Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2008

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    and after seeing who Kritter is on hereand going through Quarantine...OMG! He is good at Scaring the crap out of you... somehow, I was the unlucky one to lead my group through Quarantine so for my first Knotts maze I did not know what to expect and for some reason he got all up in my face with the growl and followed me for a short bit...
    Tah...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Haunt is officially over, and i'm officially sad

only 11 months to go!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Tah...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    Well you do such a good job at it and to be honest you and that older zombie guy with the beard made memorable impressions in the Quarantine maze... Plus you were so in character and everything... Be sure to scare me again just as good if not better if you happen to be working Knotts again next year.

one thing I must ask since you have worked a Knotts maze this year... Do the maze monsters have a habit of picking out that one weaker looking person in the group and totally terrorizing them through most of the maze because I will not lie, either myself or my friends girlfriend were always in the habit of being singled out by the monsters in the mazes when it came to our group going through... I dont know if it was because I am the gay guy out of our group or if she was the prissy one we were both screamers though [for the record I got singled out in Cornstalkers, Lost Vegas, and Asylum and had one Ghost Town street monster following me most of the night and she got singled out in Club Blood, Labyrinth, Quarantine, and Asylum]...

just wondering about that because it was the small details and things like that which did make my night and made the mazes a lot more memorable of an experience and gave me the value for my Knotts ticket [most haunts/mazes out here in Phoenix are hella expensive, not as personable on the scares, and pretty much amount to either chainsaw chases through corn/most of the maze or just a mix of so many different themes in one maze with generic costumes and props]... but I was just wondering because I kinda noticed a pattern through the mazes and it was all the small details of Knotts event that really made my night.

Also, I can now see why Elly gets those withdrawals... 2009 is so far away... but its going to be so much fun! I wonder what ideas they will come up with for new mazes?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Also, I can now see why Elly gets those withdrawals... 2009 is so far away... but its going to be so much fun! I wonder what ideas they will come up with for new mazes?

*twitches* seriously, the withdrawls suck! lol

so next year we're looking at at least 2 mazes gone (The Asylum and 13 Axe Murder Manor were both confirmed as leaving in a Knott's released YouTube video), and quite possibly up to 4 (i have my fingers crossed that Lost Vegas will be gone, and Quarantine is iffy since its a movie-studio backed maze...Beowulf only lasted one year, but it also was vastly inferior to Quarantine's quality).

and its the prospect of those new mazes and the return of mazes like Doll Factory and Labyrinth and Cornstalkers that keep me going

that and all the during-the-year events where dustin and i get to hang out with our monster friends
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quarantine will not be making a return so Kritter has to find a new home.

but yes, if we see that someone is truely scared or they try to hide it. We can totally and completely tell. They don't make eye contact, they wrap their arms around their body, they don't even look at the monster, they're holding onto someone else for dear life etc.

It's easy as pie

well, I would hate to see quarantine leave... but who knows... if they do a movie tie in next year its going to probably keep getting better and better each year!

As for some quick armchair imagineering... although no one knows what knotts has in store for new mazes until far into next year... its always fun to wonder what things we hope to see for next year

I would love to see Knotts expand the Killer Clown idea from just killer clowns to more of a circus theme with things like Sideshow Creeps, Freaks, Bearded Ladies, Ringmasters, and Killer Clowns to sorta make a Psychotic Sideshow type of maze it gives more ideas to exactly what could be done with that because a Killer Clown Kollege does not seem so twisted, dark, or even that wild [though the man in the cheerleader outfit outside the maze was pretty enteraining]... We didnt do Killer Clown College but frankly, most clown mazes are all the same, trippy walls, clowns, and 3d stuff everywhere... Seriously even ditching Killer clowns and making a maze on sideshow freaks would be something different.

Also, I can see why people hate Lost Vegas, so much dead walls with nothing to them... I would love to see Knotts try building a fun house type of maze in the bumper cars with spinning tunnels, walls of mirrors everywhere, false doors, disorienting lighting, huge things hung in front of you, air blasts, and other typical fun house gags except twisted and darker and of course in 3d with lots of monsters! Frankly I was not too impressed with Carnevil or the 2 mazes there but the clowns around Carnevil were amazing and made everything fun and scary! Maybe they could take inspiration from that Wonka's Candy factory movie and have evil orange faced monsters in a freaky fun house or something.

I am hoping they keep Cornstalkers, Doll Factory [because my friends girlfriend was too scared to do it and I wanted to see it], Labryinth, Club Blood, The Slaughterhouse [so I can man up and brave it for 2009], Pyromaniax, and Black Widows Cavern

as for that... I am hoping for new mazes on everything else!

• Can see my car from here

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    *twitches* seriously, the withdrawls suck! lol

so next year we're looking at at least 2 mazes gone (The Asylum and 13 Axe Murder Manor were both confirmed as leaving in a Knott's released YouTube video), and quite possibly up to 4 (i have my fingers crossed that Lost Vegas will be gone, and Quarantine is iffy since its a movie-studio backed maze...Beowulf only lasted one year, but it also was vastly inferior to Quarantine's quality).

and its the prospect of those new mazes and the return of mazes like Doll Factory and Labyrinth and Cornstalkers that keep me going

that and all the during-the-year events where dustin and i get to hang out with our monster friends
    If 13 Axe Murder Manor is leaving, I hope they will replace it with another "Haunted House" type of maze, with an emphasis on the supernatural. I mean, ya gotta have a haunted house, right?! I thought it provided a nice contrast to the other mazes.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Was it confirmed that asylum was just getting remodeled?? Also, i remember my TC saying that KCK was moving to where perilous Plunge is and a new maze is moving in underneath excellerator. I think Knotts will try to keep quarantine for another year just like they did for The Grudge 2. With the Playhouse being demolished hopefully they can figure out a maze in that corner. I really hope for a return of The Crypt Keeper... but i seriously doubt it.

well if Killer Clown Kollege is tentatively staying, then thats good since I love Clowns and sadly didnt get to see it this year since my one friend hates them and I hope Doll Factory is back since again someone didnt want to do Doll Factory.... but still the idea of a Clown College doesnt really strike me as something too interesting... at least clowns from outer space, or clown fun house seems a little more logical.

anyhow I am vowing that in 2009 no matter what group of people I go with and no matter what anyone in the group fears [including myself] we are hitting up every single maze even if someone in our group leaves the maze traumatized and in tears.

none of this doing only 7 out of the 13 mazes crap and hitting up some roller coasters and Johnny Rockets stuff next year [FYI Johnny Rockets totally wasted about an hour to 90 minutes that my sister and I could have been doing mazes like Doll Factory, 13 AMM, and KCK and probably could have fit in a funnel cake run on top of that... had my cell phone not died from driving across the desert from Phoenix and not having enough time to charge the battery at the hotel we would have done other mazes and them regrouped after that]

maybe my sister and I seriously need to find another group of people to go to Haunt with next year... and yes I will brave the Slaughterhouse and the Aliens if they come back since I am sure half the fun is doing the mazes based on things you deathly fear.

I dont know though... that Interview on the Knotts website with the maze designer Todd Faux [I was kinda shocked that mazes that disturbing are designed by someone so cute]... but in that interview he said that 13 axe murder manor is on its last leg as well as The Asylum... and he said it wasnt because they were not great mazes but because the age of the maze creates wear and tear with them setting it up and taking it down every year which does seem like a logical idea... but he said there was already ideas in store for Next year.... who knows... maybe they will take the pieces and remodel everything and do something similar but different but it was kinda confirmed those 2 are not coming back and I am kinda bummed since I didnt get to do 13 axe murder manor on my first trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

^picking who you take to Haunt with you is a huge part of one's night imho. if you take someone who wants to just go on Supreme Scream and Silver Bullet you are def. going to miss the better aspects of Haunt..the mazes and the street zones.
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

^^ Depends on the night. I'm usually very insistint we do Haunt only stuff, but going on a Sunday left us with more than enough time. We did every single maze at least once, saw the Hanging from the front row, and rode 3 coasters. The only tradition we nixed was our dinner at the BBQ place in the middle of the Ghost Town, and that was because we all had a late lunch and never got hungry.
    the
    I really wish they'd replace Doll Factory. It was weak and showing its age. One of the greatest signs in Haunt history, but the maze was just sad. Still, the worst maze I still say is Lost Vegas. Didn't work for me 2 years ago but others loved it. Retried it with a diff group this year and still nobody liked it. I like the song, but the maze is scareless and dull.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

i feel exactly the opposite of you tango, Doll Factory for me was one of the best, if not THE best maze at Haunt 2008, and other than the destruction of one of the doll faces on the outside sign (caused by unruly guests) i think it looked just as fabulous as it did last year....the maze it only in its 2nd year, i dunno how it could be "showing its age" yet. i did also see some damage in the freezer area of the maze, which was also caused by unruly guests according to the mazes talent
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

I agree.. doll factory is not "showing age". I dont even know what that would apply to. 13 axe is "showing its age" compared to doll factory.
    A haunt experience really depends on who you go with. If you go with someone who understands how it works then your get the ultimate haunt experience. I had 2 groups of friends go to haunt but chose to do rides and other "lesser" mazes than go on pyromaniax to see me.. which made me somewhat disappointed. Mostly the reason was because some members of the group didnt want to stand in a line compared to no line at Lost Vegas. Hopefully knotts continues to create unique mazes so you wont find repeated themes during haunt. Which is one reason I love going. Do you think blood bayou will return to the mystery lodge??

well... I think next year I am going to find a group of people to go with who do not want to mix in a 90 minute wait by doing Johny Rockets...my sister and I did Black Angus before to avoid that but splitting off from your group is not possible unless you have a working cell phone battery... that and I will be thinking of trying to plan time off earlier to do my Haunt trip near either the beginning or middle of the run.

So I am taking it that the best group of people to go with is people who have been before... and virgins are just unpredictable

Oh and what was Blood Bayou... it sounds like some backwoods Texas Chainsaw goes cajun type of thing... what exactly was it?

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    ^picking who you take to Haunt with you is a huge part of one's night imho. if you take someone who wants to just go on Supreme Scream and Silver Bullet you are def. going to miss the better aspects of Haunt..the mazes and the street zones.
    Exactly! This year I went with a larger group of friends than normal and the ones that had gone with me before understood that its mazes, scare zones and The Hanging first and rides only if there is time after. The ones that hadnt gone with me before were kind of upset that we didnt do "Ghost Rider" and any other rides but my thoughts are "We goto The Haunt FOR The Haunt. Ghost Rider is there all year long. We can do that anytime"

One of my friends who had never been before was happy that we pushed on and did all the mazes and scare zones. She felt that she had gotten her money's worth by seeing what makes Halloween Haunt so great.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast