From California but stationed in Germany at the moment!

Question SHAG and Retro Pins question!

I am WAY new to this pin thing and need a little help! My husband and I are stationed over in Germany so we can only make it out to Disneyland CA about once a year. When we were at Disneyland last in February of 2008 I fell in LOVE with the Retro pins. Are all the Retro Pins designed by Shag?! Also, since I am overseas where is a good place online to buy and look for pins you want?! I want to collect all of the Shag pins and the Retro pins.

Any help would be awesome and much appreciated!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: SHAG and Retro Pins question!

Since the 50th anniversary, I recall seeing 4 different series of retro pins, the 4th set was just recently released. I've grown fond of the retro sets, too, but am missing a few. Some in the first couple sets were a little repetitive (Tink is the primary one) For the 50th, Shag did do a set of Jumbo pins, Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. The only ones that were in a limited number sets, were the SHAG pins, but, who knows if they really produced the full number they said they would produce.

Deliverears would be the best bet for the current retro pins, but I don't know their policy on shipments overseas. The current set was just recently released, so they should be around for a while, if you visit in the next year, they should still be around, somewhere in the resort. For some of the older sets, ebay is going to be your best bet.

Some of the retro pin sets also had matching merchandise over the years, including small tin lunch boxes, small pennants, "toothpick holders", playing cards, coasters, women's shirts, large coffee ceramic coffee cups.

What do the recently released retro pins look like?
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyInMickeyEars View Post
    I am WAY new to this pin thing and need a little help! My husband and I are stationed over in Germany so we can only make it out to Disneyland CA about once a year. When we were at Disneyland last in February of 2008 I fell in LOVE with the Retro pins. Are all the Retro Pins designed by Shag?
    I'd say no. They were not done by Shag. I don't think he's done anything for the park since 2005. (He is doing stuff for the HM event this summer.)

The set that came out in 2008 was being sold on clearance when I was in the park in December. They were 40% off. You may call Delivears, but, like Aladdin said, I don't know if they ship overseas. Do you have someone to have them shipped to here?

Here are the ones for 2009: Pin Pics: Pin Search Results

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    What do the recently released retro pins look like?
    I don't know what's wrong! ha!

Just go under the "SEARCH" field. Then put in "retro 2009" and they all come up.
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 01-26-2009 at 10:29 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

IHD, your links don't work
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

Here is an example... Retro Haunted Mansion

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I like some of the new series of retro pins, but they ruin it by placing the year on the pin. Defeats the purpose of them looking Retro. Go figure WHY they did that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I like some of the new series of retro pins, but they ruin it by placing the year on the pin. Defeats the purpose of them looking Retro. Go figure WHY they did that.
    I was thinking the same thing!! I had the photo of all of them, ready to call DelivEARS today and I am not sure I want them to say 2009! I collect attraction pins, and, like the pins, but, not the date.

Wow! Thanks guys! A lot of helpful information! I am pretty sure that I got all the 2008 ones when I was at Disneyland in Feb 2008. Since I live on base I have an APO address and most companies ship to APO because it's still under USP service. But I will have to see.

I did see the pins that Shag is doing for the HM 40th. I love them. And I did also see the 2009 retro set with the dates on them and didn't understand why they put 2009 on them either. I thought for a sec that maybe it was a New Year thing and that they are gonna bring out more later on in the year....?

My husband and I are heading to Disneyland Paris this March for his R&R and I'm wondering if they have those retro pins there......? Anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Some of the retro pin sets also had matching merchandise over the years, including small tin lunch boxes, small pennants, "toothpick holders", playing cards, coasters, women's shirts, large coffee ceramic coffee cups.
    I have seen some stuff with the retro theme and LOVE it. I have looked on ebay for some things but do you know of a place where they would have more stuff to purchase?? laughingplace and mouseshoppe have some but not a lot.

Thanks so much for your help!