Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Magic Mountain closed attractions that you miss

I was reminiscing about this and thought I'd start a thread.

One of my favs is The Galaxy. It was that wacky ferris wheel type ride located where the current Buccaneer and Swashbuckler are. In fact those 2 rides sit in the footprint of where Galaxy used to be. They even use the same cue line building for both. There were so many maintenance issues with this ride, which led to its demise, but it was a fun ride.

El Bumpo. By far the best bumper boat ride EVER!

I could keep going but I wanna hear yours.

• That's Hawt

Re: Magic Mountain closed attractions that you miss

I miss Eagle's Flight and Sky Tower (it's never open )
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Functional & Decorative

I'm with you on the Galaxy. I loved that ride.

I missed the Magic Pagoda... literally... I never even got to ride it! Can anyone tell me what it was? I've been told a "funhouse", but any other specifics?

I was a huge fan of the Moutain Express, right by the entrance. Fortunately, I can still relive that one at Cedar Point (as Wildcat). And despite the uncomfortable restraints, I still liked Z Force (that space shuttle ship that went all the way around). The Jolly Monster was great. I still am fond of the Dragon, even though it was unbelievably slow. I didn't care for Spillikin Corners, so I'm actually somewhat glad that's gone now--just didn't fit in with the Magic Mountain vibe. I have great memories of the Sarejevo Bobsleds (a woman behind me was having her "boobies" crushed by the restraint, and being very vocal about saying so throughout the ride). And for some inexplicable reason, I loved Condor. Go figure.

But what do I miss the most? When Turbo was better known (and painted) as the Electric Rainbow. Ah. Those were the days.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

In 25 years of going to the park at least once per year I have NEVER ridden the Sky Tower. Weird.

I also miss Eagles Flight, but I do like Superman. The Metro is another one that I wish would come back. Sarejevo Bobsleds were cool, but they are now at SFOT so not a total loss there.

Most of all, I wish the way that Colossus and Psyclone USED to be. IE, good rides.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Ah yea, Mtn Express, with the lap bars than never QUITE went all the way down and you'd end up being lifted out of your seat as you went over the hills. WHEEEE!

METRO! Its so sad seeing the tracks and not having it to ride.

Eagles Flight, both of them!

I forgot about Z Force. It hurt like a mutha EVERY time I rode it, which is why I stopped.

Yea I too hate the renamed rides, and still call them by their old names. Electric Ranbow, Himalaya, Baile de los Flores, Swiss Twist. I miss Enterprise too.

I dunno why they dont have the tower open anymore. I heard it withstood the 94 quake just fine but I dont think it's been open since then. It looks like hell all peeling and in shabby shape.

OH, the Train to Trollywood. I LOVED that little train ride.

How about the Little Sailor Ride. I always wanted that in my backyard.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn
    I missed the Magic Pagoda... literally... I never even got to ride it! Can anyone tell me what it was? I've been told a "funhouse", but any other specifics?
    The Magic Pagoda was a walk thru attraction. You stared in a room where a statue done the same way at the singing busts in the Haunted Mansion. There was then a hall of mirrors, but it wasn’t much of a maze, but a two away glass had a monster jump out at you from time to time. Finally there was a room with rain drops that with use of a strobe light make them freeze in place.

There were a few other things, but I don’t remember them off the top my head.
    Last edited by ni_teach; 09-27-2005 at 07:09 AM.

• Colorado Bound?

I miss Spilikin Corners and the funnicular. Heck I miss the whole top of the mountain.

I'm joking about Spilikin Corners.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I miss Eagle's Flight and Sky Tower (it's never open )
    I used to have fun telling the elevator operator that I wanted to go down to the basement. Of coarse, he would say the elevator doesn't go any lower and there was no basement. I would tell him he was wrong because I had seen Kiss Meets The Phantom of The Park. They would always get this puzzled look.

My kids hate going places with me!

El Bumpo - when you turned the boat around and leaned forward you could spray your friends with a log of water.

Z-Force - oh the memories of that one.

I remember The magic Pagoda in bits and pieces...I remember a strobe room with a dragon that seemed to be circling above, and I also remember a waterfront type area, with things popping out of doors at you....

MUSASHI

• ZiGzAg [C.C.C.]

i wish i could have gone on the Saravejo Bobsleds and Shockwave...but noooooooooooo i wasnt even alive then aaaaaaaah @#$#^&$#& (sorry, those were my tourettes) but its ok...i guess

• Minion

I miss the original Great American Revolution, truly was one of the greatest steel roller coasters ever built. But after all the mods and trim brakes were added, it's now underwhelming and unrideable.
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    I miss the original Great American Revolution, truly was one of the greatest steel roller coasters ever built. But after all the mods and trim brakes were added, it's now underwhelming and unrideable.
    And your head bounces inside the over-the-head harness. I try to avoid this one whenever possible, which is a shame because I have some great memories of riding it as a kid.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jomo

I totally agree. Its like a totally different ride with that damn over the shoulder harness that kills (my god its JUST the Revolution for chrissake!). The only redeeming quality of it anymore is the click click click noise going up the first lift, at least that's still the same.

Something else I miss not ride related but food related are the chili dogs they used to have in like 1981. They were SO GOOD!

• Done and Gone

I miss mystic lake for some reason. I also miss the animal show where the Batman stunt show is now. I also remember a boat ride through a petting zoo which I saw on my first visit to MM. It was for kids only I think and if I remember correctly its where the Granny Grand Prix is now. (Not sure if its still called the Granny Grand Prix lol.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast