to save Quarantine for last but the line stretched all the way to Silver Bullet so we decided to leave.

Lessons learned from the trip:
    Don't go on a Saturday.
    -WAY too crowded.
    -Filled with unsupervised kids who think they can do whatever they want
    -The time you walk from the Exit to your car includes conversations with drunk men.

I also thought the Grudge maze would be there but sadly it wasn't

• Race Car Driver

Did you have pictures from Saturday night,
    I cant believe it is almost time for me to go....... some where i saw a picture of a clown hidding under a train car holding a hammer. Spooky!!!!!!!!!
    But I love looking at the pictures.

Snacks
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

I went on Saturday as well. It was my first time going to Haunt, and I was not looking forward to it. I'm not a big horror fan. So I got dragged along, but I ended up having a great time. While it was very crowded, we got a lot done which was surprising. We got all the mazes done but one (the Lost Vegas maze), rode the log ride and mine ride, and saw a show.
    Overall it was really fun and I am glad I went. The only complaint was the crowd. Talk about rude. I've never seen so many people without any sense of respect or manners. Way too many unsupervised kids. A group of 5 or 6 people cut in line in front of us and divided our group...and they did this right in front of an employee but she didn't do anything about it. So we asked what their policy is on line cutters, and she told us next time to just tell them there is no cutting and to please go to the back of the line. Like that is really going to work.

Actually, Saturday night wasnt as crowded as other nights. Thursday and Friday was a bit more crowded (Thurday due to scion night and power night on the same day). But you went on Watsaknotts, or however you spell it, which is the day gang members go to knotts.. Ugh i was cussed at and flipped off sooooo many times last night. I must have set a record.

oh. well that explains a lot. There was a monster outside of one of the mazes talking to people in line. He was labeling people Bloods or Crips depending on what they were wearing...I got labeled a crip since I was wearing black and that was close enough to blue. he was wearing a blue and red bandana, which he explained to me was to keep him cool with both sides. At the time I couldn't figure out why he was doing that...

I saw so many of the workers getting cursed at or threatened by people. By the end of the night I was really feeling sorry for you guys who work there.

Lane, which attraction do you work in?

• aka the scorpion eater!

I know... For my first ever Haunt experience I had a blast... and will be making it a yearly ritual... but going on Friday we encountered a lot of people being unruly to the monsters... come on... I mean why hit monsters or get so drunk that you want to fight with just about anything... not to mention alcohol restricts blood flow and at a scare event can cause a heart attack... which is one reason I opted not to drink at Black Angus before despite it being happy hour and so tempting to kick back and enoy a few with my meal [my friends from California were not doing the pre scare so we checked into the hotel early, went to Black Angus and then met up with them before rope drop]... seriously I am going to regret saying this being as much of an alcoholic as I am but seriously Knotts may be making money by selling 16 dollar beers and all but the Haunt is not the place to be setting up beer gardens... I saw so much unruliness by drunken people and while I love to personally have my own share of drinking every now and then there is a difference between enjoying a few, getting plastered at home or away from public, and a time and place to get as wasted as I saw some people Friday night... seriously I would not mind if Knotts stoped selling alcohol just because of it... some of those monsters I saw getting abused were not seeming to be too happy about the drunkeness either... Its a scare fest and I was having so much fun being scared and most monsters are actually pretty good about the scares they do... I really dont see why you would need to drink to enjoy it... The monsters have a lot of personality as it is to keep everything scary yet fun and by the end of the night as our group was doing our picture run in taking pictures with some of the monsters we saw a group of monsters in The Gauntlet giving some drunk canadian girl a reality check with security there... but yeah its one thing to be scared, another to react, and another to just be plain mean... but thats enough for my rant on the whole drinking before Knotts Scary Farm which for a first timer did not turn me off since I had so much fun but if I was a first timer and noticed this, I could imagine what Haunt veterans think of this...

anyhow I am uploading my pictures and videos from Haunt and Disneyland and will be doing a trip report... and Elly... OMG!! You are so right about the monsters in the Gauntlet... next to the Calico Square sliders the Gauntlet is my favorite Scare zone in the park with my favorite variety of monsters... The Jesters were so fun and so was that warlock looking guy... and after seeing who Kritter is on hereand going through Quarantine...OMG! He is good at Scaring the crap out of you... somehow, I was the unlucky one to lead my group through Quarantine so for my first Knotts maze I did not know what to expect and for some reason he got all up in my face with the growl and followed me for a short bit... but then the other scariest thing IMO was CornStalkers and Pyromaniax... I was not expecting the one monster to shoot a cap gun at you while on the log ride... or that one with the whistle got me so scared and most scares on there were so quick and unexpected and unescapable which made it somuch scarier than the walkthrough mazes... then the one who acually slammed our log was crazy... The log ride was actually pretty scary since you were going so quickly you did not know what was going to happen and some corners you though something was lurking around were dead and the others you thought had safety were crazy!!!

But anyhowI wil have pictures and a more in depth report of the trip

Oh and if you see a lot of typos... the keyboard I am using has sticky keys!

Its nice to hear people actually enjoy pyromaniax. We've been in a slump for a while now. (im in pyro btw). We have been in need of monsters since the first week was over. Saturday was the first day we had the whole mountain filled in a long time.
    I dont understand why they would sell beer at haunt.. the only reason would be to make money but thats a stupid reason since the monsters are the ones being attacked. Its amusing to watch people go by and guess which ones are drunk. After awhile you get really good at it.

Alcohol is the cause of problems at a lot of events, but unfortunately it is a big money maker so I'm sure it won't be going any time soon. We saw a girl, who looked maybe 15 at the oldest, getting busted before she even got in the park for trying to sneak in alcohol. Also we smelled weed a lot while we were walking around. Seriously people? Can't go someplace without having to get high?

I give all of you who work there a lot of credit, because there is no way I could put up with that.

Quarantine was our first maze of the night, and I was really nervous. The guy at the door noticed my Long Beach State sweatshirt I was wearing and told me I couldn't be scared since I was representing The Beach. I walked as fast as I could through it and tried not to look around much, so I couldn't tell you if anyone from here tried to scare me.

I agree that Pyromaniax was one of the scariest things there. I never screamed the whole night until we went on it. It is set up perfectly...we couldn't see anything and never knew what was coming. If the line hadn't been so long I would have gone on it again. The only other person who actually scared me was someone dressed like a goat(?) in the Labyrinth. I totally didn't see him coming whereas the rest of the night I could tell where people were hiding.

I'll go again next year, but I will just make sure it is earlier in the month and not on gang night.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I think what made Pyro so scary was the fact that everything went by so quickly [except for the conveyor belt] and you didnt have enough time to process what just popped out or what was trying to grab you or your log [sort of like the older horror movie classics where they dont show a lot of the characters faces and leave the rest to your imagination with darker lighting]... not to mention the monsters who tapped the logs were OMG! That and the fog and lighting for it and the music made the log ride so much better than its year round version and turned it into a different experience

• Can see my car from here

Got to go to the Halloween Haunt last night and it was a blast. I can't believe how lite the crowds were. There was no line to park when I got there at 5:30pm, walked straight into Mrs. Knotts for dinner with no waiting, then we bought tickets and walked right in. No lines at all!! They dropped the ropes at about 6:45pm, and the park felt deserted, which was great. In some areas, there were more monsters than guests! Over by Klown Kollege they didn't have anyone else to scare, so they all ganged up on me, haha! All of the mazes were walk ons until about 9:30 or 10pm, then it got a little more crowded. Pyromaniax (Log Ride) was a walk-on at 7:45pm.

I was really impressed by the costumes and the effort from all of the monsters roaming around. They did a great job!

I hadn't been to the Haunt since the 80'sthe hanging has really changed big time. I was surprised how funny the show was really enjoyed it.

Question for you Haunt employees or fans-in-the-know...(yeah Elly I'm talkin' to you!) is the monster "growl" effect just a handheld recorder, or is it something made specifically for the haunt? Can you buy one online somewhere? Can anyone spill the beans on itI want one, hahaha!! Thanks to all the Knott's castmembers for a great night of fun and fright!!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Question for you Haunt employees or fans-in-the-know...(yeah Elly I'm talkin' to you!) is the monster "growl" effect just a handheld recorder, or is it something made specifically for the haunt? Can you buy one online somewhere? Can anyone spill the beans on itI want one, hahaha!! Thanks to all the Knott's castmembers for a great night of fun and fright!!
    if you're talking about the "snarling" noise that some of the monsters make, that's actually them, not a recording at all....glad to hear you had such a great time
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Can see my car from here

Thanks Elly,

Wow, I can make that sound too (especially when my ex-wife is around), but I would definitely have a sore throat by the end of the night. So I'm giving even more respect to the snarling monsters!! Great job!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

The sound isn't made through the throat, it's a combination of the soft pallet and nasal cavity, like snoring. And thankfully, that doesn't cause too much strain so the monsters are able to do it all night.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast