View Poll Results: Love pin trading/collecting, or hate it!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • love pin trading/collecting

23 74.19%
  • hate it, thinks it's nerdy

9 29.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pin trading…

• Banned User

Smile Pin trading…

I ♥ pin trading, and pin collecting. I think it’s the funnest thing in the world!

So what you’re thoughts on this subject?

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

Re: Pin trading…

I love collecting pins! Not really big on trading them though XD What I'll usually do is get one of those themed sets you often find (usually they have one or two that I really want), and I'll use the others to trade with CMs if they have anything I'd like. I focus on Stitch pins and Dragon!Malificent when I'm looking =)

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I voted yes on liking pin trading. In all honesty, I really don't care either way about pin trading, I think they are really expensive and not so much my thing, but I do find that they are cute and always seem to stop and look at them in the shops. The biggest reason I like the concept though is because my daughter took her pin we were given by aaa and traded it for a Pluto pin and that made her whole trip! She keep asking the CM, are you sure it's free to just trade for the one I want? She was pretty amazed, and I have to say, she is the kind of kid that believes nothing is free! Just like the concept of the meal vouchers, she doesn't realize we prepay for them, but the fact we can eat and walk out of the restaurant with out paying is the cats meow to her!
    Yaye!

• Banned User

As a CM, I really don't care either way, but some people go to far. This happens a lot: I would be pin trading with a child who is not sure what they want, of course I let them take their time, then usually there is an adult pin trader who sees what they want and they try to claim it before I'm done with the child! It really bugs me! Of course there are some REALLY nice Pin Traders who even let ME choose what pin I want! So it's a mix for me, but I wouldn't do it with my own money.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper View Post
    I love collecting pins! Not really big on trading them though XD What I'll usually do is get one of those themed sets you often find (usually they have one or two that I really want), and I'll use the others to trade with CMs if they have anything I'd like. I focus on Stitch pins and Dragon!Malificent when I'm looking =)

ohh i have a malificent pin.. she is a Limited edition.. one of 300..she is a really big pin. gorgeous pin, it shows her coming out of fire! really neat and cool,,.found her on disneystore.com

• Banned User

.... trying to explain to someone how pin trading works is almost a nightmare. i had to explain 5 times to my aunt.. and she still didn't get it.

• Banned User

i looked for months and months at the parks till i decided to try disneystore.com for my search for the perfect malificent pin..so anytime i can't find something exactly i go there ...

i have already filled my first lanyard up..and am in the process of starting another let alone i am building a cabinet with my dad and i will be collecting the pins as sets for show! I did all the trading i wanted to do lately. right now they have some nice first release pins out.. i just got the black and white with all the micky mouse faces, the pluto with the mickey hat and the bling'd out Zero pin.

Not big on trading but I like collecting and have collected quite a few over the years. I'm not as into it as I used to be. They release so many pins that its hard to keep up with and imo they are not releasing many cool pins anymore. However, I don't have an AP and don't have access to WDI and Cast Member pins, so maybe thats where they release all the cool ones now. I'll usually only find one or two pins I really like each time I visit.

• Senior Minion

Just got started on my last trip. only have 3 pins right now. any tips on specific times of the year where i can trade for some special pins?

• Future Cast Member :)

I just started sorta collecting them. I probably won't try to get all of them in a huge collection, but if I see some cool ones I like, I'll probably get them (like the VMK ones)

I love pin collecting, but I never trade. Once I've bought the one I like I wouldn't trade it for the world. :P But, it really is addicting. I usually get one pin per visit, unless I go really frequently.
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

• C4C6C

I have only bought a couple. What scares me are the people who are in the park every Sunday with these HUGE albums of them.

• Closed Account

I enjoy the collecting part of pins but I don't trade mainly because most of my pins are rare/unique so I would never trade them for anything in the world!! I also only collect the full range of pins related to a specific subject matter such as POTC or 50th Anniversary of DL.

Many pins come through the Disney Outlet stores which is a sign that the pin rage is coming to an end. My last trip to the Disney Outlet store there were no pins left. Another fad (like Disney Beanies) coming to an end.

The part of pin trading that I dislike is the Limited Editions that immediately get posted on eBay for twice the amount. 300 LE pins are a waste of time and money especially when most people are buying them to make a profit.

I also dislike the lecherous pin traders that hang out at the parks pin trading area. Not the good ones but the ones that want to trade but they make you go out and purchase three pins in one of the stores just to make your trade. I once asked a guy if I could trade him for a military pin Mickey Honors the military and the guy wanted me to buy him three limited (Annual Passholder LE release) pins at the pin store! I told him to go you know what and reported him to a CM. They said there was nothing they could do since he really wasn't breaking any rules other than taking the joy out of pin collecting. I liked it better trading with CMs because they had an arsenal of "trading pins" that was specifically used to trade with the guests.

I use to pin trade but then I discovered that I could do much more with my money. I don't hate on it though.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I think I will snag some random cheap pins off ebay so my kiddo can trade them! Anyone have any luck with that?
    Yaye!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast