Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: How many of you do pin trading when you visit disneyland?

My first lanyard is almost all filled up! I don't trade most of my pins, but I do buy the packs and then trade those, mostly with CM's. It's addictive and can really add up, but I enjoy it. I also buy pins that relate to the season, my favorite characters, or something special on that trip.

• Minion

i dont have any pins rignt am geting to staert pin tradeing any advie what pins i should get frist set
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    i dont have any pins rignt am geting to staert pin tradeing any advie what pins i should get frist set
    Pick pins that you like,like your favorite characters,rides,or seasonal.You can also purchase starter sets on lanyards.Also,pick some pins that you won't mind trading.Most CM's are very open to trading pins,just look for CM's wearing lanyards.Have fun with it,don't feel you have to trade.

My family trades/collects. I mostly started collecting but every now and then I trade with a cm what I deem a "throw away" pin. My son and brother are trade crazy!! My son once traded a special addition pin for a AAA Year of a Million Dreams travel booking pin and I almost had a heart attack. He said to me "well it was my money I spent on the pin so I can trade for whatever I want" lol. The hubby just collects really. He is after the elusive Mickey thanks a Marine service pin because he is a Marine.
    I walked with you once upon a dream...

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

I'm not really a hardcore trader and I don't really trade with anyone other than a cast member, and thats only if they have anything on their lanyard that I want XD I like the pins I have too much to trade them. So I guess I'm more of a collector lol. I usually look out for Stitch pins and Dragon!Maleficent C:

Go for a starter set that you really like, to start off. That way, you can gradually trade them away for a theme or other assorted pins that you like :] It's a lot of fun.

• Faith.Trust.PixieDust

I do and love it. Getting ready to head down there this morning and I have about 30 pins ready to be traded away. I look for any Princess Jasmine (of course ) pins or just ones that catch my eye.

I've personally never understood the craze over Disney pins or now things like vinylmation stuff.

Explain to me... what's the appeal? Are there super rare valuable ones worth thousands of dollars that everyone is always searching for? Anyone know approx. how many Disney pins there are in circulation? Does Disney make new pins on a regularly monthly basis or something, or they only make new ones now for special occasions or something?

Granted, I never really collected baseball cards or even been a 'collector' of anything. (Maybe cause if I did, it's one of the things where it could never be complete and I'd end up on that show Hoarders :-P)

But yea, I just don't get it. And how recent is this? When I was younger pins didn't seem to be as big as they are now. But they do have designated pin trading stations at the parks, so it must be pretty huge now, worldwide.

Yea, worldwide.. there must be tons of pins from Paris and Tokyo and now Hong Kong. So are there any hardcore pin traders out there who travel to all the Disney parks to get those foreign pins too?
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Californian Fox-Wolf

I do trade pins... whenever I remember to bring the lanyard full of them along with me to the parks. However, I tend to be rather picky when selecting pins, and oftentimes decline to trade with someone if I can't find something that I might like (e.g. there was this one CM in DCA who had a Figment pin, don't recall what I traded for that one, I think it was a Mickey...)
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• Blew By You

I was give a lanyard set on my birthday a few years ago. I let it sit for a couple of years before taking it out for a try. That day went well. I had my two nephews with me who were very eager to try out the trading. I stood in the background observing. They traded well.
    Well, when I decided to try trading on my own, my natural shyness overcame me. I had the lanyard hanging around my neck (recall the Ryme of the Ancient Mariner!). It got heavier as the day wore on. I actually lost a pin when the back of the pin came off. I finally took it off, stashed it away in my closed when I returned home. It sits still in my closet.
    Answer to the question: no.

Yes we trade. It's been about 4 years now and we have an entire book full of them. Yes I buy lots on Ebay and trade for got to have ones from CM only. I try to hit the pin trading at 3:00 in frontierland to get a good variety to choose from. I don't like to waste my time with non cast members who try to make a trade for an arm and a leg. We each have our own theme. My youngest son is all mickey and my oldest son (who I think is starting to grow out of it, him being to cool) but has a great assortment of pirates and star wars. I personally collect for my favorite characters and then movies and rides/attractions. My husband supports my addiction but thinks I'm nuts and won't be caught dead with a lanyard. The majority are stored in our book but last trip collections are on our lanyards hanging from hooks on our wall of disney photo frame collections.

• Another Happy Haunt

If I wear my lanyards into the park they are typically "Trophy" pins which I would say aren't for trade. I've recently started branching out and I've been trading hidden mickey and booster pins with CMs and children, as I find it more comfortable and less stressful than trading with "hardcore" collectors/traders.
    Your friend and mine,
    The Mouse Macabre

I just got into trading recently as well, it is very addicting. My lanyard has my favorite ones for display only and I take a separate patch I pin the ones for trading... I just traded with another guest for the first time on Sunday, it was a little nerve racking but it was someone who set up shop in front of Westward Ho at DL, so it wasn't too bad!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

im starting to trade.. now my collection is all weird now

• My turn

I’m more of a collector than trader. It can get really expensive so I don't have a lot to spend on trade pins, and a lot of the good ones I like are the older, rarer ones, which often I don’t have any pins at the same value to trade. So I just get what I want. However I have gotten a lot of good pins through trades with CMs. Though I collect any pins to my liking, most of it consists of villains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12