Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Achieving epicness.

Disney Trading Nights - January 22nd 2010 (7pm to 10pm).

Anyone going? It's at the Paradise Pier Hotel in the Pacific Ballroom.

My wife recently got super addicted to pin trading and wants a big collection for when my son gets a little older to understand.

So this is our first actual event and I was curious if anyone else will be there and would like to say Hi and help us out a bit. Maybe to point her in the right direction and give her a good idea about what to do when it comes to the cut throat world of Disney pin trading, haha.

Sooooooo, either way we'll be there. Might be a good chance to say Hi to some of MiceChat!
    Oh, and we'll be at the Anniversary Celebration too.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: Disney Trading Nights - January 22nd 2010 (7pm to 10pm).

dang they have those?

i've wanted to do that pin trading thing, but i don't go to disneyland enough
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

We just got into the pin trading also but I have a Slayer concert to hit that night. I would love to hear what you think about it afterward, if you don't mind sharing.

Have you checked out the pin trading site? You can find out about new pins coming out and enter the drawing for a chance to purchase limited edition pins. Official Disney Pin Trading

• The Original LOST BOY

i wish i could go..... :*(

i do pin trading, but im not all hardcore like some of the people at the park.

i have alot.

alot of lanyard, but most are just cool rack pins......

i wear 3 or 4 lanyards & a little hip thing too. I'm the Mr. T of disneyland
    The Original LOST BOY

I attend the PTN's regularly, they can be a lot of fun! They usually preview upcoming pins and are a great opportunity to meet people.

They also have 'pin trading boards' where you can trade with Cast Members.

In pin trading land I go by Silvercreek, and I usually sit near the center doors of the Pacific Ballroom with my friend, Nursek8. Stop by and see us, and let's trade!
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

• Shifting cargo

I so would go if I lived in the area. While I'm not a hardcore trader, I still am obsessed with buying pins every time I go to the park. I don't actually trade the pins as much as I buy them, but I do trade on occasion when a very particular one catches my eye.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Achieving epicness.

Haha glad to know there's more out there.

Yeah, since we decided to start going to Disneyland more often my Wife saw some kids trading with a CM and got into it. So I recently ordered her and my son lanyards, and a pin book, then a lot of about 100 pins, and we picked out some more rare keepers.

So it should be fun, we're looking forward to it. We're trying to learn the proper etiquette and rules. Also trying to learn as much as possible about sets/various pin styles/hidden mickeys/etcetcetc.

It should be a good time, and definitely expect a report.

I had to lol @ the Slayer concert. It's like two opposite ends of the spectrum... a super metal band and Disney pin trading. That's awesome though.

• Shifting cargo

I didn't know that there was a strategy to pin trading, I thought you just....... traded! I buy most all of the ones that I like and I few not so much, and then I trade those.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I didn't know that there was a strategy to pin trading, I thought you just....... traded! I buy most all of the ones that I like and I few not so much, and then I trade those.
    Yeah we definitely have a lot to learn about it, but to some it's super serious business. All I know of (what to look for) are CM pins, limited edition pins, hidden mickeys, and stuff like that. I've talked to a few people and they could tell you the series/month/place they were released, for what reason, how many there are and stuff like that. Kind of scary. My luck I will get a super rare awesome pin that's something I might not be interested in, think it's nothing and get taken for it just because I want to get rid of it.

• I'm the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by elle317 View Post
    We just got into the pin trading also but I have a Slayer concert to hit that night. I would love to hear what you think about it afterward, if you don't mind sharing.
    Its kinda funny hearing Slayer and Pin trading in the same post, but I'm right there with you. I just got into pin trading and I'm considering going to this event just to see what its like. If I can't find anything then I can just head into the park. BTW, the last time I saw Slayer when the played with Lamb of God at the Long Beach Arena. It was a great show.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• mountains beyond mtns.

Our Lucky Family, you should come join us in the pin trading forums right here!

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Our Lucky Family, you should come join us in the pin trading forums right here!
    I didn't know they existed, but I definitely will.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I'm so glad I check this thread now I have something to do that night...I too recentely became addicated to pin trading..I'm mostly into rare and unique pins. Thanks for the 411 on this.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I don't do a lot of trading, but I do have a large collection of pins. The problem is that I buy what I like and then I don't want to trade! I'm trying to remember to take traders with me when I go to DL. We did do some trading at WDW last year, that was rather fun. I haven't attended a pin trading event, but I'd like to. The timing on this one isn't great, but maybe...

I do have a couple of tips for you, though. Keep in mind that there are some serious pin experts here on MC, so watch that section and feel free to ask for help. They are far more knowledgeable than I am, and are also just some really nice people.

Go to PinPics.com where you can view photos of almost any pin ever created, upload photos and keep a list of the pins you have or want.

There's also a Tomart's guide to Disney pins, which has photos and lists current (at time of publication) prices.

Beware of buying pin lots, there are often a lot of 'scrappers' or unauthorized pins mixed in.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'll be heading to the resort earlier that day to buy the LE Wall-E/Eve vinylmation sets but don't think I'll be sticking around for the trading night. Friday night traffic heading back into Los Angeles isn't my favorite thing in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast