Which Partner hotel?

We are planning to travel to Paris in January 2010. We will be going to Paris DL, but are still deciding whether to just day trip, or spend a night at the resort. We have to work around Eurostart cheaper days, and availability or apartments in Paris. We will be in London for New Years.

I will be traveling with husband, and the offspring -son 17 and daughter 19. Can you recommend a cheap/value for money partner hotel. We don't need pools or whatever, just a comfortable room/rooms or small apartment with a shuttle to the resort.
    Last edited by tell no tales; 01-16-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Re: Which Partner hotel?

Wow! Better planning than me. I'm still trying to sort this out for January 2009! I'm also interested in people's opinions, plus my related question for folks is whether the partner hotels have the extra magic hours or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tell-no-tales View Post
    We are planning to travel to Paris in January 2010. We will be going to Paris DL, but are still deciding whether to just day trip, or spend a night at the resort. We have to work around Eurostart cheaper days, and availability or apartments in Paris. We will be in London for New Years.

I will be traveling with husband, and the offspring -son 17 and daughter 19. Can you recommend a cheap/value for money partner hotel. We don't need pools or whatever, just a comfortable room/rooms or small apartment with a shuttle to the resort.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The only hotels that offer the Extra Magic Hours are the official Disney hotels (unless you buy a Dream Annual Passport). So if EMH are important to you (bearing in mind you can do a lot in EMH) the Santa Fe is the cheapest option.

The cheapest off site hotel that has a shuttle and offers 1 room for 4 is the Kyriad, which is fine. If you want two rooms, then the eTAP in the Val De Europe is the best no frills option and is a 5 min train ride from the parks.

Personally, I think any short trips where DLP is a priority, staying on site with EMH is a better option than commuting from Paris (which can take an hour each way) and the trains have pick pockets.

Divide the trip, some time in the city, some at the resort. That's often my recommendation for Disney fans coming from half way across the world.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• World Traveler

We stayed at both the Newport Bay Club and at the nearby Dream Castle Hotel. The Dream Castle was by far superior at a lower price than Disney's own hotel, which is a shame.

Thanks for answering my questions

While I want to do extra magic hours, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the mega premium for it. My other half has points to use at one of the partner hotels, so we'll probably use those so we at least have a short commute. I wonder how bad the lines are to get in

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    The only hotels that offer the Extra Magic Hours are the official Disney hotels (unless you buy a Dream Annual Passport). So if EMH are important to you (bearing in mind you can do a lot in EMH) the Santa Fe is the cheapest option.

The cheapest off site hotel that has a shuttle and offers 1 room for 4 is the Kyriad, which is fine. If you want two rooms, then the eTAP in the Val De Europe is the best no frills option and is a 5 min train ride from the parks.

Personally, I think any short trips where DLP is a priority, staying on site with EMH is a better option than commuting from Paris (which can take an hour each way) and the trains have pick pockets.

Divide the trip, some time in the city, some at the resort. That's often my recommendation for Disney fans coming from half way across the world.

Thanks for your advise. We are considering 2 night at DLRP and 7 nights in Paris proper in an apartment. The kids went to DLR in 2001, and my Dh and I went agian in 2007, so a 2 or 3 day parkhopper should be plenty, and as we have teenagers, sleeping in may be preferable to EMH. We plan to be there in January, propbaly mid week, on about the 6th, so based on this year the crowds should be low. We just want a clean place to sleep, and cheap (for Paris) food.

Anyone stayed at the L'Eysee Val d'Europe?
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Empress of Randomness

Thanks for your advise. We are considering 2 night at DLRP and 7 nights in Paris proper in an apartment. The kids went to DLR in 2001, and my Dh and I went agian in 2007, so a 2 or 3 day parkhopper should be plenty, and as we have teenagers, sleeping in may be preferable to EMH. We plan to be there in January, propbaly mid week, on about the 6th, so based on this year the crowds should be low. We just want a clean place to sleep, and cheap (for Paris) food.

Yup I've stayed there. Its a nice hotel. They upgraded us to a suite because they gave us the wrong room. The staff are really friendly and there is a shuttle bus to DLP very frequently. Also when I was there, guests of Hotel L'Elysee were able to avail of EMH's. Its the only non-Disney hotel that has them.
    Also it means you get your Disney day, but can relax outside the resort at night. There's a nice Vietnamese restaurant there too.

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Thanks for answering my questions

While I want to do extra magic hours, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the mega premium for it. My other half has points to use at one of the partner hotels, so we'll probably use those so we at least have a short commute. I wonder how bad the lines are to get in
    Lines to get in are not too bad and you can buy tickets at the partner hotels too (I believe). EMH can be awesome though because walking on to Space Mountain is preferable to the 90 minute waits it can get on busy days (10 mins on quiet days).

Sleeping it at DLP is a BIG mistake, especially if short on time.

Please remember that DLP is different in many ways from the US resorts. Counter service is not fast food (we often wait 30 mins to be served and prefer to opt for table service dining (90min - 2 hour) dining experience. Also, service in the shops are much slower too.

There are less attractions at DLP than DL, so the queues can be longer. And there are lots of subtleties to explore. We went to DLP for 5 days in August and stayed on site with EMH and just about did everything (though that included swimming, nice dining and we have a 5 and 3 year old). Three days will just about be enough, but EMH is even better - honestly. So either allow more days without EMH or 3 days with EMH.

So with price not being a concern, which hotel is the nicest one to stay at?

So, there is no counter service at DLP? It's all table service? That kind of sucks. I don't want to spend 2 hours at dinner. We're only going to have about a day and a half at DLP when we go in May..... Maybe we just won't eat!
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

"Anyone stayed at the L'Eysee Val d'Europe?"

We have. it is very very nice.
    Somewhere on my blog, there are photos- www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com
    Search "disneyland paris"
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com