Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Universal's Collapsing Bridge to return!

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    As a side note, I also saw Jim Carrey come out of the Bates motel dressed as Norman Bates! He put a fake body in the trunk of the car and came after the tram with a knife! Very cool!
    ha! that's completely awesome! they were doing stuff like that during HHN this last year and it was a good effect
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• My liver hurts!

Thank Goodness!!! I hope this is true cause I LOVE that part of the tram tour!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    I was on the USH tour today and saw work being done on the bridge. The water had been drained under it and some men were inspecting it. As a side note, I also saw Jim Carrey come out of the Bates motel dressed as Norman Bates! He put a fake body in the trunk of the car and came after the tram with a knife! Very cool!
    Hasn't Jim Carrey done that before? Just curious... I know they told stories of him doing things like that at the Bates Motel previously on the Studio Tour.

But about the Bridge, why did they take that off the Tour in the first place? I thought it was always a great portion of the Tour... catches sooo many people off guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    But about the Bridge, why did they take that off the Tour in the first place? I thought it was always a great portion of the Tour... catches sooo many people off guard!
    The hydraulics gave out and the Universal people didn't want to pay for the necessary repairs.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Addicted to MC since '08

Here is the article from screamscape.com. It is basically what we have all been talking about. No more new info.

Park News - (7/11/08) While long time visitors to Universal Studios Hollywood may recall that the old Collapsing Bridge that has been closed for the last several years after it was deemed to be just too old and expensive to maintain due to wear and tear issues. With the current Backlot Tour being so much shorter now due to last month’s fire we’ve heard that the park may be planning to finally repair and perhaps even rehab the Bridge to put it back on the tour at some point in the future. More on this as we find out.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post

Park News - (7/11/08) While long time visitors to Universal Studios Hollywood may recall that the old Collapsing Bridge that has been closed for the last several years after it was deemed to be just too old and expensive to maintain due to wear and tear issues. With the current Backlot Tour being so much shorter now due to last month’s fire we’ve heard that the park may be planning to finally repair and perhaps even rehab the Bridge to put it back on the tour at some point in the future. More on this as we find out.
    Now that I think about it, costs aren't going down anytime soon, so instead of building a new attraction I can see why they'd revive the Bridge. The fact that it says "may be planning" is positive, but also could mean that the repair and rehab may not happen.

Cursed horrible American Economy!

• Minion

Since when has the Collapsing Bridge been down? Also, how good of a show scene was it? When I went to USH in 2005, none of the show scenes on the backlot tour impressed me too much, except Kong, Kong was awesome. I thought the Red Sea parting was petty lame, it was just a river being drained.

By show scenes, I am referring to parts of the backlot tour such as the Jaws or Mummy part, where they try to make the set do something special, whether it was a shark jumping out or an illusion of a spinning tunnel.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    Hasn't Jim Carrey done that before? Just curious... I know they told stories of him doing things like that at the Bates Motel previously on the Studio Tour.
    Yes, the tram drivers talk about him doing that during the filming of the Grinch. Maybe this is what the poster was referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Since when has the Collapsing Bridge been down? Also, how good of a show scene was it? When I went to USH in 2005, none of the show scenes on the backlot tour impressed me too much, except Kong, Kong was awesome. I thought the Red Sea parting was petty lame, it was just a river being drained.

By show scenes, I am referring to parts of the backlot tour such as the Jaws or Mummy part, where they try to make the set do something special, whether it was a shark jumping out or an illusion of a spinning tunnel.
    I believe it's been since 2004/05 (ish).

As for how good it was ... you basically drove over it, and it gave the "Illusion" that it was collapsing via some hydraulics that would make you drop down about 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As for how good it was ... you basically drove over it, and it gave the "Illusion" that it was collapsing via some hydraulics that would make you drop down about 2 feet.
    And phony support beams would fall away, giving the illusion of the bridge disintegrating.

It wasn't a huge deal, but it helped show how things aren't always what they seem in a Hollywood studio, and it was a good little scare even if you were expecting it.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I went to Universal last Friday, and did see the signs of work on the bridge also. Areas of red "DANGER" tape around and cylinders likely for welding work probably being done. There was also a tractor behind the bridge. They stopped using the bridge probably about 2 or 3 years ago now. I hope they do bring it back!

I also saw "Norman Bates" come out of the Psycho House when we went by it! It was cool, but I could not tell if it was Jim Carrey. He seemed to catch the tram guide off guard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12