•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    But I'll be there!

I know, I know, not quite the same.
    Aww! Not the same but I am excited to meet you! Are you playing in the rally?

The only pins I really want are the CM lanyards from March and April - the Peter Pan and Little Mermaid ones. I think the Pan ones I can buy too - I want those Tink balloon ones too. I think it's the rush and the fun and the pretty sparkly pins that I am missing lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post

The only pins I really want are the CM lanyards from March and April - the Peter Pan and Little Mermaid ones. I think the Pan ones I can buy too
    Peter Pan? Are they on Pinpics yet?? I'd LOVE to have those. I collect Peter Pan. Where can I find the Peter Pan pins? Do tell!
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 05-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Aww! Not the same but I am excited to meet you! Are you playing in the rally?

The only pins I really want are the CM lanyards from March and April - the Peter Pan and Little Mermaid ones. I think the Pan ones I can buy too - I want those Tink balloon ones too. I think it's the rush and the fun and the pretty sparkly pins that I am missing lol
    Ermmm...yes, sort of, not really. I'll explain in a PM.

Btw, when I went last Monday, they were sold out of the Peter Pan mystery pouches. And unfortunately when do they get them in, not all CM's know what's inside. I bought one a few weeks ago and asked whether it was the Peter Pan chess pieces or Small World children. The cashier said he had no idea and I ended up with the latter.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Btw, when I went last Monday, they were sold out of the Peter Pan mystery pouches. And unfortunately when do they get them in, not all CM's know what's inside. I bought one a few weeks ago and asked whether it was the Peter Pan chess pieces or Small World children. The cashier said he had no idea and I ended up with the latter.
    Bleeeeh. What stinks is that this is such a quick and busy trip that we won't have time for any real pin trading or hunting Hopefully they'll have the pan ones in by this weekend
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Waiting Since 1992

I'm totally new to the Pin Trading/Collecting. I have no idea how many pins I own, but probably less than 15. I buy them because I like to collect small, cute, shiny objects, LOL. Also, I'm pretty particular in the ones I collect and I'll probably never trade the ones I own. I only have a DOnald one at this point and the rest are princesses. OH! I also have a Pirate's dubloon.

I'm pretty overwhelmed looking at sites like DizPins and PinPics. I. Had. No. Idea. Collecting/trading was so huge.

I hope to get my greedy little paws all over the 40th Anniversary HM pins, the Splash Mountain 20th Ann. pins, the Matterhorn and BTMRR pins.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the insane world of pins Sara! Yup, I was one of those people who said they would NEVER get into that silly pin stuff... I'm up to 74 (two more D23 pins on order) pins now I think... so far... I've only slowed down because I've had to focus (and spend money) on our daughters wedding. And yup... it can be daunting and scary how much is out there. But it sounds like you've got a good grip on it... get ones you like, and collect because you enjoy them.

Here's my collection:

Pin Pics: Pin Search Results

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Welcome to the insane world of pins Sara! Yup, I was one of those people who said they would NEVER get into that silly pin stuff... I'm up to 74 (two more D23 pins on order) pins now I think... so far... I've only slowed down because I've had to focus (and spend money) on our daughters wedding. And yup... it can be daunting and scary how much is out there. But it sounds like you've got a good grip on it... get ones you like, and collect because you enjoy them.

Here's my collection:

Pin Pics: Pin Search Results
    You have such a neat collection! Do you trade at all? LOL, I'm not after any of them but I was just curious about how you approach trading. I've never actually traded at DL, just looked. It is a bit intimidating.

Hey,thanks for greeting me BTW!

Oh, and congrats on your daughter's impending marriage. You know the saying, "A son is a son until he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter all of her life!" My mom and I had a blast planning my wedding last year, but we were soooo glad when it was all over. Enjoy it!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thank you! It has become an obsession... I haven't done any trading up to this point. I just collect. But someday I may get a bunch of traders from eBay (but you have to be way careful about getting scrapper pins), and try it. But I think I'll mostly just stick to collecting and putting them in shadow boxes and frames.

And thanks for the congrats! Its been crazy and there is still so much to do... but I know in the end we'll pull it off one way or the other.

I hope.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    I'm totally new to the Pin Trading/Collecting. I have no idea how many pins I own, but probably less than 15. I buy them because I like to collect small, cute, shiny objects, LOL. Also, I'm pretty particular in the ones I collect and I'll probably never trade the ones I own. I only have a DOnald one at this point and the rest are princesses. OH! I also have a Pirate's dubloon.

I'm pretty overwhelmed looking at sites like DizPins and PinPics. I. Had. No. Idea. Collecting/trading was so huge.

I hope to get my greedy little paws all over the 40th Anniversary HM pins, the Splash Mountain 20th Ann. pins, the Matterhorn and BTMRR pins.
    Sara, if there are any specific pins you're looking for, LMK, and I can try to pick them up this weekend for you!

I have probably 250 pins, at least? Along with Jeff's... yeah. I need to take pics of them! I have extra ones I use as traders - mostly I buy them off ebay. The Disney Store used to be a great palce too. I also only trade with CMs... a lot less intimdating nad less likely you'll get ripped off You jsut ask a CM if you can see his/her pins, and if you want ot trade, ask. You can trade 2 pins per lanyard. The teal are for kids only, but all other colors are ok for adults.

I'm a little obsessed
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Waiting Since 1992

Sara, if there are any specific pins you're looking for, LMK, and I can try to pick them up this weekend for you!

I have probably 250 pins, at least? Along with Jeff's... yeah. I need to take pics of them! I have extra ones I use as traders - mostly I buy them off ebay. The Disney Store used to be a great palce too. I also only trade with CMs... a lot less intimdating nad less likely you'll get ripped off You jsut ask a CM if you can see his/her pins, and if you want ot trade, ask. You can trade 2 pins per lanyard. The teal are for kids only, but all other colors are ok for adults.

I'm a little obsessed
    Wow! 250! Yeah, I'd love to see picks of the huge collection. Thank you so much for offering to find me some pins. That is too kind of you. Unfortch, I prolly should use all my disposable income for bills, booooo! You know how that goes. Anyway, I can't wait to see if you pick up any new ones while you're there!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hi Sara, welcome to our little thread not to mention the world of pin collecting!

I have somewhere around 180 pins, I think. Trading with CM's in the parks isn't intimidating at all. My best trades however have been with people on Pinpics and Dizpins.

A few of us regulars in this thread are Disneyland locals so if there are ever new releases that you'd like, just let us know. On average I go around once a month...no wait, this Sat. will be my 10th trip of the year so more like twice a month.

• Waiting Since 1992

Hi Sara, welcome to our little thread not to mention the world of pin collecting!

I have somewhere around 180 pins, I think. Trading with CM's in the parks isn't intimidating at all. My best trades however have been with people on Pinpics and Dizpins.

A few of us regulars in this thread are Disneyland locals so if there are ever new releases that you'd like, just let us know. On average I go around once a month...no wait, this Sat. will be my 10th trip of the year so more like twice a month.
    Thank you for being so kind!

Have you posted your collection here??

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I'm more of a collector, too. The only time we've actually traded was with a few CMs when we were at WDW. I suppose because those pins were sometimes different from the ones we'd see at 'home' at DL.
    The problem is I buy the pins I like and then I don't want to trade them, I want to keep them! I do love the pins. I need to find a good way to display them, though.
    I'd love to see pics of everyone's collections. I could post mine too.
    Who will be at the meet on Sunday?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I'm more of a collector, too. The only time we've actually traded was with a few CMs when we were at WDW. I suppose because those pins were sometimes different from the ones we'd see at 'home' at DL.
    The problem is I buy the pins I like and then I don't want to trade them, I want to keep them! I do love the pins. I need to find a good way to display them, though.
    I'd love to see pics of everyone's collections. I could post mine too.
    Who will be at the meet on Sunday?
    Here's an old post... Your pin collection Not all pics work but most still do. My collection has grown soooo much! I'll post pics next week.

I'll be at the meet
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• E T1CK3T

Hey Sara! Welcome to the wacky world of pin trading and collecting! I JUST added more of my pins yesterday into my arrangements in shadowboxes and got an up to date count of 211 pins that I now own (I took pics of all my arrangements of pins, so I'll post those at some point, hopefully soon). Most I bought... expensive... lol. But some I've traded for with CMs, which is fun because its like a small accomplishment finding a certain pin that you'd like to have and getting it.

I'm also one of those local Dland visitors that trys to go once a week lol. So if you need anything from the park, just let us know! Hopefully we'll be able to help you!

Have fun!
    :oD