• Wilderness Explorer

Wristband Guidelines...?

Hi! I was hoping that someone could better explain to me how wristbands work for LE pin purchase at the Disneyland resort. I will be at the parks for the October POH pin release and would very much like to get this pin (particularly since I love Alice and this is likely my only opportunity to get a POH pin).

So...my questions are:

1. "We kindly ask that Guests do not line up for wristband distribution until two hours before Disneyland® Park opening." Disneyland opens at 8 am on 10/11 (according to the website), does that mean I should be at the West Esplanade Kiosk at 6 am?

2. "Wristbands for pins will be distributed West Esplanade Information Kiosk beginning at 7:00 AM while supplies last." Are there usually enough wristbands for everyone that lines up prior to 7 am?

3. So after I get my wristband at 7 am (or there after), I'm free to get breakfast and wait for park open, correct? Then I simply go to Little Green Men Store Command (before 1 pm) and show them the wristband to purchase the pin, right? (Oh yes, how many pins can you get with one wristband? One or two?)

I've never been to a wristband situation like this, so if anyone who has been can relate their experience, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your help!

• Space Mountain Junky

Re: Wristband Guidelines...?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_tim View Post
    Hi! I was hoping that someone could better explain to me how wristbands work for LE pin purchase at the Disneyland resort. I will be at the parks for the October POH pin release and would very much like to get this pin (particularly since I love Alice and this is likely my only opportunity to get a POH pin).

So...my questions are:

1. "We kindly ask that Guests do not line up for wristband distribution until two hours before Disneyland® Park opening." Disneyland opens at 8 am on 10/11 (according to the website), does that mean I should be at the West Esplanade Kiosk at 6 am?
    Actually in recent months they have been lining us up in the Downtown Disney parking lot, then walking us over to the Esplanade about 7am to pass out the wristbands (haven't figured out why they need to do this). I always show up exactly at 6am.

2. "Wristbands for pins will be distributed West Esplanade Information Kiosk beginning at 7:00 AM while supplies last." Are there usually enough wristbands for everyone that lines up prior to 7 am?
    There have been a few times where the line was longer than the number of wristbands. When the Pirates POH came out in May, I got there at 6am and was about 200 people back in line. People that didn't show up until 7am did not get wristbands. for August there where actually extra wristbands after they where passed out to the initial line of guest. It all depends on what the pin is. I would expect the line to be OK in October, but in November when the Haunted Mansion POH comes out, it will be insane.

3. So after I get my wristband at 7 am (or there after), I'm free to get breakfast and wait for park open, correct? Then I simply go to Little Green Men Store Command (before 1 pm) and show them the wristband to purchase the pin, right? (Oh yes, how many pins can you get with one wristband? One or two?)
    This is correct, you can do anything you want as long as you get to the Little Green Men Store Command before 1pm. I usually wait a little while, because a lot of people go there immediately and create a long line. POH is 2 per wristband.

I will be at this (and all other) POH releases. If you are interested in meeting send me PM before you come.