Page 1 of 80 1234112651 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

Since there is no thread for people who are new to pin trading (me), to just chit chat about it...I thought I'd start a thread where we can chit chat and not annoy people who want to just chat about the topic at hand.

So, here we are! I am new to pin trading. I have bought about 13 pins this weekend. What got me started was I was in DL with a friend in June. She handed me several pins and said, "Here, you can trade these". I didn't know what that would mean til later.......now.....I am buying cheap ones (and checking Dizpins and Pinpics) on Ebay for traders for my upcoming trip just after Thanksgiving!

We can share our recent finds, or, if we know of one that a person is looking for...we can share that here too!

• Senior Minion

Re: Pin Trading and Buying Chit Chat!

This would be a great thread to talk about pin trading, since I am a pin freak!!! I didn't get into trading until the VMK pins came out, and since I wanted the whole collection I had stuff to trade - plus while VMK while still running I had lots of cool Pirate virtual merchandise to trade online as well ... those were the days.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your pin trading experience when you get back to the park. I personally just trade for fun so I don't get to crazy about it - meaning I don't carry my thousands of pin books in a stroller to the park ... I've seen that twice. I'm all for pin trading, but when you are lugging a stroller full of pin books you've gone too far ... I'll make sure that doesn't happen to you!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your pin trading experience when you get back to the park. I personally just trade for fun so I don't get to crazy about it - meaning I don't carry my thousands of pin books in a stroller to the park ... I've seen that twice. I'm all for pin trading, but when you are lugging a stroller full of pin books you've gone too far ... I'll make sure that doesn't happen to you!
    I've seen it often when I'm there. When your ultimate goal is to travel to the parks to sit at a table and have people worship you over your collection, you've gone too far..
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Strollers full? Um...no! I can't even imagine buying a book for them at this point, but, you never can say never. I just have them on lanyards for now, and, I have specific things I am collecting. I will maybe have 10 to trade on my trip. Maybe 20 if I buy more between now and then.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great idea!

I never thought I'd get into the whole pin thing. I had a few that I thought were interesting, but never expected it to amount to anything. Then something happened. But then I got a dream lanyard with a couple of pins on it... then I saw this on eBay... and got it...

Pin Pics: View Pin 14890

And the rest as they say is history. But I don't want to do the trading thing, I'm just in it for the collecting.

And right now everything in my eBay "watching" is... pins. And every time I say "Oh I'll just get this last one then I'll stop..." Uh huh... And now I'm going to be competing with I Heart on eBay!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

I have mostly all my pins on a cork board in my room, and some on lanyards. As for pins to trade, I enjoy those mystery packs they have now. Sure you might want to keep some, but you'll also be up for trading a few as well.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The kast pin I bought I bid on thinking that someone else would... um... nope
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

And right now everything in my eBay "watching" is... pins. And every time I say "Oh I'll just get this last one then I'll stop..." Uh huh... And now I'm going to be competing with I Heart on eBay!
    I love Monstro (my mom and I had our photo in front of him when she took me to DL in 1967, before she died), so, I started with Monstro...much like you and the penguin. Gads! My list on ebay watching is pins too. It's like crack! Heyyyyyyyy....did Disney put crack in the pins?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I have mostly all my pins on a cork board in my room, and some on lanyards. .
    Where did you get the cork boards? Michaels or someplace like that?

My friend that I went to DL with in June got a bunch of the mystery packs too. She was a maniac with the pins, I watched in awe! ha!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I had been picking up attraction pins here and there for a few years now but only this year did I get more into collecting LE's.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of themes do you all collect? Mine is Wall-E though I have a few for Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story plus some random ones.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I love Monstro (my mom and I had our photo in front of him when she took me to DL in 1967, before she died), so, I started with Monstro...much like you and the penguin. Gads! My list on ebay watching is pins too. It's like crack! Heyyyyyyyy....did Disney put crack in the pins?
    You know you wonder huh?? My current focus is on Tiki pins... I have almost all of them I want for now except for one. And I'm also on the lookout for a WDI New Years pin series that came out in 2005 I think. I was just going to get one of them, then after I saw it it was bigger and nicer than the picture looked so... I now have 2 of the 5, and a 3rd one I'm watching now. Might as well get all five of them right??

I've seen corkboards at places like WalMart and Target. They come in several different sizes. I have most of mine in a shadowbox with cork behind it right now. I posted this pics in another thread in here but here they are again. (Should do an updated pic of this someday soon... if I stop adding to it so frequently!!)

And my Tiki bird GWP pins:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• For You!

Yay! another pin thread!!! I just bought about 80 for me and my entire family - I've really started something. Of course, I got 50 for me and my 2 boys, and 30 for 5 other people. I haven't decided what pins I'm going to search for next week - I'm thinking that I don't have any Wall-E pins yet.

I've said it before, I never really buy pins at Disneyland - I usually only get traders and go on the hunt. For me, that's the most fun.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• E T1CK3T

I have about 130 pins now (maybe more) and most of them are displayed in shadow boxes. I just hate to think of how much I've spent on all of them, at the parks and on eBay... ohhhh well, I won't! I love finding new pins I want at D-land, and waiting for new ones to come out... reversely, I get really bummed when there are no pins I want... I feel like I didn't get a good deal when there's no pins that I want to buy lol. It's gotten that ingrained into me hehe. :oD

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I had been picking up attraction pins here and there for a few years now but only this year did I get more into collecting LE's.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of themes do you all collect? Mine is Wall-E though I have a few for Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story plus some random ones.
    So far, I'm wanting attraction posters, and, cool attraction pins. Also, anything with Monstro on it. The other thing I have are a TON of the 50th pins that I bought during the 50th (and, they are STILL in the bag, 3 years later), I am considering trading a bunch of those! I haven't found a specific niche yet, but, so far ... attractions are my favorite.

• Banned User

I want this Pengy!!! I am also collecting these Tiki pins, I have 3 already. Well, Gigi is on her way to me. I have the other two. Did you just frame that yourself? (I have a Tiki Room ... room in my house.)

Page 1 of 80 1234112651 ... LastLast