Taxi costs and other helps

Hi there!
    My name is Violet and I will be travelling with 3 other friends to DLP. Our chosen hotel is the Mercure Tour Eiffel in Paris and unfortunately, this attraction is a last minute addition to our trip.
    So we can't cancel our hotel (plus we're going to Amsterdam the next day via train)

I'd like to know:

• how much is a taxi ride from Paris to DLP? 60 Euro? 70 Euro?
    • Cheaper by train or by taxi?
    • Can we get a taxi from DLP back to the hotel? At night? We want to watch the night fireworks.
    • Any taxi companies you can recommend us in Paris?
    • None of us speaks French, so would it be a major trouble in DLP? When speaking with staff for questions and such?
    • Are the attractions all in French? Or are some in English as well?
    • I read in a review by someone in another site, and they noted that there's rarely any characters coming out for photos. Is this true?
    • Also, Disney Dreams, what time does it start and finish?
    • Is December a busy time for rides? We're going on the 12th.

Thank you,
    Violet C

• Not here to help

Re: Taxi costs and other helps

Just take the train. It´s cheaper for sure. If you are 4 persons perhaps you could share a taxi just to avoid sitting besides people with unpleasant body odours. Some guests in DLP come from places where the use of deodorant is considered gay. I´m not kidding.

Some things are in english some are not. You´ll get the most of it anyway. Most people in France speak english but some pretend they don´t.

My tip for the visit is to start at the left side of the park. Most people tend to walk to the right. Discoveryland is a great way to end the visit.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-25-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Bongka123 View Post
    Hi there!
    My name is Violet and I will be travelling with 3 other friends to DLP. Our chosen hotel is the Mercure Tour Eiffel in Paris and unfortunately, this attraction is a last minute addition to our trip....

• how much is a taxi ride from Paris to DLP? 60 Euro? 70 Euro?
    • Cheaper by train or by taxi?
    • Can we get a taxi from DLP back to the hotel? At night? We want to watch the night fireworks.
    • Any taxi companies you can recommend us in Paris?
    • None of us speaks French, so would it be a major trouble in DLP? When speaking with staff for questions and such?
    • Are the attractions all in French? Or are some in English as well?
    • I read in a review by someone in another site, and they noted that there's rarely any characters coming out for photos. Is this true?

In April, at the taxi stand, I was quoted IIRC 90 for a late taxi back to the city which more than triple what the train costs each way for a group of four. The taxi stand wait can be long, too. I believe the train fare earlier this year was €7,10 adult fare, €3,55 child fare per person, each way. If you take the train, note the final train departure times. The last one when we went was around 12:30 a.m. give or take a few minutes. Miss that last train and the taxis will charge you more. Or so I was told. We DID catch the last train back to central Paris even after watching the fireworks and the castle laser show. This link has a good RER/Metro guide written in 2008. Not much has changed since. RER Train Paris to Disneyland® Paris | Paris by Train [If you are a visual learner, here's a good youtube video someone made: How to get to Disneyland Paris on the Metro - English (HD) - YouTube)

We speak no French and got along very well. However, try to keep a handful of phrases at the tip of your tongue. Hello, goodbye, thank you, please, do you speak English? and my favorite "je vous dre" ("I would like", after which you can stutter and stammer and point and still get what you want) Signs all over have both English and French, and most, if not all, of the restaurants have menus in English.

I didn't see characters as frequently as I do in California, but we saw some.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    My tip for the visit is to start at the left side of the park. Most people tend to walk to the right. Discoveryland is a great way to end the visit.
    But watch out for early ride closing times! Last time I was there, Autopia closed several hours before the rest of the park. So did the Alice maze.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Just a little addition Violet, all the cast members have badges on that state what language they speak, and they all seem to have English.

If you want to see characters, a good place is Disneyland Hotel around meal times (I believe), you can pop out/in to the park at any time.

Ride Closures - December 2012

Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups - 1st to 7th
    Space Mountain: Mission 2 - 1st to 7th
    Autopia - 3rd to 5th, 10th to 12th, 17th to 19th
    Armageddon: Les Effets Speciaux - 3rd to 5th, 10th to 12th, 17th to 19th
    Captain EO - 5th to 7th, 12th to 14th, 19th to 21st
    Casey Jr. – Le Petit Train du Cirque - 5th to 7th, 12th to 14th, 19th to 21st
    Le Pays des Contes de Fées - 5th to 7th, 12th to 14th, 19th to 21st
    Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - 10th to 14th
    River Rogue Keelboats - Closed