Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

And we are both getting some great deal on eBay!!
    I KNOW! Great deals!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    It started for me with those cursed Trash Can pins. And Janine, it IS crack and Ebay is the best dealer.
    Those are SO cute, Liane. I love your trash can pins. I thought of you last night and how the first time I came to your house, you brought out a huge book of pins. (I am sure that was not half of them...am I right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Pffft, I like my dealer a whole lot better than ebay. I don't have to worry about broken pins or scrappers with him.
    True, but, I do go to Pinpics each time I see a pin I like. If I can't find it there....I pass on it. All the ones I got this weekend were on Pinpics. And, if any are broken...some heads are gonna roll! (I heard about the crap pins....and, isn't Pinpics the best source to be sure they are alright?)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I might be interested in some of those 50th pins as I didn't start my pin collection back then.
    If I don't trade them...I will let you know!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    True, but, I do go to Pinpics each time I see a pin I like. If I can't find it there....I pass on it. All the ones I got this weekend were on Pinpics. And, if any are broken...some heads are gonna roll! (I heard about the crap pins....and, isn't Pinpics the best source to be sure they are alright?)
    That is a good plan. Pinpics and Dizpins are the best sources of information to check for scrappers. The problem is that many scrappers are extremely difficult to validate. In many cases they come from the same plants that made the official pins. One thing to look for in your pins is a gasoline like rainbow shine and smell. Dizpins does have a list of commonly "scrapped" pins. The Hidden Mickeys for example are very common as are mystery sets.

Usually the pins with elements like dangles, 3D, or such are not scrapped because of the added cost to produce them.

• Banned User

That is a good plan. Pinpics and Dizpins are the best sources of information to check for scrappers. The problem is that many scrappers are extremely difficult to validate. In many cases they come from the same plants that made the official pins. One thing to look for in your pins is a gasoline like rainbow shine and smell. Dizpins does have a list of commonly "scrapped" pins. The Hidden Mickeys for example are very common as are mystery sets.

Usually the pins with elements like dangles, 3D, or such are not scrapped because of the added cost to produce them.
    Thank you SO much for the tips, Anthony! I need every tip I can get. I'd DIE of embarrassment at DL if I tried to trade and they told me the pin was crap! ha!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Thank you SO much for the tips, Anthony! I need every tip I can get. I'd DIE of embarrassment at DL if I tried to trade and they told me the pin was crap! ha!
    Well hopefully before you go back we can meet and I can look at what you have and see if I can spot any.

• Banned User

Well hopefully before you go back we can meet and I can look at what you have and see if I can spot any.
    True. If we have a NW meet up, I will bring them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I trade strictly with cast members, and they can not refuse to trade with you. Just make sure that you have an official Disney pin. I have bought some inexpensive pins, and I buy them strickly to trade. I'm in it for the fun. I do purchase some pins that I like, when I visit the parks, but trading is an enjoyable part of each of my vacations

The place that I buy my traders from is mousepinsonline.com. The pins are very inexpensive. You can purchase they individually, or they have grabbags.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-09-2008 at 12:43 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I trade strictly with cast members, and they can not refuse to trade with you. Just make sure that you have an official Disney pin. I have bought some inexpensive pins, and I buy them strickly to trade. I'm in it for the fun. I do purchase some pins that I like, when I visit the parks, but trading is an enjoyable part of each of my vacations

The place that I buy my traders from is mousepinsonline.com. The pins are very inexpensive. You can purchase they individually, or they have grabbags.
    Thanks for the website, Barbaraann!!! I will check it out tonight.

I think trading will be fun too. It was fun when my friend gave me pins to trade in June. That really was SO fun. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Shablagoo!

Well the pin trading event in WDW ended a couple days ago. One thing that got revealed was next years Disneyland Pin event. It's theme...the Haunted Mansion.
    It will be called the Haunted Mansion Opin House. Some of the designs were shown and they are fantastic. Hatbox Ghost fans are going to love it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

So who's going to the Nightmare Before Christmas pin event this saturday? I really hoped to be able to go but I'm afraid other time commitments will keep me from doing so. Anyone willing to help out?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    So who's going to the Nightmare Before Christmas pin event this saturday? I really hoped to be able to go but I'm afraid other time commitments will keep me from doing so. Anyone willing to help out?
    Are they going to release those pins as well? Or is it exclusive to just Saturday? I can't make it Saturday (celebrating my B-day with family), but there's one pin I'd like to have. Unfortunately, I'm thinking they'll only be available Saturday.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

We have plain and unplain ones LOL. The plain have come from Kohl's and the fabric from Kohl's, Target and the Internet Here's what my collection looked like before I moved (with a bunch of pins I hadn't put up yet)

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    Are they going to release those pins as well? Or is it exclusive to just Saturday? I can't make it Saturday (celebrating my B-day with family), but there's one pin I'd like to have. Unfortunately, I'm thinking they'll only be available Saturday.
    Well they will be available until they sell out, which may be Saturday or later. I'd say the sets will sell out, but some of the singles may last a day or 2.

• E T1CK3T

Well they will be available until they sell out, which may be Saturday or later. I'd say the sets will sell out, but some of the singles may last a day or 2.
    Cool... I'll be there Sunday, so maybe I'll get lucky!

• Banned User

Is there a preview of them online somewhere? And, can you order them on DelivEARS?

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast