HELP! Best way to get from CDG to DLRP daily

I was very impetuous the other day and booked a week-long trip to Paris after Christmas. After the "deed was done" and I spent the non-refundable monies, I got to thinking about all I need to do. I'm stuck regarding rail passes.

I have no idea what to purchase. Because I am staying close to CDG airport, I thought it would be a convenient jumping on and off point to get to DLRP and Paris city center easily; however, now I am questioning my choice.

Here are my questions:
    1. Should I purchase three separate round-trip TVG passes from CDG to DLRP (Marne whatever)? Is there an easier, cheaper, yet quick way to get from CDG to DLRP each day? I plan to spend 3 days at the DLRP traveling back to my hotel near CDG each day.

2. If I purchase TVG passes for the first 3 days, should I purchase the more expensive 4 day rail pass for the remainder of my tour of Paris? Or, should I buy the cheaper Paris Visite pass that works in Regions 1-5? If I choose the the Paris visite pass, is that enough to get me from CDG to Paris each day?

I'm sure someone on this forums must have had a similar experience. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: HELP! Best way to get from CDG to DLRP daily

CDG is a long trip from central Paris and DLRP if you take the RER trains: 30 minutes from CDG to Paris (Chatelet/Les Halles Station), and based on my most recent experience pushing 1 hour to DLRP (Marne La Vallee). You have to transfer trains RER B to RER A while in Paris when traveling to DLRP and it may be cumbersome if you have any little ones since the subway tunnels stations are full of long corridors with numerous flights of steps, and distance between stations may be far. I recommend the TGV which whisks you from CDG to the resort in 10 minutes. Of course the best option would have probably been to stay closer to the city or resort; the extra prices make up for the hassle of getting up early in order to commute to the sights.
    Last edited by malice; 09-12-2008 at 04:46 PM.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Banned User

Also... if I may add a question for you malice... what's the best way to get from Orly to DLRP?

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Also... if I may add a question for you malice... what's the best way to get from Orly to DLRP?
    i don't know. i have not traveled from orly.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Hi Malice,

I'm taking my family to DL tomorrow (left it a bit late I know) and have just read your post saying that you can get the TGV from CDG to DL. We are staying in Bussy St Georges, a couple of stops from DL so presumably we can get the TGV to DL and then the RER from there. My question is, what is the difference between TGV and RER, other than speed, is TGV very expensive?

I've tried looking up prices online but have found it very confusing.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you see this before we go.

Louise
    p.s. I shall cross post as a new thread to cover all my bases