Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459 ... LastLast

• E T1CK3T

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Sure, no problem but I think you go to the parks more than I do?
    True.... maybe I could help YOU then!

• Banned User

Not that I'm trying to be an "enabler" but The Official Disney Pin site might help you out What's HapPINing?

You can do a search for any character or theme or attraction and it'll show you pictures of all the pins ever made for that character.
    Evil, pure evil! I love it! Thanks!!!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Evil, pure evil! I love it! Thanks!!!!!
    But but, how is it "evil" when I'm just looking out for your best interests???

• E T1CK3T

You're corrupting her!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna turn into an epidemic!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hey SeaWolf, are you heading to DLR today? I hear that the Toad surprise pins are still available and might even last until Saturday unless there's a huge run on them today.

• E T1CK3T

Hey SeaWolf, are you heading to DLR today? I hear that the Toad surprise pins are still available and might even last until Saturday unless there's a huge run on them today.
    Nah, I can't possibly make it today. I've got classes until 1 today, and I'm sick, so I gotta go home anyways and sleep or something. I almost was gonna go w/ Dan-Tasmic today, and I really wanted to see if any were left, but it didn't work out since I went under the weather today. At least I snagged the Toad Golden vehicle on eBay for only $5 total yesterday! Sorry I Heart Disneyland......

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Oh now i remember another reason why I wish I worked at WDI...

Disney WDI 4 Pin Railroad Wait Time Sign Set LE 300 - eBay (item 200257767699 end time Sep-29-08 11:05:04 PDT)

These are coming out on monday. 4 Railroad signs. Sigh. Heavy heavy sigh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Disney WDI 4 Pin Railroad Wait Time Sign Set LE 300 - eBay (item 200257767699 end time Sep-29-08 11:05:04 PDT)

OMG I WANT!!!!!! *drool*
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• For You!

Okay, small rant about my recent trip.

My sons are 9 and 7 and love pin trading. We were in Frontierland when a few CM's came out with books of pins to trade. My kids went nuts (as they have been trying to complete collections). While I was helping my 7 year old, my 9 year wandered over to a "professional" pin trader and started looking at her massive cork board. She said she would trade cast member pins for anything on the cork board. A.J. got really excited because she had a pin he needed for what he was collecting. He gave her his pin and she promptly went into lecture mode. She went on and on about how it was a fake and that his mom should know better than to buy fakes off ebay, etc. Well, for starters - he had just traded a CM for that pin. And frankly, who gives her the right to stomp on a little boy's excitement by telling him that his mom is a bad person for buying a fake?? She should have just said something like she already had that pin and wasn't going to trade, etc. These pin traders really annoy me. I'm very careful about what pins I buy - I get them from a friend that usually gets the pins from Company D.

Anyway, my son was really upset for most of the afternoon and I really wanted to slap that lady. He finally calmed down and found the pin through another CM.

Okay, rant over.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Those are releasing at WDI today?? Why do THEY get all the super cool pins?

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post

My sons are 9 and 7 and love pin trading. We were in Frontierland when a few CM's came out with books of pins to trade. My kids went nuts (as they have been trying to complete collections). While I was helping my 7 year old, my 9 year wandered over to a "professional" pin trader and started looking at her massive cork board. She said she would trade cast member pins for anything on the cork board. A.J. got really excited because she had a pin he needed for what he was collecting. He gave her his pin and she promptly went into lecture mode. She went on and on about how it was a fake and that his mom should know better than to buy fakes off ebay, etc. Well, for starters - he had just traded a CM for that pin. And frankly, who gives her the right to stomp on a little boy's excitement by telling him that his mom is a bad person for buying a fake?? She should have just said something like she already had that pin and wasn't going to trade, etc. These pin traders really annoy me. I'm very careful about what pins I buy - I get them from a friend that usually gets the pins from Company D.

Anyway, my son was really upset for most of the afternoon and I really wanted to slap that lady. He finally calmed down and found the pin through another CM.

Okay, rant over.
    I'm sorry that your son and you had to go through that. Unfortunately the pin sharks are aptly named but at least your son got what he wanted in the end. It's funny how that works because right after a pin shark rudely declined my trade offer (I wanted the Donald Darth Maul pin from the Star Wars mystery set), I went in to buy another set and got that very pin.

By any chance do you watch "Lost"? And if so, was this the pin shark that looks like Danielle Rousseau?

• Banned User

She went on and on about how it was a fake and that his mom should know better than to buy fakes off ebay, etc. Well, for starters - he had just traded a CM for that pin. And frankly, who gives her the right to stomp on a little boy's excitement by telling him that his mom is a bad person for buying a fake?? She should have just said something like she already had that pin and wasn't going to trade, etc.

Oh Jen, that's so terrible. I feel so awful for your son. I hate those professional traders. I'd NEVER trade with them. I am just starting on this pin trading stuff and I will DIE if a CM treats me that way when I want to trade! I have about 30 that I bought on Ebay, and, hope they are good ones. I am meeting with a friend who has done pins for years, and, she can tell me. The only 3 I am worried about, came from Hong Kong...and had I realized it, I'd not have bought them. The rest are from So. Cal. and very solid sellers. We shall see! (Biting nails!)

• For You!

I usually never go near the pin traders - but, when the cast members came out with books (it's the same deal as the CM lanyards, only they have whole books full of pins), we couldn't resist, and we did find quite a few great pins - unfortunately, it was next to two ladies doing their own thing. And no, this was an older lady, she was not pretty and not friendly.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

I usually never go near the pin traders - but, when the cast members came out with books (it's the same deal as the CM lanyards, only they have whole books full of pins), we couldn't resist, and we did find quite a few great pins - unfortunately, it was next to two ladies doing their own thing. And no, this was an older lady, she was not pretty and not friendly.
    Those big books are what got me started! My friend Michelle and I made a girl's trip in June, and, she handed me some traders. Frontierland is where I made my first trade, and, the bug bit me.

I hate that the trader got ahold of your son and made him so upset! If I had seen that, and, didn't even know your son...I'm afraid I'd have stepped in and set that woman straight. ha!

I don't understand WHY those traders are allowed INSIDE of DL or DCA. I know they generate more pin sales, but, they sound like scum, or, a lot of them do.

• Circle of Ancients

Okay, rant over.
    I don't blame you for being upset. I'm surprised you didn't give her a piece of your mind from her comment. Usually, I don't like confrontation with people and cause a scene but when it comes to your children, it's totally different. And I don't mean you should yell and scream at this woman. I would have handled it in way that made her see that you did not appreciate how she traded the pin with your son.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459 ... LastLast