As you probably could guess, we have stayed in all the DLP hotels over the last 16 years and the HNY always was the best.
But I was shocked. We got less than a Holiday Inn for a Ritz Carlton rate.
- Check in was confused with queue jumping (rare in past)
- Bathtub tiles were moldy
- we were charged for minibar which we did not use (they rectified)
- Cleaning complaint every day
- Breakfast was ok
- They have reduced the number of characters they used to have
- The room service menu was greatly reduced with 2 items on it after 11pm!!!!! (used to be more)
- No turn down service any longer
- The one thing that really annoyed me was we had to fetch our own bags - despite them coming up to the room to get them (bell services used to sort it all for you - no help getting the bags to the car.)
- Manhatten restaurant closed and Parkside ruined as a stupid buffet.
- The refurb of the suite across from us started banging at 7am (thankfully we were already up for EMH, but I thought that was pretty poor to start so early)
We chose the HNY to have a nice service hotel to help with kids - room service, bell services, location etc.
The HNY has gone from being one of my favoured hotels in the world, to being a very disappointing experience. The park was awesome, best experience we have had since opening day. However, the hotel was one of the most disappointing experiences we have had at DLP. Not great.
Some very good points however -
- we had a castle view which was great for watching the fireworks from our room.
- the pool was excellent and they provide free water wings for kids (that is excellent)
- the breakfast was a good standard
- location is good, but that is a moot point as we park there often as Dream pass holders.
I am really sad because the Hotel New York used to be great, but now, not so much. It really is sad.