One day for Disneyland Paris

I am an Australian Disneyland fan and feel myself very fortunate to have been able to take my kids to California when they were small and to Tokyo two years ago.
    This holiday to Paris is just for my husband and myself. He thinks he has done enough Disneyland but to make me happy will go for one day.
    After reading the reviews on trip advisor I have to admit I am very nervous about dragging him to DLP and it being a big disappointment!

The day we have available to go is a Friday when the park opens at night for Mickeys Not So Scary Party. (I know this is aimed at children but it still will give us extra time in the park)

I know this is a forum of Disneyland fans but I need some reassurance I guess.

We will have to leave our appartment early on the Friday morning, travel by public transport and check into a hotel close to Disney then make our way into the park. Where do you think we should stay??
    The following morning we need to check out.

Should we buy the Not So Scary Party tickets ahead of time?

Thanks for any and all advice!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: One day for Disneyland Paris

Hello Dreaming. We just had a similar discussion this week which I'd encourage you to read: One Day In Disneyland Paris?

I'll also move this thread to our DLP travel planning section so you'll get the best help on the subject.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disneyland Paris is WONDERFUL, especially at Halloween.

There are several great hotels at Disneyland Paris (DLP), it all depends on what you can afford. Disneyland Hotel is the most expensive and literally on Main Street. There are several more just a short walk away. I like both the Sequoia and the New York.

The thread that I linked you to above has a great potential schedule for you and some dining options.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Smile Re: One day for Disneyland Paris

Thanks Dusty!

Just a question, does anyone have a rough idea of what a taxi would cost us from Montmartre to Disneyland?
    Might be too expensive to contemplate but the though of lugging my baggage across Paris on public transport before I check into a hotel and then into the park sounds rather exhausting!

• Senior Minion

Having had experience of Parisian taxis, I would not recommend one. However the RER train network is surprisingly hassle-free and the DLP station takes you almost to the park gates. From there you can book into a Disney hotel or else book into any hotel along the RER route and catch the train right into the heart of the magic.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Just a question, does anyone have a rough idea of what a taxi would cost us from Montmartre to Disneyland?
    Might be too expensive to contemplate but the though of lugging my baggage across Paris on public transport before I check into a hotel and then into the park sounds rather exhausting!
    It hurts even me to think what a taxi would set you back for that ride! But as Nathan said, the RER is usually quite a comfortable mode of transportation. You could take line 2 on the Metro from Montmartre and switch to the RER at Nation, or, if you want to avoid the hectic metro, take a taxi to that station.

Once on Disney property, buses will take you to your hotel, and if you don't book a Disney hotel (but rather one in Val d'Europe, Bussy Saint Georges, Torcy or any other town along the line,) you could take a taxi from the station to your hotel. It would still be a heck of a lot cheaper.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

A cab from Montmarte would run you between $75 and $150 with over an hour's drive, and many heart attacks. I recommend you use the public transport.

DLP is far more beautiful than Tokyo and on a grander scale than California, but with less attractions and poorly perceived customer service. However one of the real cultural brilliance points of DLP is there are people from all over Europe, so it feels very cosmopolitan (which I think scares some people). Maintenance is nowhere near as good as Calfornia or Tokyo.

However, the dining and attraction qualities are superior.

Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder, It's a Small World, Adventure Isle, Space Mountain all feel like entirely new versions because in most cases they are the very best.

Add in the castle and the dragon in the dungeon, Alice's Curious Labyrynth, the Nautilus, and the great table service dining options, and a fab parade, it is worth while.

I think it is far better than the MK in Florida and rivals California for my love of 1st place.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Do visit, even if it is for one day! DLP is really beautiful. Despite the lack of maintance in some areas (although much has improved the last two years) and CM that aren't always smiling (although it doesn't really bother me as European). But if you are aware of these things, I am sure you will enjoy yourself as a Disney fan.

Regarding the hotel. it all depends on your budget. The on-site hotels (Disneyland hotel, Hotel New York, Newport Bay, Sequoia Lodge, Sante Fe and Cheyenne) go from very pricey to reasonable priced. I personally prefer Hotel New York.

Then you have the semi-on site hotel (Vienna dreamcastle etc). Which are more reasonable priced, but are also a little less easy to reach bij RER, there are good busses though.

Around Val d'' Europe (one stop by RER) are also some hotels, plus a very large shopping mall with the same name. On of the cheapest options here is the Etap hotel: Cheap hotel in MONTEVRAIN: ETAP HOTEL Marne la Valle Val d'Europe This hotel is directly next to the RER-station, about 3 minutes away from DLP.

You could choose to buy a one-day-hopper pass. You can then visit DLP and WDS.
    But I would spend the most of my time at DLP.

Hey,

You really should visit Disneyland Paris.it is a beautiful park. And very easy to reach by public transport. I highly recommand this!

True, the park is not too good in their customer service but the scenery ans some restaurant are great. As well as their versions of som well kwon rides. They really are good.....

I got an album in my profile. It has got some pics from last May in it. You can have a peak what to expect. Enjoy! And enjoy your visit.

Take care, Niels