• Wilderness Explorer

O'Pin House Carpet Bag - Worth it?

Hello! I've been admiring the beautiful O'Pin House carpet bag on the disneypins.com website. I've been trying to decide if it's worth the $75 price tag. However, it's hard to tell from the photos. Has anyone seen this item in person? If so, does it appear well constructed? I remember during the 50th, I had admired a navy blue, retro styled "bowling bag". I always regretted not purchasing it, until I read a review on pinpics.com saying that it was poorly constructed and that some people had it fall apart on them.

So, if you have any first hand information on this item...I'd appreciate it!

Here's the link for reference:

O'Pin House Deluxe Trading Carpet Bag
    Pin Pics: Pin Groups

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: O'Pin House Carpet Bag - Worth it?

Hey, I bought the bag and will say it is nice. It looks like a purse, so for the guys it's a little awkward. (I just keep it in my rolling duffle) There is just one design flaw I can find: two pages rub against each other without a "divider". The bag is well built and you won't be disappointed in it. There are four pages, with a small inside zippered pouch for backers or extra pins. There is also a long strap if you don't want to carry it by the handles.

On a side note, my mom is actually using it as a purse while at the parks. The inside bag removes completely and makes a large storage device. "Two-fer" for the ladies!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I haven't seen it in person, but the pictures look good. If my husband hadn't lost his job recently, I'd already have one! We've got several of the different pin carriers/binders, I think I like the POTC one the best.

I really like a lot of the o'pin house stuff, I wish the timing wasn't so bad for me.

• Wilderness Explorer

Kronos, THANK YOU! I'd been waiting for a review on this item. I suppose I'll have to budget for it now. It's such a great design and so unique...I think I'll be kicking myself later if I pass on it now.

SnorkletsMom, my empathy on the loss of your husband's job. My partner and I loss our house in the past year. Remember that things will get better and I'm sure your husband will find work soon.
    On a side note, is the POTC bag you're referring to the beige canvass one with the movie skull and cross bones logo? I'd always liked that one but never picked it up.

• Wilderness Explorer

Just in case anyone is still on the fence about the Carpet Trading Bag, I purchased it last week at the resort and I must say it is beautiful! I can hardly believe that it is an imitation-leather product because the "hand" (feel) of whatever they used is so realistic. I would have sworn it was leather.

Btw, just a little annecdote about it's acquisition...
    I was still trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much money on a pin bag (especially having just bought the retro-graphic castle one). Well, I decided to go for it, but figured I would pick it up later during the day. Of course, that day they were releasing all of the left-over SHAG merchandise at Disneyana. Apparently these Haunted Mansion fans snapped up the remaining bags at Store Command (where I had originally found them), because, when I returned, there were none left! I asked if another shop had more, and the girl called the Emporium but no luck. I also checked at Westward Ho (which said they never stocked it) and PT Flea Market (which said they did not carry it because it was Disneyland, rather than DCA specific). That evening, I went to virtually every pin shop through out the resort. Well, I made my way to World of Disney (again no luck), and finally Pin Traders. I'd inquired at each shop, but was really not expecting to find anything. However, Pin Traders had them! I was so happy! I'd never imagined that buying this bag would have become such a quest!
    Last edited by pirate_tim; 08-16-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Hit the 'post' button before complete.

• WDW CM & HM fan

I did order this bag awhile back and was suprised at the size of it! It was bigger than I thought it would be. It was my intent on using it as a handbag, but eventually, after all the pins I bought from Mickey's of Glendale this year......
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani