• Just another Disney fan..

Pin Celebration 2009 - Museum of Pintiquities (Photo Report)

I recently attended the Disney Pin Celebration 2009 - Museum of Pintiquities held at the Epcot World ShowPlace June 26-28.

Early registration was held Thursday June 25 at the Yacht & Beach Club Resort Convention Center.

Registered event Guests were able to get their welcome package along with their purchaced event merchandise.

The welcome package included paperwork for the newest Hidden Mickey pins, a shopping list of still available event merchandise, a "4th RSP" form, event credentials, snack and parting gift vouchers, two $15 Disney gift cards for meals, a "welcome" gift pin, and a "Pin Partners" gift pin.

Those that signed up early for the event were also able to pick up their "early-bird" gift pin which was a Tinker Bell holding the key to the museum pin.

An event information station was set up as well as an event merchandise display area.

For those who wanted to start their pin trading early, they also had a large pin trading area set up right next to the registration area. After early registration closed, the area was then opened up to the public for non-event Guests to come and pin trade.

The "official" start of the event was Friday June 26th at Epcot. There was as usual, a special entrance for the event Guests to go through security. An explosives sniffing dog was on duty to help expedite the hundreds of pin traders along with their bags and bags of pins.

As always, the location inside Epcot where the Pin Celebration was held was the World ShowPlace. Event Guests lined up each morning outside the gates waiting to get in.

Once inside the gates, the event Guests were once again welcomed by the large statue of "Bobby Pinback", the official mascot of the Disney Pin Celebration.

The inside of the World ShowPlace was of course themed to look like the inside of a museum. Right up front was a huge T-Rex.

Event Guests who were not able to pre-register the day befor at the Yacht & Beach Club were able to do so inside the World ShowPlace.

Also on display near the entrance were the items for the silent auction.

On the main floor of the "museum", Guests were treated to museum themed trade boards. The area was superbly decorated with not only museum like pieces, but also with actual replicas of some of the pin merchandise for the event. Very nice job!

There also was a "Kid's area" where children could either take part in some craft activities or watch videos on two larg flat-screen TVs.

Some non-pin Disney merchandise was also being showcased. Vinylmations, Kookie pens, Club Penguine and Mickey Monsters were on display along with Disney representatives that you could talk to about these lines of merchandise.

Also on display were previews of pins and pin merchandise from WDW, DLR, DCL and Disney Soda Fountain and Studios Store (DSF).

In the back of the World ShowPlace was the huge trading area. Many of the people lining up early were doing so to stake claim to the prime locations in the trading area.

Disney Pin Trading Project Manager Steven Miller was once again on hand to "host" all the stage events.

As in years past, atmosphere entertainment was also present. Lisa Lanyard and Pindiana Jones just to name a few.

Several lucky event Guests were choosen at random to participate in the pin games, "MoP Squares", "Trivia Challenge" and "Pin, Lose or Draw". Winners were given various pin prizes with the big winner getting a nice framed pin set.

A little extra "Celebration" that took place at the event was a surprise proposal. This young couple had met while pin trading. With the help of the Disney staff, they arranged a "fake game" where the unsuspecting bride to be was called on stage for a game. The groom to be then came up and proposed to her in front of everyone. Needless to say she was shocked. Everyone cheered and luckily for the groom, she said "yes".

Please take a look at my album for more pictures of this event. Hope you all enjoy!

Picasa Web Albums - Roger - Museum of Pin...
    Last edited by Roger55; 07-01-2009 at 08:55 PM.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Pin Celebration 2009 - Museum of Pintiquities (Photo Report)

I see you are not quite done yet. I eagerly await the stories and pictures.

• Banned User

Whole lot of white boxes with red X's in them.

• Shablagoo!

I can see the pictures now Roger. Thanks for another great pin event trip report.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

How cool! I need to get to one of these someday!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

HI

!st Posting.

My wife and I also attended the June event and plan our trips based on Pin releases. Small problem. The Memory card in my Canon went south and I can not access the images detailing the up coming releases for Sept - Jan 09. Can any one help with quality detailed images.
    If so please send to [email protected] We already have our AUgust and Sept flights scheduled need to do Oct. Nov and Dec.

Thank you in advance