Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Disneyshopping.com pin buying thread

Hi everyone. I frequently buy pins from Disneyshopping.com and I have learned a few tricks that can help the new buyer.

The first time you should know is that pin shipping is free on Monday. This is for all individual pins, whether they are regular or Jumbo sized. It does not include accessories (like pin bags) or pin sets. Why is free shipping on Monday? Because Disneyshopping releases their new pins each Monday.

Each week there is a themed series, like a Halloween costume series, which will have numerous characters in their halloween costumes. Usually there is also a Jumbo pin and/or a pin set of some kind. A jumbo pin is larger and more expensive. A set will contain numerous pins within a theme and can be expensive. All DS.com pins are limited editions. Some sets can be as low as LE100s. Each pin in the weekly series is usually LE250.

Certain characters, like Mickey and Tinker Bell are very common. Other common characters include Jessica Rabbit, Stitch, Donald Duck, and the Cheshire Cat. They have not released any park specific pins in a few years. So unless things change you are not likely to see a Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder Mountain pin from DS.com.

Another thing to remember about new release Monday is that some pins will sell out in minutes. This happens frequently to Tinker Bell and Jessica Rabbit pins, as well as the LE100 sets. Pins are released around 12:30 am Pacific time, Monday Morning. Recently I have seen several pins sell out in less than 5 minutes time, like the Jessica and Tinker Bell Halloween pins.

There is a twice yearly sell where they discount their unsold pins, sometimes significantly. The older the pin, the bigger the discount.

Occasionally there are coupons you can use to save money. The most frequent are ones that will give you free shipping. There are also coupons that can save you 10% or more. Usually these are good for the entire site, not just pins.

Anyway, there is some basics. Feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them. Feel free to use this thread to post about pins you see on the site or discounts you find. As long as it is related to Disneyshopping.com, it's all good.

• Too far from Disney World

Re: Disneyshopping.com pin buying thread

Great thread idea!

Is it me or are the pins from disneyshopping larger than the ones you get in the parks? I've ordered a few that aren't labled "jumbo" and they're huge compared to my others!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Shablagoo!

The standard pins are generally larger than the standard park pin. Sometimes they are the same size. The Jumbos are at least 3 inches large. I'll try to take a comparison picture later tonight to show it.

• Banned User

Thanks Anthony! Too bad they don't have park pins, because my focus is attractions. Although, I did recently get a Pinocchio on there and a Monstro not long ago.

• Shablagoo!

Ok, here is a pin size comparison picture. Obviously sizes can vary, but I found these to be a common size. First is a park pin, the second is the standard DS.com pin, and last is a DS.com Jumbo pin.

• Toralay toralye tooraloo~

I wonder why they are bigger? Maybe since cast members don't have to wear them, they can make them bigger since they don't have to be built for convenience?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftCentaurette View Post
    I wonder why they are bigger? Maybe since cast members don't have to wear them, they can make them bigger since they don't have to be built for convenience?
    But, if you notice on CM lanyards, Disneystore (and DS.com) pins wind up being good traders too. I have seen many of those pins on lanyards, and even looking at the Wall-E set sold at the Disney Store, they are MUCH larger than standard Disney park pins.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    But, if you notice on CM lanyards, Disneystore (and DS.com) pins wind up being good traders too. I have seen many of those pins on lanyards, and even looking at the Wall-E set sold at the Disney Store, they are MUCH larger than standard Disney park pins.
    Hi I am new here and this is my first post. I have a question in regards to the pins purchased on-line at Disneyshopping. We have a trip coming up to DW and we purchased some pins off of the Disney Shopping web site. Can these be traded in the parks with CM's?? They dont have the same pin backs as the ones we purchased last year in the parks. We purchased the High School Musical pin set.

Thanks for your help.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes, all of the pins on Disneyshopping can be traded. But like YoYo said, Disneyshopping pins are usually larger than the standard park pins, so you will probably want to trade them for similar sized ones once there.

And welcome to MiceChat!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yes, all of the pins on Disneyshopping can be traded. But like YoYo said, Disneyshopping pins are usually larger than the standard park pins, so you will probably want to trade them for similar sized ones once there.

And welcome to MiceChat!!!
    Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the info and advice. I guess I will take them along.

• Shablagoo!

Another thing to think about is that DS.com pins are Limited Edition pins. Most are around LE250 or 300. So if you take one of those to the park, I would say save those to trade with another trader. Don't use them to get pins off the CM lanyard. For that I would pick some up at a local outlet store or from ebay. Of course, then you have to watch for scrappers, but that is a conversation for another thread.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Were any new ones released today?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

Yep. They released a set of 80th Birthday Mickey pins, 2 Christmas cards with pins (one Mickey, one with Tink) and a series of Holiday coin pins. Pretty underwhelming.

Sometime in the next few weeks this pin should be released.

http://s7disney.images.go.com/is/ima...Shopping/66586

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Yep. They released a set of 80th Birthday Mickey pins, 2 Christmas cards with pins (one Mickey, one with Tink) and a series of Holiday coin pins. Pretty underwhelming.

Sometime in the next few weeks this pin should be released.

http://s7disney.images.go.com/is/ima...Shopping/66586
    I was underwhelmed too, Anthony! I like the one you have linked there. I'd maybe get that one.

• Shablagoo!

For a long time Disneyshopping.com has had free shipping on their pins on Mondays. They have annouced that Monday, Nov 17th is the last day of free shipping on pins. They recently increased pin prices by at least $2 a pin and now they are dropping free shipping. This is bad show Disney. I know I will be cutting back on my purchases from DS.com now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast