Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829365176 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Many CMs do but some don't.I think it's about the same, if not more, in DL than WDW.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

VERY true on the sweepers having good pins. I got two of the hidden mickey Lunchbox pins from one sweeper last month and she also had 2 of the bowling pins on her lanyard. If I'd known that people were looking for those (I'm talking to you mean Frontierland person with the bulletin board) I might have traded more with her to get them.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Also good are the suits and bigwig looking people. They usually have great pins BUT we try not to interrupt if they look busy!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Also good are the suits and bigwig looking people. They usually have great pins BUT we try not to interrupt if they look busy!
    Why not? They work for US! haha!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Why not? They work for US! haha!
    LOL yeah. i just feel bad interrupting something that might be important. Like if I see a CM hurrying, I always think that he must be on his way to a break so I won't disturb him. It's just a rule that Jeff and I have, one of the ways we keep ourselves from becoming a crazy pin trader who ill do anything for a pin
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Shablagoo!

WHOA! the What's HapPINing blog has posted several pins from next summer's pin event, the O-Pin House. As you may know it is a Haunted Mansion event. Here is a link to check out some nice stuff.

What's HapPINing?

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by JediMelmac View Post
    Do not all of the CM's wear pin lanyards at DL? By the way everyone is chatting, only some CM's have them? At WDW, almost all of the CM's wear them with the exception of restaurant and ride workers. I have traded with a janitor in the loo! I have had nice conversations with Dream Team members while trading pins (hoping they will give me some freebies - doesn't work, btw ). Even some of the upper crust management
    I found that the street sweepers/janitors usually have decent pins, I think because no one thinks to trade with them.
    Hey JediMelmac,

Not every CM at DLR wears a pin lanyard. By my very, very rough estimate, I'd say that not even 50% of them have one and the number is even lower at DCA. Even at the pin shops, you'd think that the majority of them would have pin lanyards but many do not.

• Banned User

Like if I see a CM hurrying, I always think that he must be on his way to a break so I won't disturb him. It's just a rule that Jeff and I have, one of the ways we keep ourselves from becoming a crazy pin trader who ill do anything for a pin
    FOR SURE! I never want to be one of those people. Ick! Being that I'm just starting, I would never want to be annoying. It would make me feel too guilty to enjoy a pin I might obtain! ha!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Hey JediMelmac,

Not every CM at DLR wears a pin lanyard. By my very, very rough estimate, I'd say that not even 50% of them have one and the number is even lower at DCA. Even at the pin shops, you'd think that the majority of them would have pin lanyards but many do not.
    Yeah... i think if you're working in a pin store you should be required to wear pins!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

LOL yeah. i just feel bad interrupting something that might be important. Like if I see a CM hurrying, I always think that he must be on his way to a break so I won't disturb him. It's just a rule that Jeff and I have, one of the ways we keep ourselves from becoming a crazy pin trader who ill do anything for a pin
    (Bolded is mine). This reminded me of a year back when I took a tour in Magic Kingdom at WDW called Keys to the Kingdom. They take you into the Utilidors (the underground tunnels of Magic Kingdom) and I saw 3 workers heading in for their breaks and one of them had incredible pins on their lanyard! Arrrggghh! I was sooo tempted but the tour guide was speaking and the guy was clearly on his break - my cousin elbowed me as I must have had the googly-eye "must trade pins" look in my eye. It was hard to give up that lanyard!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

We have a funny "CM rushing somewhere" story too. On our trip last year, my daughter started doing the pin trading. Towards the end of the week, she was getting more courageous about asking CM's to see their lanyards, which had its benefits, but also had a few drawbacks. The most difficult of which was when we would be on our way to a ride and realize we lost her back at a different ride that had a greeter CM with pins on!!

One afternoon, we were crossing the hub when a CM was zipping past us and my daughter saw his pins and said "can I see your pins?" I told her that he was obviously busy and to just let him get on his way. He said he always has time for kids and stopped and talked with her for a moment. She ended up not wanting any pins from him and I lightheartedly said "you can go back to wherever it was you were rushing to, thanks!" We continued on to Tomorrowland and I turned back to find my girl quite a ways behind me. With a big grin on her face. Turns out the CM started to walk away but then came back and found her and gave her one of those "one for you and one to give" Tinker Bell sets. Yeah, she was happy. Of course, to her it meant 2 more traders as she had traded for that same pin earlier that same day with a DVC cart CM.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ahhhhh!!!! WANT!!!!! WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!!!

Mardi Gras 2009 - Jester Mickey and Medallion

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• E T1CK3T

But did you see that they're bringing the Pieces of Disney History series to Disneyland??? That's so cool! But why are they starting with Autopia... that's gonna be a good series.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the heads up Pengy. I did not know the site had updated. Did everyone see the Retro collection pins that are coming in Januray? If not here is the Haunted Mansion pin.

Disneyland® Retro Collection - The Haunted Mansion® Attraction

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    But did you see that they're bringing the Pieces of Disney History series to Disneyland??? That's so cool! But why are they starting with Autopia... that's gonna be a good series.
    I'm very interested in the series and don't really care which attractions get featured but I don't like that the edition sizes are only 1000.