Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2008

sooooo, i wanted my 5000th post to be about something i completely adore...and of course its Haunt

tomorrow Dustin and i leave for so cal and will be visiting Haunt 6 out of the 11 nights we're in so cal. Can't wait to see all our friends who work there, and watch them do what we love to see them do....scare the stuffin' outta the guests!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, i'm seriously OVERexcited about this
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Rides against injustice

I'm going to the Haunt tomorrow! I cant wait!!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Awesome, Elly - My wife and I are going to Haunt 4 times this year - We've had a great time the first 2 visits.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

they looked so real !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    haha if the rats were real in the maze. They would die in less the 5 minutes from all the fog that is pumped in there.

Halloween Haunt was great last night. I must say though that I was a tad disappointed with the "Quarantine" maze. The walk around guys werent really as scary as I thought they'd be. The detail in the maze was good though.
    Out of the NIGHT....

• Queen of Sarcasm

The Quarantine maze was pretty cool and I think it was the best new maze because there was a lot of detail in there. I was disappointed in the Cornstalkers maze though. I went through there twice and both times had like five monsters in there at most. I heard they have a pretty cool Wicked Witch thing in there but the both times I went through there was nobody in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    The Quarantine maze was pretty cool and I think it was the best new maze because there was a lot of detail in there. I was disappointed in the Cornstalkers maze though. I went through there twice and both times had like five monsters in there at most. I heard they have a pretty cool Wicked Witch thing in there but the both times I went through there was nobody in the area.
    See and in my expereince Cornstalkers was better because it was almost non stop and we did see the Wicked Witch. Oh well...and I agree the detail in Quarantine was really good
    Out of the NIGHT....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

that's the thing about haunt, it really does vary based on when you go thru the various mazes

we had completly awesome experiences in just about everything we went thru last night, but we went thru most of hte mazes twice, some 3 times....and each time its a different experience

i'm so glad we have the ability to go to Haunt 6 tgimes during the run this year...it really does make a cumulative difference

and we got introduced to Jack Falfas and Marty (i forgothislastname..but he's the president of Knott's) by one of our monster friends last night, they were both very happy to hear that we travel to haunt every years and said it's people like us that they keep doing haunt for every year

anyway....we're off to haunt again tonight!!! squeeee!
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Went last night and had a fabulous time. Sunday was a great choice because the crowds never got that bad. Usually, I am a stickler for Haunt stuff only at Haunt because there's never enough time, but this time we did every maze, saw the Hanging first row, and even went on Silver Bullet, Boomarang, and Sierra Sidewinder.

Best mazes have to be Asylum/Club Blood, Quarintine, and Alien Annihilation. Great scareactors and some clever use to hiding spots. Corn Stalkers was a great dissapointment, the actors were top-notch, but the maze was a little weak. Lost Vegas and Killer Klown Kollege were both vacant, scare-free, and cheap looking just as I found them last time I went. I kept hearing such great things about Lost Vegas that I assumed it was a fluke, but this year proves that the maze just doesn't work at all for me.

My hat goes off to one particular scareactor in Asylum. I believe he was in the morgue area sitting cross legged on a table/gurney thing. He had this nice childish/ape like quality of bouncing around in enjoyment and scurring along the floors after the girls in my group. Even going as far as to leap over beds to cut them off in the dorm scene. He made our night. Labrynth and the Slaughterhouse were completely unmemorable save one fun girl in Labrynth who danced with us, and Doll Factory was a bit empty and the security kept telling us to keep moving so we really didn't get to experience who girls doing their things.

All in all, it was a great experience though. Didn't notice any violence like I have in the past, and most of the actors, save Lost and Klown, were giving it their all. I just wish they could get the CarnEvil scarezone to be more of a scarezone and less of a wandering actors in bright light.

• Race Car Driver

ok we finally bought our tickets to the Haunt............
    We are going on the very last night, I am so very scared already...... however I cant wait to go
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

i hope you have a fantastic time Snacks, me and my husband might be there for the last weekend as well!
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i hope you have a fantastic time Snacks, me and my husband might be there for the last weekend as well!

Thanks Elly,
    I can hardly wait, Please keep me updated on your trips, I cant believe your going 6 times.... Thats alot ,I will be there on the 1st, thats it...... Do you think it will be even scarier on the very last night, or do you think the monsters will be so tired?

Snacks
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

they'll be tired, but there's a special bit of energy that comes about on the last night. i'll try and find out if The Gauntlet crew is doing their Death March on Halloween ngiht or on the 1st and let you know, we've never seen it, but apparantly its pretty dang cool.

i would still recommend getting the pre-scare buffet that night, just incase it is very crowded...there's a lot of debate weather or not it will be
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Here is one of the many reasons why i love Haunt..some video i shot on Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=1znLxXwNly0
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Well I am a haunt Virgin... I am going on the 24th of this month with my sister and we are taking a weekend trip from Phoenix to Cali to go do Haunt and Disneyland...

My sister has been to the Haunt before and she actually recommended doing it this time since we are going to Disneyland in October and will be down the street from the Haunt... So on this trip we are fitting Haunt into one of the nights... I wont lie though that I get scared easily but overall thats half the fun of Halloween and most scary things are fine with me since I dont gross out easily or get too freaked out with people scaring me... Well let me rephrase that... I dont get too freaked out until the chainsaws come roaring out and I heard the haunt is loaded with Chainsaws, I would also imagine there are plenty in that slaughter house maze since they mention chainsaws in the maze description... lol

But anyhow... does anyone have any tips or predictions as to how crowded it may be on friday the 24th.

I am so excited for that coming weekend since the only thing I am really having to buy for the trip is the Haunt tickets, Disneyland Tickets and whatever I spend in Cali

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast