Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    i kinda liked hacks last year. It wasnt the best show ever but it was entertaining. i seem to only remember the part where they are on the tricylces and the one dude rolls across stage yelling "Drive By!!" and shoots one of the cyclist. i found that to be mildly amusing... then again the shows at haunt are overshadowed by the many mazes and hanging... i think people ride the regular rides more than they want to watch a show.
    My friends and I always want to see the shows. Usually only the Ghoul Time because you get a good comedy show with showgirl numbers inbetween. And the audiences were always more full than empty. I know for myself, I welcome the Ghoul Time around one AM because by that time I have seen most of the mazes that I wanted to, seen the Hanging, and need a break from the crowds and a chance to sit down. Then when you get out of the show at 1:30, all the mazes have no lines so you can easily race through 2-3 on the way out of the park.

But with the American Idol Dead show, even the joy of getting off our feet wasn't enough to keep us in the seats. A stage show of bad celebrity acts with lame jokes and over half the cast pre-recorded and shown on the screens. I didn't attend last years, but I know that Hacks doesn't do well in a large venue. Improv thrives on intamicy. They need to put a showman back in there, not another actor with a bad Knotts script.

I am looking forward to going again this year as last year was my first year going. My friends even agreed that we have to go again this year, probably because last year they had a couple girls clinging onto them the whole time.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is the full info on the Burger King discounts....

http://micechat.com/forums/news/1033...formation.html
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Smile Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2008

I'm new to this forum and will also be visiting Knotts Scary for the first time this weekend, 10/4. Can anyone give me some good insider tips so I can get the most out of my time there? I am doing the package deal with the pre scare dinner, etc. Any tips would be appreciated!

Just read the Knotts Threads. There was recently one posted asking the same question.

• Minion

Tip #1. DONT bother with the rides. Maybe if your done with the mazes, but not till then. All rides are set to VERY LOW capacity and the lines are short, but VERY VERY slow.

Tip #2. Since your doing the dinner, hit the log ride and mine ride first. Those two are the most crowded attractions in the haunt.

Tip #3. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mzz View Post
    I'm new to this forum and will also be visiting Knotts Scary for the first time this weekend, 10/4. Can anyone give me some good insider tips so I can get the most out of my time there? I am doing the package deal with the pre scare dinner, etc. Any tips would be appreciated!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    Tip #2. Since your doing the dinner, hit the log ride and mine ride first. Those two are the most crowded attractions in the haunt.
    That's the best advice, right there.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    That's the best advice, right there.
    Wrong!!! that about the worst. Dont do log with the sun out. It shines into the caves and ruins the experience. Also, haunt just started and we have just barely gotten to our spots and had no time to prepare before we see people. I can only tell if theres people until they are infront of me.
    The only reason to do this is to aviod a line. Long Line= more logs
    If you can wait a little bit, wait an hour or so

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Well, I'm not going to get into a discussion about how talent should already be in position when the park opens but my advice, go on Mine Ride and Log Ride first. The lines, ESPECIALLY for Mine Ride, are catastrophic later on in the night and are not worth the long wait at all when there's a lot of better attractions at Haunt. If you see a chance to jump in a short line for the Mine Ride or the Log Ride later on in the night, go for it, but I doubt they'll be very short at all.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Wrong!!! that about the worst. ....

...I can only tell if theres people until they are infront of me.
    The only reason to do this is to aviod a line. Long Line= more logs
    If you can wait a little bit, wait an hour or so

I agree that light definitely ruins the experience to a degree, but it's a small price to pay when later in the evening the lines can get ridiculous.

You have a particularly bad spot along the route for visibility because you are on the inside of a tight corner. I understand that you guys have little time to prepare and all but don't they do a quick ride through before opening it to make sure all is in order?
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Thanks for all the tips! I've been hearing it's best to map out all of the best mazes before entering the park.

So my next questions are:

1.) Is there a way to get a map before I get there? Anything available online?

2.) Where can I find reviews of the best mazes for this year? Thanks!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I dont know if the map is online, anywhere.

Reviews can be found at UltimateHaunt.com
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

There are a few spots that im aware of that is ruined by the light because few talk about it.
    I havnt seen any park maps online... maybe i can take a picture of mine and post it.
    You can also go onto Themeparkadventure.com and read some reviews but its currently down for some odd reason.
    Best thing to do, if your HAVE to do the rides first, is to go on the mine ride since its all inside. And since its a long ride the sun has some time to set.

In preparation, we get to our spots and wait a few minutes as empty logs keep going and we have no idea when someone might hop into one. Usually our TC or the maintenance guy will ride thru to make sure everything is where it should be but its hardly a warning. But since the park isnt fully open there are empty logs throwing us off. I function much better knowing the next log will have people so i dont have to worry about making sure im starring at the corner revealing myself too much.

More great tips, thanks! I want to be fully prepared to get the most bang for buck!

"Best thing to do, if your HAVE to do the rides first, is to go on the mine ride since its all inside. And since its a long ride the sun has some time to set."

Sunset is at 6:30, and I think we get into the park right around that time, so hopefully after the mine ride, it will be dark enough for the log ride!

If someone could post a map, that would be great too!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast