Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 285368757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1186

Angry Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I had not got the Rivers of America pin yet, and it was suppose to be here between the 15th and the 20th. So I emailed them...Oh gee sorry... we couldn't get the pin as you know and we've been on vacation and haven't been able to refund anyone yet...
    Let me top this. I did a 'Buy it Now' for this pin on July 12th and yesterday I sent a message to the seller asking if it was shipped. The seller responds this morning:

"as you know, these pins were pulled by disney and will be sending you a full refund...thanks"

As I know?!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

I know... I totally freaked out. I was not pleasant in my correspondence with my seller. But I've calmed down now and realize in the greater scheme of things... its just a pin. Ok, so I won't get this one. *shrugs* Not the first time, and I'm sure won't be the last time I didn't get my hands on an LE pin I wanted. I don't like losing control like that over a "thing." Its just... well its just weird, and I can't believe I went there but I did. I sent the seller an apology for my horrendous behavior over a silly pin... and I'm thinking I need to focus more on my postcard collection since that seems to lower my blood pressure instead of raising it!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

^Postcards are a great thing to collect! I have noticed that there are getting to be less and less at Disneyland, but at least there are new ones every once in a while! Relatively inexpensive too! And of course there are subjects outside of Disney all over the world, too.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I think I have about 500 postcards so far. My daughter has the Disney ones, and the ones I have range from early 1900's to 40's, specifics like Mexico, Northwest, various California and local, misc. and my current focus of interest... what I call my "Lost America" cards. Cards of roadside hotels, motels and restaurants along the highways and byways of our country. I got the idea for that from here:

LILEKS (James) :: The American Motel

LILEKS (James) Restaurants

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I think I have about 500 postcards so far. My daughter has the Disney ones, and the ones I have range from early 1900's to 40's, specifics like Mexico, Northwest, various California and local, misc. and my current focus of interest... what I call my "Lost America" cards. Cards of roadside hotels, motels and restaurants along the highways and byways of our country. I got the idea for that from here:

LILEKS (James) :: The American Motel

LILEKS (James) Restaurants
    Pengy, that's a great thing to collect! I used to get postcards from everywhere that I visited when I was a kid - Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, WDW but stopped doing that over the years.

and by the way, my ebay transaction took a turn for the better and the package was delivered while I was away in San Diego.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

• we jumped out a window

I can't believe that a lot of the recently releases TS3 open edition character pins, namely Buttercup, Peas in a Pod and Lotso are completely sold out at DL right now. Mr. Pricklepants is just about sold out as well as I saw 2 at Emporium and bought one.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Crazy. They will refill, right?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I'm new to pin trading too. I started about 2 weeks ago and I have 20 pins now. I already had 2 pins from a few years ago since they looked cool and later found one on the floor of California Adventure in 2007. Only recently I thought about expanding my collection so I got some from eBay and my local Disney store. One thing I want to do is warn people about scrapper pins from eBay. I bought a pin lot only to suspect about 5-6 out of 10 of them are scrappers. So it's okay to buy a few from eBay but I get more mostly from the parks and Disney stores.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Crazy. They will refill, right?
    Yes, I'm sure they will at some point because they're only open editions.

I just thought it was interesting that despite how ill received Lotso has been by some people on MiceChat , his pins, both this one and the DSF LE have sold extremely well.

• Shablagoo!

WDW's september releases are starting to show. They seem to be focusing on pins with basic individual characters. Just good clean simple pins. Most seem to be on model and they are only 6.95 each. I like them as it is a great way to get rarer characters into circulation. I saw pins of Mr Toad and Yzma for example.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    WDW's september releases are starting to show. They seem to be focusing on pins with basic individual characters. Just good clean simple pins. Most seem to be on model and they are only 6.95 each. I like them as it is a great way to get rarer characters into circulation. I saw pins of Mr Toad and Yzma for example.
    They've been showing a bunch in the blog already, like Yzma and Figaro from Pinocchio. Glad to see them starting to come out already.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-19-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Shablagoo!

Disneyland September pins are now searchable on the official site. They show releases for the basic pins as well as a bunch of Halloween pins.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Cannot wait to get some of those WDW pins!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

I just got a look at a whole bunch of upcoming pins.

Some future DLR Piece of History pins include Star Tours, Bug's Land and World of Color. And in a funny, but dark bit, a Piece of History Alderaan pin.

Also there is a set of Disney Robots with characters like Maximillian, VINcent, WallE, Eve, and Rex.

Then there is a mystery set for Pixar Short films with characters like Luxo Jr and Geri.